Is r5 5* ascended aegon worth doing necro with?

ChaosKingChaosKing Member Posts: 53
I'm tired of waiting for a 6* aegon so i might just use a r5 5* aegon, how many more revives would you say it'll take compared to a 6*?

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    Is it just for one path? I know a couple people who did completion with 5* Aegon but it’s by no means ideal. If you go for it I’d try to have 90-100+ revives just out of safety. I’d only do this if you don’t have Kate, shuri, or wong though.
  • jj_jj_9jj_jj_9 Member Posts: 114
    I think it's very possible just a lot more expensive. I would have a full inventory and 4000 units on hand
  • ChaosKingChaosKing Member Posts: 53

Is it just for one path? I know a couple people who did completion with 5* Aegon but it’s by no means ideal. If you go for it I’d try to have 90-100+ revives just out of safety. I’d only do this if you don’t have Kate, shuri, or wong though.

i have none of those champs above 4*
    ChaosKing said:

In that case I would say go for it. With 8.4 around the corner you definitely want to be in a position to get valiant.
    jj_jj_9 said:

I think it's very possible just a lot more expensive. I would have a full inventory and 4000 units on hand

4000 units is 400 revives right?

ChaosKing said:

In that case I would say go for it. With 8.4 around the corner you definitely want to be in a position to get valiant.
    okay i appreciate it, ill farm around 100 revives. what team would you reccomend for path one?
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    It'll be an expensive run but doable
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    ChaosKing said:

jj_jj_9 said:

4000 units is 400 revives right?
    No, only 100 revives (40 units each)

I don‘t know… A 5* R5 Ascended is about the same strength as a 6* r3… Plus, you get a shorter enrage timer (or whatever the timer is called in Necro). I used a 6* R5 ascended and did my completion with 85 revives.

With a 5* I‘d plan with around 225 revives.

You can stack up 75 through apothecary and 22h solo events (you need to not claim a week‘s worth of L2 revives from the 22h solo events), so it‘s another 150 for purchase (6k units)

Maybe see if you can buy some of the EQ-offers or maybe the 500 unit offer returns, so you can buy some of these…
    Skyfaw said:

I did it with the 5* just don’t forget the relic like I did. I only did the Titania path with the 5* tho. Can’t see why he wouldn’t work on other paths, took me like 80ish revives on that run I think. The only upside of doing the 5* is you’ll max ramp the first fight.

80 revives with a 5* and no relic is awesome!
    Skyfaw said:

I did it with the 5* just don’t forget the relic like I did. I only did the Titania path with the 5* tho. Can’t see why he wouldn’t work on other paths, took me like 80ish revives on that run I think. The only upside of doing the 5* is you’ll max ramp the first fight.

did you use shuri at all? and what relic would you reccomend? i only have aegon that i can use in the necro.
    ChaosKing said:

ChaosKing said:

okay i appreciate it, ill farm around 100 revives. what team would you reccomend for path one?
    I used Kate for my run so I’m not the best person to ask for that, but probably just a typical Aegon team. Aegon/proxima/heimdall/reverse controls immune. For the 5th team slot maybe nick for +20% attack? Or Odin? Up to you.
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    ChaosKing said:

Skyfaw said:

did you use shuri at all? and what relic would you reccomend? i only have aegon that i can use in the necro.
    I used shuri for cap brit but you don’t need her for it. Aegon can do that whole path. Just put the biggest relic you can on him. Not a lot of them give him much to work with.
    Skyfaw said:

ChaosKing said:

Skyfaw said:

I used shuri for cap brit but you don’t need her for it. Aegon can do that whole path. Just put the biggest relic you can on him. Not a lot of them give him much to work with.
    i appreciate it ill farm 90 revives just to be safe, is willpower needed?
    ChaosKing said:

Skyfaw said:

ChaosKing said:

Skyfaw said:

i appreciate it ill farm 90 revives just to be safe, is willpower needed?
    Not really… You‘ll be purifying the debuffs very quickly… Maybe in the first fight you will lose some health because you don‘t crit so much (under 100 combo the chance to purify on crit is 40%)

But once you reach 100 combo, every crit purifies, so you should be fine…
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    Skyfaw said:

u have 7 star shuri so yeah....i'd say that if you didn't bring in aegon, the run might be significantly cheaper
    Jack2634 said:

Skyfaw said:

u have 7 star shuri so yeah....i'd say that if you didn't bring in aegon, the run might be significantly cheaper
    he said he only used shuri for captain britain fight
    ChaosKing said:

Jack2634 said:

Skyfaw said:

he said he only used shuri for captain britain fight
    Maybe should have used her for more fights?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Badah said:

I did it with a 5* using around 220 revives but without using healing potions.

How many units is that?
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    Jack2634 said:

Skyfaw said:

I would’ve needed someone else, there a lot of pesky annoying cosmic defenders that would have been annoying to deal with. She was only r1 and not awakened so it’s not like she a way better option. Plus it’s not everyday you play Aegon and probably would’ve lasted like 30-60mins longer if Aegon not there smashing.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Or…if you got Wong, and skills, you could do Necropolis itemless with only Wong on your team. (Normax on youtube).
  • BadahBadah Member Posts: 277 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Badah said:

I did it with a 5* using around 220 revives but without using healing potions.

How many units is that?
    It was done when it was possible to farm revives, but still had to buy more than 1000 units on revives.