Options

Vox or Gladiator rank up

AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
So, I've been on a roll with 7* stars being all cosmics....Hyperion, Gamora, Gladiator, Gorr and Vox ( and DKG). Thanks!
Narrowed it down to Vox/ Gladiator (maybe DKG). Who do you guys think is better unawakened?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    DKG will be getting a guaranteed dupe soon(tm)
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 959 ★★★★
    Gladiator is quite op
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    Pikolu said:

True. He's going up anyways then ( also for his health pool )
  • Options
    Denic_2580Denic_2580 Posts: 29
    Played 50% of 8.4 content with rank 3 Gladiator, and it was easy, satisfying and fun to play. Crazy champ
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,098 ★★★★★
    Let me know how is DKG after the rank up. I'm also torn between DKG and Gladiator.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,775 ★★★★★
    I have Vox at r3 and while he's a monster in many ways, I really want to dupe him in order to pause his degens a bit. I find him fairly stressful to play unduped since the 13 seconds you have to get back to a special attack are pretty tight. If everything goes fine in the fight, it's usually not a problem. However, if the defender is stingy with throwing a special attack or if that special attack is especially long, it really eats up that time super quickly.

But man, can Vox wreck shop as well.

As for Gladiator, I don't have him. However, I would probably try him out in all of his post-buff glory before pulling the trigger on him. Especially when it comes to punishing specials. While I think he's viable even without doing that, it does seem to be an important part of his kit and I think you should be comfortable with it before deciding to go with him.

But as I said, I don't have him myself. I'm basically just guessing here.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    edited April 13
    Pikolu said:

Not just that: it's almost certain that you'll need to use Deathless KG in a quest, in order to Awaken him.

So (assuming you're planning to r2 him at all), it makes more sense to r2 him early, in order to make the challenge to Awaken him easier.
  • Options
    dannyrottendannyrotten Posts: 86
    edited April 13
    Ercarret said:

I have Vox at r3 and while he's a monster in many ways, I really want to dupe him in order to pause his degens a bit. I find him fairly stressful to play unduped since the 13 seconds you have to get back to a special attack are pretty tight. If everything goes fine in the fight, it's usually not a problem. However, if the defender is stingy with throwing a special attack or if that special attack is especially long, it really eats up that time super quickly.

But man, can Vox wreck shop as well.

As for Gladiator, I don't have him. However, I would probably try him out in all of his post-buff glory before pulling the trigger on him. Especially when it comes to punishing specials. While I think he's viable even without doing that, it does seem to be an important part of his kit and I think you should be comfortable with it before deciding to go with him.

But as I said, I don't have him myself. I'm basically just guessing here.

I recently r5/ascended/max sig vox.

The ai gets extra aggressive and the pausing ability isn’t as useful as I’d hoped. Still better than unduped but I’d say I get 10% opportunity to pause the degens. That being said, vox does other things well, and I’m very excited to have him. Gladiator is next on my list. There’s been lots of love since the buff.

• Options
    DancingPanda_14DancingPanda_14 Posts: 53
    Gladiator is so much fun after his buff I must say
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    Have you seen? Looks like his pretty good now after the buff.
    https://youtu.be/xkTCGjT_03c?si=gU4dLatW0NuiYc96