Options

Quick Gladiator's Circuit PSA: Spidey Supreme is amazing there!

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
I really don't know how to fight Onslaught so when he showed up on defense, I panicked slightly and chose Spider-Man Supreme since I figured he was my best option. Turns out, he was an amazing option. I still don't know how to dex Onslaught's specials yet so I ended up taking a bit of damage, but Spidey nuked him down in the end anyway.

Why?

It's because Spidey places a lot of buffs on the defender and deals damage when those buffs are nullified. You can use that to your advantage since there's a node that fate seals the champion with the least amount of power every 15 seconds. Just bait out a special attack before then and it'll nullify all of the spider seal buffs you've placed on the defender in one fell swoop, resulting in a massive burst of damage.

I didn't even have time to fire off a single special attack before the fight was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs1bWssOwoU

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Yea I found this out the hard way yesterday when my r2 Red Skull got nuked by a 6r4 Sym Spidey in 22 seconds. Did some investigating with my LINE chat guys and found out the culprit.

Needless to say, if I see that dude in their deck, he’s going to the shadow realm.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Haha, yeah, I can imagine. I found myself in a similar situation. I had just mindlessly added Vox to my deck since he's one of my r3 champs, and realized too late that he's horrible for this meta since he takes a lot of damage whenever one of his buffs are nullified. I got fate sealed with about 30 buffs on me and got instakilled.

Such is life (and death) in the Battlerealm, I guess.