Options

Players on iphone control bugs

I’ve been having some major issues lately with the controls and overall gameplay the last month or so. Has anyone experienced or have pointers for any of this?

1. Parry seems almost impossible. I’ve been parrying my entire mcoc career lol and I understand slip ups and mistakes happen which is fine. But lately it’s almost as if the AI is punching straight through my parry. I know my timing hasn’t gotten THAT bad in such a short amount of time.
2. The controls are split into essentially 2 halves on your phone. 1 half is defense and 1 half is offense. But there have been WAY too many instances where I tap the back half (defense half) of my phone to parry and my champ slides across the screen directly into a combo or sp. it’s pretty ridiculous. And again, I know mistakes happen but this has been a pretty recurring issue recently.
3. Sp and relic buttons aren’t activating as they should be causing me again to be left wide open for attacks
4. Lagging or glitching when an opponent dashes toward me causing me to miss a parry or dex (separate from the 1 st issue in parrying)

Is anyone experiencing anything like this or similar? Or am I just bugging? Lol

Comments

• Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Yes to all of them. 1 doesnt happen all the time but it’s enough to call it out. A few times a day for eg block just doesn’t register at all. 3 and 4 are particularly frequent in the last month or so. iPhone 12.
  • Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 48
    i've been playing for years, have the lastest iphone 15 pro max, and dude ..there is for sure some issues with the input
  • Options
    Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Posts: 47
    Thank you all for your responses! I’m glad… but not glad to know that I’m not the only one experiencing this.

I’m at the “end game” content so it makes things particularly difficult considering 1 mess up will cost you the entire match. Modes like Necro can’t afford any slip ups like this! It sucks sometimes.

I really like the game but these issues definitely make it less enjoyable at times.

I’m going to keep playing but Kabam, I hope there is a fix for this issue soon or at least tweak the AI or nodes to balance these issues for end game content moving forward.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,103 ★★★
    edited March 24
    It’s been consistent for longer than that for me. And I’m on 14+. Been playing since launch day on iPhones. Have never seen controls as horrible as they have been the last few months. And I agree I know I didn’t forget how to parry or dex after going on 10 years.
  • Options

It’s been consistent for longer than that for me. And I’m on 14+. Been playing since launch day on iPhones. Have never seen controls as horrible as they have been the last few months. And I agree I know I didn’t forget how to parry or dex after going on 10 years.

The fact that it’s been so consistent just indicates that it’ll likely never be fixed lol but I’m hoping I’m wrong about that because those moments sucks the fun out of this game for me. I try to be optimistic though
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 ★★★★★
    Still the same for me on my 13 pro max. Lag, stutter, dropped inputs and dead striker buttons.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Still the same for me on my 13 pro max. Lag, stutter, dropped inputs and dead striker buttons.

Dr. Zola

Has this been brought to Kabam’s attention over time or is this just one of those things that we shouldn’t expect help with?

It’s been so frustrating trying to explore necro. I feel like I could do a lot better if some of these things weren’t happening
  • Options
    AsyalolAsyalol Posts: 20
    I also encounter problems on iPhone and iPad Air Latest generation. My character is backing instead of attacking and then relaunching himself on the fight, it makes me lose my combo.
    Also I noticed since the update that the game has become very heavy in graphics, which causes lags and causes the parade or dodges to lose during the opposing super powers.
    I wonder if Kabam is not on purpose to make the game graphically very heavy so that the CPU is enormously requested and makes the combo or parade miss, like that, there will be a lot of expenditure of our stocks or unit.
  • Options
    Bacxn_v2Bacxn_v2 Posts: 2
    Same here, my relic won’t activate. If anything I just keep spam blocking. As well as anytime I try to block after my combo the opponent just bulldozes right thru
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,091 ★★★★
    #1 has been especially egregious recently, in addition to the rest of them happening pretty frequently for a while now.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 119 ★★
    iPhone 15 pro max. Definitely having issues. I came on to make a post that all of my fights today had at least one MLLLM combo where the final M didn’t register. Every single fight in all game modes today in specific. In general all over the above
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 273 ★★
    15 pro max, dash in when trying to hit block, and the defender then almost always throws a special attack (Kabam, use that piece of code to get the defender to throw specials)
    not registering any inputs, close to the defender, and then, bam, special attack in the face (or you could even use that piece of code)
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 650 ★★★

I’ve been having some major issues lately with the controls and overall gameplay the last month or so. Has anyone experienced or have pointers for any of this?

1. Parry seems almost impossible. I’ve been parrying my entire mcoc career lol and I understand slip ups and mistakes happen which is fine. But lately it’s almost as if the AI is punching straight through my parry. I know my timing hasn’t gotten THAT bad in such a short amount of time.
    2. The controls are split into essentially 2 halves on your phone. 1 half is defense and 1 half is offense. But there have been WAY too many instances where I tap the back half (defense half) of my phone to parry and my champ slides across the screen directly into a combo or sp. it’s pretty ridiculous. And again, I know mistakes happen but this has been a pretty recurring issue recently.
    3. Sp and relic buttons aren’t activating as they should be causing me again to be left wide open for attacks
    4. Lagging or glitching when an opponent dashes toward me causing me to miss a parry or dex (separate from the 1 st issue in parrying)

Is anyone experiencing anything like this or similar? Or am I just bugging? Lol

I’m on a 2024 iPad Pro 11. And I’m having the same issues. Todays my screen start bouncing whenever I hit the end of a page. I’m not sure I’m explaining right but it’s a huge visual bug.
    It starting to feel like 2020 all over again min the compensation they gave us. Now we are just getting the shaft.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Biggest one that pisses me off the most is when 80% of the time the game won’t allow me to do mlllm. It does a mlm and stalls right after the that medium. I never input it that way but it does it on its own. I always catch a beating when it does. And fighting in places like woe or necro… I’m forced to revive or restart.
    FIX THE GAME KABAM! Please….
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★
    edited March 25
    3 and 4 have happened a lot recently. Also not sure if related or not, but randomly the game will just stop all inputs for a frame or two, so you just stop your combo, or sometimes you can actually be mid animation and it stops. You just stand there waiting to receive a punch.

Parry windows been shambolic for years now so I don't even class that as an I-Specific bug.