How Are You Using Rank-Up Resources?

mcocBobbanmcocBobban Member Posts: 7
Just curious how other people feel about this, but as someone who's Paragon and on the verge of becoming Valliant (I'm one Necropolis path away now that I've explored Act 8), I've decided that I don't want to use catalysts on 6-stars anymore. Rank-Up Gems are seemingly more and more common, and when Rank 4 7-stars are introduced to the game, 6-stars are going to be left behind.

The only 6-stars I plan on ranking up any time soon are Kate for Necropolis and maybe Bullseye for Battlegrounds, and both of those can go all the way to rank 5 using rank up gems.

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    I stopped using mats on 6* champs for a while. I'm not at the point where I have who I want ar r2 so I chose to r5 a few 6* champs recently to balance out the roster.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Once I saw how strong r2s were, I stopped using catalysts on 6*s. I think I made an exception only once or twice for r5 6*s after that point.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,897 ★★★★★
    I have 10 6* r5s, and only 3 (doom, Fam, Kate) were ranked up with Cats. All before my first necro run too.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    I’ve r5 the op champs then work on 7 stars. Don’t have the best 7 stars tho worth ranking. So would rather r5 sig 200 some op attackers/defenders.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,391 ★★★★★
    edited April 17
    I take 6s to r4 since those materials are pretty abundant. 6r5 only if it's a gem. Rest is saved for 7s.

I'm sitting on 3 generic 6r5 gems but can't pull the trigger since my favorite r4s are in the 7 pool.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 437 ★★★
    If you need a champ for content that can't be done with an r4, then rank the 6 star. I have only r5'd champs that won't be released as a 7 star anytime soon or if they are a meta defender or duel purpose champ that can make my BG life easier. Likelihood that I get them as a 7 star is low, so makes sense to put some resources towards the them as 6 stars.

It just so happens that the game isn't too far ahead in terms of r4's not being useful, so there's nothing wrong with using the gem-only rank up strategy.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I'll use catalysts if I don't have a 7* of that class I want to rank 2, as long as the 6* I'm taking up isn't a 7* (Valk will be my next one, likely) because I have zero content left that u can think of thats about to give me more 4-5 gems.

I just used catalysts to take AA up to r5 because the only mutant I have that's even close to worthy of r2 is an unduoed domino and I will not take her up until I dupe her, and AA is a killer, and not likely to be a 7* anytime soon.