**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Worst titan ever?

Comments

• Options
    DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 185 ★★

GMAX77 said:

There are so many below-average champions in Titan now. Luke, Blade, Thing. Even Jabari was better than them. From Warlock to Penny, from Shang Chi to Blade? This is just terrible. Basic has 10x times better options.

Umm...so just for clarification are you saying that Luke, Blade, and Thing are bad because you consider them "bad" or because they need extremely high to max sig for them to be at their best?
    So max sig Blade is beyond god champion? He's still trash. Not even a single player uses him and no one ever will use him. It's just there for nothing
    I pulled Blade out of my last Titan. Running max deep wounds and Despair his bleeds and his sp2 are satisfying. Awakened and high sig would be great for his healing ability but the damage is there out of the box.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★
    GMAX77 said:

@QalibZaman I legit appreciate the time you've taken to share your perspective as well as respond to replies. One of the beauties of forums such as these is that we can all express our opinions regardless of how they contrast with each other. One final question out of genuine curiosity. When you say "no one uses Blade" who would you be referencing. I say that not to be contentious but certainly many players value healing as it saves on resources. Are you implying that he is not used by YouTubers (though there are many who speak highly of Blade), are you referencing Battle Grounds (a mode where he does not excel as well as others, but this could potentially be said for other champs like Apocalypse), or are you referring to another group or demographic of players. Again, I am simply trying to understand the major problem you have with Blade. If I may close with this, are you saying that you rank him as one of the worst Skill champs? Or are you viewing most of the MCOC champs as unplayable. Simply looking for clarification of your perspective my friend. (I am a very big fan of the champ who has my 6 star at rank 5 and ascended and I do like the champ very much, that's my primary reason for trying to get understanding of a differeing viewpoint) B)

It depends on how you describe a "decent champion". For me, it's either damage or utility. Blade doesn't have any of them. He doesn't have immunities, his damage is one of the worst. He's only good against a 2-3 meta defender. He does nothing against whole science class. I haven't seen a single Blade in any BG deck. Haven't seen anyone talking about him on forums, haven't seen a single r5 Blade. He's just forgotten champion. His regen is good but for what? If you are new to the game maybe it can help. But for endgame players, it has no value.
  • Options

GMAX77 said:

@QalibZaman I legit appreciate the time you've taken to share your perspective as well as respond to replies. One of the beauties of forums such as these is that we can all express our opinions regardless of how they contrast with each other. One final question out of genuine curiosity. When you say "no one uses Blade" who would you be referencing. I say that not to be contentious but certainly many players value healing as it saves on resources. Are you implying that he is not used by YouTubers (though there are many who speak highly of Blade), are you referencing Battle Grounds (a mode where he does not excel as well as others, but this could potentially be said for other champs like Apocalypse), or are you referring to another group or demographic of players. Again, I am simply trying to understand the major problem you have with Blade. If I may close with this, are you saying that you rank him as one of the worst Skill champs? Or are you viewing most of the MCOC champs as unplayable. Simply looking for clarification of your perspective my friend. (I am a very big fan of the champ who has my 6 star at rank 5 and ascended and I do like the champ very much, that's my primary reason for trying to get understanding of a differeing viewpoint) B)

It depends on how you describe a "decent champion". For me, it's either damage or utility. Blade doesn't have any of them. He doesn't have immunities, his damage is one of the worst. He's only good against a 2-3 meta defender. He does nothing against whole science class. I haven't seen a single Blade in any BG deck. Haven't seen anyone talking about him on forums, haven't seen a single r5 Blade. He's just forgotten champion. His regen is good but for what? If you are new to the game maybe it can help. But for endgame players, it has no value.
    You've got to be trolling at this point. There are bad takes, really bad takes, and then there's this word salad garbage.
    Truth hurts. What can I say? If you think Blade is a decent titan pool addition, I'm asking @Kabam
    to help them to get Blade from Titan twice. For you and all Blade supporters. I'm asking sincerely.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,414 ★★★★★

GMAX77 said:

You've got to be trolling at this point. There are bad takes, really bad takes, and then there's this word salad garbage.
    Truth hurts. What can I say? If you think Blade is a decent titan pool addition, I'm asking @Kabam
    to help them to get Blade from Titan twice. For you and all Blade supporters. I'm asking sincerely.
    The fact that you say he has no utility, then say regen is good and then say he does nothing against the science class tells me you're trolling. I've heard some dumb things here in the forums but you take the cake.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,414 ★★★★★

GMAX77 said:

@QalibZaman I legit appreciate the time you've taken to share your perspective as well as respond to replies. One of the beauties of forums such as these is that we can all express our opinions regardless of how they contrast with each other. One final question out of genuine curiosity. When you say "no one uses Blade" who would you be referencing. I say that not to be contentious but certainly many players value healing as it saves on resources. Are you implying that he is not used by YouTubers (though there are many who speak highly of Blade), are you referencing Battle Grounds (a mode where he does not excel as well as others, but this could potentially be said for other champs like Apocalypse), or are you referring to another group or demographic of players. Again, I am simply trying to understand the major problem you have with Blade. If I may close with this, are you saying that you rank him as one of the worst Skill champs? Or are you viewing most of the MCOC champs as unplayable. Simply looking for clarification of your perspective my friend. (I am a very big fan of the champ who has my 6 stars at rank 5 and ascended and I do like the champ very much, that's my primary reason for trying to get understanding of a differeing viewpoint) B)

The fact that you say he has no utility, then say Regen is good and then say he does nothing against the science class tells me you're trolling. I've heard some dumb things here in the forums but you take the cake.
    Regen is his signature ability and it's not valuable in 2024. I'm asking again, for what are you gonna use his regen? I have 15 R5 ascended champs and their health is massive. They kill defenders in 30 seconds and they don't take any damage at all. You can't use it on BG because 70% health is too low. You don't need to use it on event quest because he's mid on offense. Blade has no value on my deck. You can't use him on WoW because Kabam allows only 1 champion to pick and he's very dependent on his synergies. Even if you use him with full synergy, his synergy partners are literally the worst champions in the game. Would you bring OG Ghost Rider or Dormammu to WoW only for Blade? I wouldn't. Do you know any other uses for him? Please tell me. Is he good against science? Against who? Tell me one.
    Whatever homie.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★

To everyone who thinks Blade is a decent champion. 7* champion kills Winter Solider in 160 hits.

rose colored glasses...

they should load up auntmai and filter from 2015-2017 only. of course he was great, they're just forgetting about every other champ the last 6 years.
  • Options

To everyone who thinks Blade is a decent champion. 7* champion kills Winter Solider in 160 hits.

Eh, I'm not convinced. Might need to r3 that bad boy and throw on 5/5 Deep Wounds for science.
    If you are a whale and you have 10 T4a, why not?🤣 But for me, hell no
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,814 ★★★★
    edited April 24

No one besides you said that Blade is a bad champion. Blade isn’t made for fights like Winter Soldier. Try him in an ideal matchup such as a Dimensional being (Dormammu, Future Antman, Mephisto, Morningstar) or a Science champ or the best, both, then come back
  • Options
    I agree with @Demonzfyre, OP has no idea what he’s talking about. He doesn’t even understand what Blade’s good for
  • Options
    edited April 24

GMAX77 said:

The fact that you say he has no utility, then say regen is good and then say he does nothing against the science class tells me you're trolling. I've heard some dumb things here in the forums but you take the cake.
    blade’s utility:

-regen
    -AAR
    -debuff duration shrug

1. regen - not needed in 2024 as EQ and story content isn’t what it was in 2017. the game has really changed and everyone has all bits of utility covered multiple times over, and story content is shorter.

regen has 0 zero use in BGs (if you’re regenning in a match you’ve lost).

2. AAR - relevant in only a few matches at most and he’s outshined by champs who do it much better.

3. shrug faster - really cool mechanic in 2017, unviable now. there’s million champs that can deal with bebuffs that wasn’t available then. and if we’re spending a minute in BGs to get to 3 bars so we can shrug debuffs we’ve already lost.

blade’s cool and brings back a lot of memories but let’s stop pretending it’s 2017 all over again. lol, even his successors like corvus and ghost are barely relevant.
    Agreed that his regen wouldn’t be useful in BGs but elsewhere? You forgot he has bleed on parry, that’s supet helpful for any nodes that require a DOT at the start of the fight. He gains power from bleed as well, so you can spam specials

Blade’s AAR is actually useful. It can be used to shut down abilities like Limbo or Mephisto’s Aura or even Fantman’s armor ups and glancing. That can change any matchup
  • Options
    edited April 24

well since we got nothing better to do than to argue on a video game forum :)

go back and look at the champs. compared to blade, all of them were useless. remember that 2017 was the year of 12.0, blade was a breakthrough in utility, most champs were basic, and the good ones you see weren't buffed back then.

2015:

notable champs:

magik: great atttacker but no active regen, no debuff management, and no AAR.

all the OG gods were nerfed and not available as a 5*.

ultron: people brought him for his regen in AQ, but he was called pillow hands for a reason

wolverine: regen for AQ.

2016:

x23: regen for AQ

ghost rider: regen for AQ

voodoo: regen, AAR. very good.

hyperion: very good. regen, good attack.

2017:

gwenpool: AAR, no regen, no debuff mitigation.

AA: AAR, but no regen and very hit or miss in war back then because of hidden tiles. regained a ton of value after defenders became visible years later.

iceman: great at the time but didn't rival blade

stark spidey: great at the time

medusa: meta defender

mephisto/morningstar/modok: meta defenders that blade ran through.

in 2017 the attackers that really stood out and had good use in many areas of the game, not just AQ, were blade, stark spidey, magik, voodoo, hyperion, iceman, and mayyybe AA.

that's it, it was a really small pool. if you still think blade's "great" today, you're looking at things using the old perspective.

blade was made irrelevant in 2018 when corvus, ghost, and omega took over. it's so silly to think he's still "good". i mean he's alright but they added 150 more champs that do everything better. it's not 2017 anymore lol.

-cheers

And after 2019 we've had more dimensional beings added. America Chavez, Purgatory, Galan, Spot, CGR (though he isn't a defender), and now Future Ant Man as well as Kushala. Blade may not be the absolute best counters to these but he is a counter
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

No one besides you said that Blade is a bad champion. Blade isn’t made for fights like Winter Soldier. Try him in an ideal matchup such as a Dimensional being (Dormammu, Future Antman, Mephisto, Morningstar) or a Science champ or the best, both, then come back
    Because no one besides me playing with him 🤣🤣 you all living in the past. I'm pretty sure Symbiote Duck also has his own best matchups. But level 1 duck kills Winter Solider in fewer hits than level 25 Blade. And I don't even know how to play with Duck lol. That explains everything. Don't defend him like he's a good champion. Look at the match results. It's embarrassing how titan champion has less damage than the worst 7*. The question is, will he be overthrown duck? Will he become the worst 7* in the game? 🤣
    VTD does have ideal matchups such as armor up and techs, but his long and RNG based rampup makes people not wanna use him. That's why he's considered to be the worst.
  • Options
    DamageFactionDamageFaction Posts: 92
    I got Onslaught so I’m not complaining!!!
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    edited April 24
    EdisonLaw said:

well since we got nothing better to do than to argue on a video game forum :)

go back and look at the champs. compared to blade, all of them were useless. remember that 2017 was the year of 12.0, blade was a breakthrough in utility, most champs were basic, and the good ones you see weren't buffed back then.

2015:

notable champs:

magik: great atttacker but no active regen, no debuff management, and no AAR.

all the OG gods were nerfed and not available as a 5*.

ultron: people brought him for his regen in AQ, but he was called pillow hands for a reason

wolverine: regen for AQ.

2016:

x23: regen for AQ

ghost rider: regen for AQ

voodoo: regen, AAR. very good.

hyperion: very good. regen, good attack.

2017:

gwenpool: AAR, no regen, no debuff mitigation.

AA: AAR, but no regen and very hit or miss in war back then because of hidden tiles. regained a ton of value after defenders became visible years later.

iceman: great at the time but didn't rival blade

stark spidey: great at the time

medusa: meta defender

mephisto/morningstar/modok: meta defenders that blade ran through.

in 2017 the attackers that really stood out and had good use in many areas of the game, not just AQ, were blade, stark spidey, magik, voodoo, hyperion, iceman, and mayyybe AA.

that's it, it was a really small pool. if you still think blade's "great" today, you're looking at things using the old perspective.

blade was made irrelevant in 2018 when corvus, ghost, and omega took over. it's so silly to think he's still "good". i mean he's alright but they added 150 more champs that do everything better. it's not 2017 anymore lol.

-cheers

And after 2019 we've had more dimensional beings added. America Chavez, Purgatory, Galan, Spot, CGR (though he isn't a defender), and now Future Ant Man as well as Kushala. Blade may not be the absolute best counters to these but he is a counter
    and most of those have much better counters than blade...
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

All this tells me is that you either aren’t using him properly or have a bad mastery setup for a bleed dependent champion.

This is a 6* r3 Blade. And I goofed at one point, took a couple hits, and got power drained. I run 5/5 deep wounds as part of my standard mastery loadout. Notice that your bleed damage percentage is only 10%, but mine is 29%? And how my hit counter is substantially higher, but my fight time is only a little bit slower despite there being a huge difference in the stats of our champions?

That’s deep wounds. Higher bleed uptime means more power gain, which means more sp2 spamming. Blade’s sp2 is I believe 10 hits, and I threw a *lot* of specials.

Oh, and for the record, his regen absolutely isn’t useless in content because it makes him recoil friendly. I decided to push up through Rhino using recoils for every fight to see what that would look like.

My Blade is only sig 20, so healing was not super efficient and I was still trying to do these fights with speed in mind. So I hovered around 30-40% health, enough to sustain chip damage in relevant content.

Final note is that the difference in attack between an r3 6* and an r2 7* is about a 66% increase. So if you’re curious how Blade would scale from my results to an r2 7*, use that plus the benefits from stat focus (I’d likely recommend crit chance to maximize bleeds on sp2), and generally higher base stats.

Blade is not what he used to be in the meta. To try to claim otherwise would be ridiculous on its face. But to say he has no damage or utility and that he’s a “worthless” champion is equally laughable. He’s very solid. Do I want him out of a Titan? No, not in particular. Would I want him from a basic? Yeah, absolutely. Which means he’s gotta go through the Titan, because that’s how it works for now.
    Finally someone who agrees with me
  • Options
    Gentry2099Gentry2099 Posts: 244 ★★
    edited April 24

GMAX77 said:

There are so many below-average champions in Titan now. Luke, Blade, Thing. Even Jabari was better than them. From Warlock to Penny, from Shang Chi to Blade? This is just terrible. Basic has 10x times better options.

Umm...so just for clarification are you saying that Luke, Blade, and Thing are bad because you consider them "bad" or because they need extremely high to max sig for them to be at their best?
    So max sig Blade is beyond god champion? He's still trash. Not even a single player uses him and no one ever will use him. It's just there for nothing
    ……
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

All this tells me is that you either aren’t using him properly or have a bad mastery setup for a bleed dependent champion.

This is a 6* r3 Blade. And I goofed at one point, took a couple hits, and got power drained. I run 5/5 deep wounds as part of my standard mastery loadout. Notice that your bleed damage percentage is only 10%, but mine is 29%? And how my hit counter is substantially higher, but my fight time is only a little bit slower despite there being a huge difference in the stats of our champions?

That’s deep wounds. Higher bleed uptime means more power gain, which means more sp2 spamming. Blade’s sp2 is I believe 10 hits, and I threw a *lot* of specials.

Oh, and for the record, his regen absolutely isn’t useless in content because it makes him recoil friendly. I decided to push up through Rhino using recoils for every fight to see what that would look like.

My Blade is only sig 20, so healing was not super efficient and I was still trying to do these fights with speed in mind. So I hovered around 30-40% health, enough to sustain chip damage in relevant content.

Final note is that the difference in attack between an r3 6* and an r2 7* is about a 66% increase. So if you’re curious how Blade would scale from my results to an r2 7*, use that plus the benefits from stat focus (I’d likely recommend crit chance to maximize bleeds on sp2), and generally higher base stats.

Blade is not what he used to be in the meta. To try to claim otherwise would be ridiculous on its face. But to say he has no damage or utility and that he’s a “worthless” champion is equally laughable. He’s very solid. Do I want him out of a Titan? No, not in particular. Would I want him from a basic? Yeah, absolutely. Which means he’s gotta go through the Titan, because that’s how it works for now.
    2:30 seconds with 5/5 deep wounds is still mid af. It's even worse than I thought. Oh man, again this "he's a very solid" guy😫 Solid for what? Groot also kills Winter Solider and he's more recoil friendly than Blade. My deep wounds mastery is level 1 and I'm not planning to rank it up because it's too expensive and I don't care about Blades bleed damage. Do you want to see bleed damage champion? Play with Venom without deep wounds. The match will finish in under 1 minute.
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 ★★

Thing is mid? Go face my 7* r2 duped in bg so :)
  • Options

GMAX77 said:

……
    Yeap, he's trash with or without sig ability. I would love to see these people's faces when they got him from Titan lol. I would love to see what rank is their Blade. People think he's beyond god. This is the most absurd thing I've ever read in a forum.