Potions re-work

NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 223 ★★★
Was there ever a timeline given for the potion buff? I know it was discussed in a live stream last year I believe. With all the new 7* R2-R3 some of these potions you literally can’t see the health bar move. It would be nice if they were just percentage potions and revives. Get rid of the fixed amount.

Also anyone remember a date?

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,112 ★★★★★
    Day-173 of asking Kabam to make L-1 revives purchasable with units.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

Was there ever a timeline given for the potion buff? I know it was discussed in a live stream last year I believe. With all the new 7* R2-R3 some of these potions you literally can’t see the health bar move. It would be nice if they were just percentage potions and revives. Get rid of the fixed amount.

Also anyone remember a date?

I can think of three things to do with potions off the top of my head. Are they all perfectly formulated thoughts? No, feasibility would need to be explored and tweaked but there's possibility.

1.) Your progression title gives you a constant boost that increases the amount of healing received through consumables. Now every single potion we have is worth something. It likely wouldn't be a massive boost because unless it works as a reverse scale and each level has different "boosts" it would be very tricky and involve too many layers to make it so if the boost increases lower potions to the point of them being meaningful then higher lvl potions would become way too strong.

A very quick and effective way to do it, but could involve multiple layers and be pretty convoluted on the back-end.

~*~

2.) Certain level potions just don't spawn if you're past a certain progression level, they get replaced with higher valued items.

This would mean if you're Paragon, you're getting higher level potions and revives for doing the same content as a Thronebreaker. Your floor is higher, but similarly the floor for Valiant is higher than it is yours. In order to prevent abuse (Valiant players going to previous acts and just cycling through them for easy higher level consumables) you also tie it to content. Someone couldn't be Cavalier prior to completing Act 6 chapter 1, so that's where Cavalier's would first find their boosted spawns. Thronebreaker would be 6.4, etc...

End goal though: lvl 1 revives shouldn't spawn for people past a certain progression level. Including from chests. This brings back farming, but makes it content specific.

~*~

3.) Create a permanent alchemist shop, available to all players. Allow all players to convert potions at a reasonable exchange rate to better ones, this would ultimately free up storage too. Instead of 50 lvl 1 potions in someone's stash there's now 25 lvl 2 potions.

What about exchanges where it's not a neat ratio? Well, then we take a loss. A lvl 3 potion costs two lvl 2 and a lvl 1, etc.

Black Iso Market is still the only place players could get Sigil health potions, but if you have the Summoner's Sigil you also get additional benefits from this Alchemist shop: more options, a shorter cooldown, increased limits, etc...

~*~

4.) Some combination of the above.

A shop for all players, boosts that come with your progression title which increase potency of certain potions (maybe to prevent the math from making larger consumables too OP it's limited to lower levels. It still scales but in a reversed order.), spawn floors increased as progression titles are obtained (becomes impossible for any potions below lvl 2 to spawn for a Thronebreaker, anything below lvl 3 for Paragon, etc..)

--------

The reduced cost to purchase potions was great, but it was a band aid. There needs to be something that actually makes lower level consumables meaningful to higher tiered players and if not, then please stop giving them to us. I'm not trying to be malicious or hostile, just merely stating a fact.

If you can acknowledge that a lvl 1 potion does absolutely nothing for a player past a certain level, then you're also acknowledging that by having these items spawn in content those players are completing, you're intentionally giving them worthless items.

I'm not OP but I'm going to ask: If you plan on responding please don't do so with "Just make all potions percentage based". If we actually want further change, we should be constructive with this instead of further hammering a point Kabam is reluctant to ever do because it would be harmful for the game. If you don't understand how or why it would be harmful for the game, you likely won't be convinced here and that conversation in itself, while adjacently related to this conversation, only distracts from the productive discussion of "Okay but what can we actually do."
  • GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 385 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Day-173 of asking Kabam to make L-1 revives purchasable with units.

it will cost more units than the L-2 revive if you keep asking