**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do different champs have different AI behaviours?

GlassbackGlassback Posts: 385 ★★★
First time I’ve ever got to Mantis first in AQ map 8, there were some really strange behaviours for how she was using specials, almost seemed like she was throwing specials while I was mid combo, or while I was blocking or about to connect with an intercept that I haven’t noticed anywhere else in the game.

Is this a thing? Like does she throw more sp1s at weird times to make us play more carefully around her sleep mechanic?

Comments

• Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 503 ★★★
    I havent faced Mantis on defense for a while. In fact not since she was a biss in one of the side quests a few months ago. However, everything you described is something i face on a weekly basis. I dont know if some characters are more prone towards it but its not specific to Mantis.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 615 ★★★
    Yup, probably the worst feature in the game
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 68
    For me it's Mordo. Lol. His ai is the worst.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited March 27
    No evidence other than my own experience, which suggests they do. I’ve suddenly seen a rash of normally aggressive champs that go passive when I use an attacker who needs to intercept. That would imply an occasional attacker or attacker-class specific AI as well.

One of the more jarring examples for me is Venom—normally a super aggressive defender. I’ve hit some recently that behave gentle as a little lamb if it benefits them.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Go vs Venom AI
    Then go vs any other champ in war.

Difference of aggression and reach and constant 5 hit combo after dex is DAY AND NIGHT.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Yeah it’s a thing

Mysterio is a good example, he is much more likely to throw heavy attacks

Exactly who came to mind when I seen the title.

Chavez is another who will randomly throw heavies.

And Venom AI is generally super aggressive I have always found.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    Yup there are very different AI behaviors:

Doom is erratic and a master at light intercepts, and doubles down on random heavies when you have a shock on you to activate stun
    Mysterio throws heavies like they're going out of style
    Warlock AI is all over the place with no real rhyme, reason or pattern and super jittery. Also he'll throw his SP1 into your block just to screw you over.
    America Chavez is like Mysterio light with heavies.
    Doc Ock has one of the quickest transitions between light and medium attacks.
    Medusa and Cap Marvel Movie travel across the screen like Lebron James during their basic attacks and back you in quick.
    Shuri hold block a lot and transitions into heavies more than most.
    Moleman will hold block to bait you into hitting into his block and proc his unstoppable ALOT.
    Red Skull also holds block a lot to bait you into hitting into his block a lot.
    Thing goes super aggressive if his Unstoppable procs and does his best to back you into the corner.
    Terrax goes super aggressive when he has his rock field active.
    Spot throws a lot of weird random heavies out of nowhere.
    Venom is very aggressive and seems to cover extra space with every basic attack more than other champs (similar to Cap Marvel Movie and Medusa).

I know once upon a time someone from Kabam noted all champs have the same speed and cadence to their attack, but I'm convinced that's impossible.

• Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    When using Onslaught, the opponent will dash back immediatly after their parry stun expires so that you cannot heavy them for the increased pause duration. This is a thing only trained on the competitive AI in AW and BG.

When holding block with Dani for the opponent to hit you and miss, defenders are more likely to throw a special attack, which really screws her over against Nick’s sp1.

When playing Hercules, opponents are almost three times as likely to light intercept you when they’re infuriated.
    Also, in incursions specifically, they will dash back at the beginning of the fight and then back in to catch you if you try to attack immediatly.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 385 ★★★
    Thanks guys, was worried that I was going to have a git good response!