Which Champions have aged the best?

Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Member Posts: 254 ★★★
I’m curious for everyone’s thoughts to this question, I’ve been thinking about it for a while. So which champions have aged the best in this game? Consider how long the champion has been in the game and their relevance today. Also consider any buffs they have had and the time since those. (Ex. Juggernaut is an old champion and highly relevant, but only because he got a buff)

Here are my top 3:

Archangel (2017)
Domino (2018)
Hyperion (2016)

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    AA, no 7-star version and will never release 7-star version
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    Yeah those 3 are pretty much the one's that come to mind when you think of older champs that still work wonders.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Elsa (2019)

So good. 10/10 champ. Literally perfect.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★

Elsa (2019)

So good. 10/10 champ. Literally perfect.

So true. I thought I had him with r4 Photon stalling long enough against his r1 Elsa, but I was wrong.

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    AA, Torch and Ghost
    That's my top three older champs, that they haven't lost their value over the years, and still remain very powerful and at the top of their class.
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Member Posts: 254 ★★★

Awakened Ronan (2014).

I can’t wait until there is a buff heavy [season] of [negative emotion] fight so I can watch some maniac on YouTube solo it with a 2 star Ronan
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    Ghost
    Hyperion
    Aegon
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    Also if you consider doom to be a old champ, He is becoming more relevant nowadays. A champ useful in all spheres of the game.
  • Johnson374Johnson374 Member Posts: 30
    ... Hulk was a dud since 2015. Shining only at low health. Now buffed Hulk goes every where.

Granted he didn't aged well and needs buff, but he is as old as the game ...
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Looking at 2017, Stark Spidey still seems to pop up everywhere, and has never been buffed. Venom, one of the earlier buffs, holds onto relevancy. And, obv, Groot has held his position (whatever that may be) in the face of every buff program kabam has ever enacted.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,285 ★★★★
    Captain america classic
    Joke
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,857 ★★★★★

Red mags is also relevant till this day

You must have joined after August 2020.

Before his buff in August 2020, Red Magneto was a joke.

So yes, he's good. But he's effectively less than four years old.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    Me seeing buff heavies champs in 2015:
    Also me seeing buff heavies champs in 2024 ( i am talking to u, monthly quest odin):
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    As a defensive threat, I'd like to throw Electro's hat into the ring as well. He has like two abilities in his entire kit and one of those has been an existential pain in the butt of every Summoner for close to ten years.

That's honestly kind of impressive.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    Sersi (2021) has aged phenomenally. Learned how she can counter Photon recently and that has made her even more fun to use in BGs.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    Original kits, mainly untouched or not buffed in the last 4 years?
    Magic
    AA
    Quake

Honourable mentions
    Ronan
    Switch
    Voodoo
    Blade
    Medusa
    Hyperion

Later than that?
    Void
    Capiw
    Aegon
    Domino
    Omega red
    The champion (if you are swedeah) 🫣

Makes me realise how very old this game is and how long I've been playing!!
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    Hercules (2021) has remained incredibly relevant though I don’t think that’s surprising to anyone all things considered.

Venom (2015 but buffed in 2018) is another champ I think has remained useful. He’s not meta or anything but I remember when Peni was released, he was one of the best counters to her annoying Power Burn. He arguably still is. These Immunities have made him continue to be handy and I’ve always found him fun to play.

Medusa (2017) is also still pretty good, both as an Attacker and as a Defender. Only her and Aarkus have access to Armor Shatter to this day and they absolutely destroy Robots with it.

Aegon (2018), Colossus (2015 but buffed in 2019), Killmonger (2018), Thing (2019), Warlock (2019), Sasquatch (2020), She-Hulk (2016 but buffed in 2019) and Sorcerer Supreme (2020) just a name few more IMO. Just like Venom, most of these champs aren't meta but have remained useful and/or found new uses as more champions and mechanics have been added whether that's as an Attacker, a Defender, or both.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Why are people disagreeing? Hype has aged like fine wine
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Sersi (2021) has aged phenomenally. Learned how she can counter Photon recently and that has made her even more fun to use in BGs.

Would love to hear how she does that because I’m struggling on photon if I don’t draft zemo lmao
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,957 ★★★★★

Awakened Ronan (2014).

I can’t wait until there is a buff heavy [season] of [negative emotion] fight so I can watch some maniac on YouTube solo it with a 2 star Ronan
    Next year’s autumn of anxiety is gonna be awesome