What champ should be redone next?

DancingPanda_14DancingPanda_14 Member Posts: 64
What bottom-feeder champ who no one uses do you think kabam should redo? Kabam has completely overhauled champs in the past such as iron man and hulk, and they announced they will do the same for superior iron man in a couple months. The poll is limited to 10 options so there will be a part 2.

What champ should be redone next? 153 votes

Black Bolt
6%
TendersquadFoxhero007Mqc19ErcarretTrek26AgenteMagnusErrangXFREEDOMXDuboisMetalNimbus 10 votes
Cyclops (either one)
24%
MasterSmokeRaganatorMhd20034CyborgNinja135IamnikeMoosetiptronicOurobørosAleorRockyshockyphil56201pontusumbraAngusMac279psp742captain_rogersPowerofpain1001WhoDaPooEwell65SSS69ItsClobberinTimeValkyrion99Adrianz1 38 votes
Phoenix
13%
ProxTrojaneagle1000DeNeDiedoctorbUsagicassidyCosmicSpider5Rebarkblack_kill288Ben_15455Nogood22ChaosKingThePredator1001mbgibsonBirbmanManbatnFlynnlives2k15Potatoslice500HatsumomoTikkaMasalaArmageddøn 21 votes
Elektra
3%
PantherusNZNojokejaymdee_jay5MutantA___4444SagaChampionAsphyxia 6 votes
Dr. Strange
30%
DrZolaTalha305RajaSecondSkrillerMagrailothosNescioRepto23anggafkXigrosxlbstverliebtRookiiePickle_ticklePrentexJpm14gash228Bahubalijcphillips7BerjibsMaxwell24RenaxqqDoctor_Strange19 46 votes
Ms. Marvel
1%
BendyGalactikDonut 2 votes
Vision
4%
mbraceSuperstar_1126Jethuahyp3r05Noverrr77MidiIggyPop 7 votes
Symbiote Spidey
2%
Red_Lightning02The_0wenpusRoddyRodster77MaskedLegend 4 votes
Beast
5%
CazblurblotBeeweedump_monkeyTheSaithErik_BloodaxeArizonabayLops 8 votes
Loki
7%
Ragnarok13kikiFurieuxSachhyam257Sagacious0wlLordSmasherAzenstarQwerasdKLZSilentArisMarcus_TBDTullemo 11 votes

Comments

• DancingPanda_14DancingPanda_14 Member Posts: 64
    Feel free to leave a comment explaining your choice or who else you think should be on this list.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    Desperately needs it, so does Beast.
  • SchnoodleSchnoodle Member Posts: 218 ★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    sentry
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★
    Elektra
    Back in the day Elektra was one of my mainstay AW attackers for her AAR capability without needing high sig level like BW. These days every other champion can do that and so she's relegated waaaay down the list. But she's such a great character and would love her to be elevated again.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    edited April 7
    Cyclops (either one)
    Cyclops was always my favorite X-Men so no brainer for me lol I really wish he was next but it's highly unlikely it will be him since we already got a mutant. These overhauls won't be as frequent as regular buffs so I'd assume they want to take turns with each class.

Edit: also where's Groot and Iron Patriot, we all know one of them would've won the poll easily.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    Preferably blue
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    Both Cyclops. Wish they would buff any champion that's a near identical reskin simultaneously. Like how they did both Magneto. I'd even settle for both Cyclops to have near identical buffs with just minor differences (as they already are anyway), so that they will both be useable.

But if we can only have one, then definitely blue team Cyclops.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    Rhino. I know the science class has gotten a lot of love lately, but his kit could be so amazing!
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Member Posts: 566 ★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    Blue over the red cyclops
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange
    I’ve been waiting for Doctor Strange to be buffed for goddamn years.
  • DamageFactionDamageFaction Member Posts: 92
    Nacho98 said:

Dr Strange has been disrespected for way too long

DS is highly unlikely to ever be buffed. In the early days of MCOC Scarlet Witch, Thor, DS and Star Lord were the original god tier. SW had 100% accuracy on her sig ability, Thor had no limit to his armour breaks and DS’s health recovery was based on the damage he dealt, Star Lord was the only champ didn’t take a beating the dreaded 12.0 update all those years ago. Since DS has already had a write down it is highly unlikely Kabam will have any interest in making future changes to the worst nerfed champ in the game.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,088 ★★★★★
    Cyclops (either one)

Nacho98 said:

Dr Strange has been disrespected for way too long

DS is highly unlikely to ever be buffed. In the early days of MCOC Scarlet Witch, Thor, DS and Star Lord were the original god tier. SW had 100% accuracy on her sig ability, Thor had no limit to his armour breaks and DS’s health recovery was based on the damage he dealt, Star Lord was the only champ didn’t take a beating the dreaded 12.0 update all those years ago. Since DS has already had a write down it is highly unlikely Kabam will have any interest in making future changes to the worst nerfed champ in the game.
    Yes because SL wasn't broken. He simply was a good champ, but not broken
  • EmomikeEmomike Member Posts: 229 ★★
    Dr. Strange
    DS got the worst of 12.0. They said his power gain was to much only to put out hype and mordo a few months later. He was my second r5 4* loved playing him back then. Now he's about as bad as groot.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Black Bolt
    I have a couple of reasons why I want Black Bolt buffed. First of all, he's just trash. I think you can make him pretty good with a ton of synergies but no one runs synergies anymore.

But I also want him to be buffed because of Vox. Half of Vox's SP3 is about placing an indefinite Neutralize on Inhuman opponents, but it's literally only useful against Medusa unless there are nodes involved that give the rest of them some sort of annoying buffs. It's as if they took a really obscure synergy and crammed it into Vox's kit instead.

Luckily there's more to Vox's SP3 than just that line but I'd nonetheless want it to be more useful, and one way to do that would be to buff some Inhuman champs like Black Bolt and Kamala Khan. Even against the "intended" target - Medusa - you still can just use an SP1 in order to bypass her autoblock, so going the SP3 route is still pointless unless you really don't want her to get any fury buffs because you've got furybuphobia or something.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,088 ★★★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    Ercarret said:

I have a couple of reasons why I want Black Bolt buffed. First of all, he's just trash. I think you can make him pretty good with a ton of synergies but no one runs synergies anymore.

But I also want him to be buffed because of Vox. Half of Vox's SP3 is about placing an indefinite Neutralize on Inhuman opponents, but it's literally only useful against Medusa unless there are nodes involved that give the rest of them some sort of annoying buffs. It's as if they took a really obscure synergy and crammed it into Vox's kit instead.

Luckily there's more to Vox's SP3 than just that line but I'd nonetheless want it to be more useful, and one way to do that would be to buff some Inhuman champs like Black Bolt and Kamala Khan. Even against the "intended" target - Medusa - you still can just use an SP1 in order to bypass her autoblock, so going the SP3 route is still pointless unless you really don't want her to get any fury buffs because you've got furybuphobia or something.

New phobia in the market guys!!
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    Sentry
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    Dr. Strange
    even if kabam revert his pre 12.0 kits, i really don't think he will be considered good in the current mystic class, his damage is just way too underwhelming. Maybe even in the bottom half. Would love to see an overhaul of one of the OG mystic gods and famous MCU character.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    Dr. Strange
    That's a tough list for me as there's many champs that need some attention.

If it had been Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) for a full overhaul I'd probably have gone with that. For those on this list it's between Dr Strange, Elektra, Symbiote Spidey and Loki.

I think the last three could be boosted by small to medium buffs, so a full overhaul I think should be reserved for Dr Strange.
  • RoddyRodster77RoddyRodster77 Member Posts: 60
    Symbiote Spidey
    sentry
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    edited April 8
    Cyclops (either one)
    From the options, I've always wanted to see Cyclops (Blue) get an overhaul

However, I'd also like to see an overhaul for Star-Lord or Iron Fist.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Groooooooooot 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥

Come on Kabam, he should be a beast 👻

And that would be a green activity, right?!? Since he's a tree and stuff...😜🌲🌴🌳
  • IggyPopIggyPop Member Posts: 65
    edited April 8
    Vision
    I choose Vision, and even thought of some mechanics for him for a new kit.
    What I have in mind is something similar to Abs man prefights and the way his abilities work.
    Vision has pretty much mastered the ability to alter his molecular structure allowing him to phase through objects or alter his matter to make it very durable (possibly even indestructible). So, what I propose is to introduce the prefights for i) Solid state that provides an indefinite armour up at the start of the fight increasing his armour rating by couple of thousand(s), providing immunity to Nullify and Stagger (little similar to Viv kit). Shall armour up be removed by any other means it would reapply after 10-15 seconds. ii) Phase state that enables Visions attack to become non-contact, and ending a 5 hit combo with light attack would apply a Debuff/passive falter for n seconds, refreshing after n second if opponent strikes into falter.
    Also I was thinking about his specials where sp1 could be reworked to as usual power drain but also maybe stack power passive energy vulnerability debuffs and cashing them out with big damage on sp2 with damage increasing of energy vulnerabilities based on how much power being drained/stolen during the attack.
    I don’t know, Vision is hella cool character that has gone toe to toe with lots of powerful villains and deserves appropriate power up.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Cyclops (either one)
    With the arrival of X-Men 97, I think Blue Cyclops' prominence is enough (especially with the upcoming Mr. Sinister buff) to warrant him consideration. I won't make a long post about it because I know those typically don't get often read, but consider these 3 points:
    - Iconic leader of the X-Men
    - kit could easily mirror or be similar to his brother Havok who is also very effective
    - he is a seemingly perfect candidate for a prowess interaction.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Eventually everyone 🤞
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,857 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange
    I went with Dr Strange, as it's long past time Kabam came good on the promise they made post-12.0 that these would all remain top champions 😐.

On a more constructive note, if anyone is bored, and wants to kill time with a read-through, I've got rework suggestions for 8/10 of those champions (and more) in this Suggestions Thread - https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328552/complete-buff-designs-for-classic-champions/p1

Dr Strange rework suggestion: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2261918/#Comment_2261918l
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange
    Sentry or Doctor Strange
  • DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    Dr. Strange
    But i would love a buffed up deadpool
  • DancingPanda_14DancingPanda_14 Member Posts: 64
    It's kinda sad how many champs need a huge rework