Options

Road to the Red Carp Solo Event

I logged in every day and completed every solo objective although I didn’t claim my rewards for Wednesday before the next solo objectives went out. I’m finding out now that because I didn’t claim then and left them in my stash I complete missed out on the next day solo objectives which in turn makes it impossible for me to reach the last milestone of the event. I understand this is how BG solo objectives have worked but I’ve never know Special Events to work this way. Now it looks like I’ll miss out on 5k 7* shards and 150k poolies because I thought I could leave the rewards in my stash. How is this fair? Was this stated in the event description? I can no longer see the email received in regards to the event

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,947 ★★★★★
    You want to check the mail after you messed up to find a technicality? That's wrong.
  • Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 304 ★★
    Yea same happened to me, pretty **** really. Why would they design it this way if not to screw people over? They're always making things completely unnecessarily complicated and it's losing them a lot of money and players. Wonder if it's worth it for them? My guess is no, yet they continue with this ridiculousness..
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,648 ★★★★★
    Yeah, rough luck mate. Still, there are some decent rewards you can get for less.

I also wish they wouldn't have made one reward for the exact max number of poolies you could get, and just had like a 500k great reward and allowed for some other fun smaller purchases. Ah whale.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,305 ★★★★★
    Kabam already commented on this, unfortunately there won't be any extra given. Your only option at this point is to spend to get more poolies.
  • Options
    SkreddySkreddy Posts: 40
    Chovner said:

Funny enough, I had planned on spending money to get some of the unit deals and associated Poolies, but after missing out on the freeby ones the way I did, it completely turned me off from wanting to buy any deals lol. I did buy the $12 deal to make up for the milestone poolies I missed to still get 900K in the end, THEN realized missing that 1 objective meant I would ACTULLY lose out on 150k Poolies and 5k 7* shards... That's when my wallet slowly closed and recessed into the depths of my back pocket...

You did spend money, so from their perspective this intentionally misleading design worked. In interface design this is called a “dark pattern.”
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,633 ★★★★★
    Oh well, be careful next time. 😃
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 913 ★★★
    I would have been filthy about it too to miss out on the best ever ftp award. Please remember to claim all the objectives going forward. I was very nervous everyday as I know one wrong move and it’s bye bye to amazing awards. I hope the team can put these rewards one milestone early to make it less stress for all the summoners out there. I remembered we used to have events where the last milestone rewards was a profile pic and a title.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,707 ★★★★
    It says "Daily", you didn't claim them daily, you're beat.
    It really isn't rocket science, here.
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 213 ★★★

It really isn't rocket science, here.

That is kinda debatable. With some of the posts that I've seen around the topic, it's almost like this event should've come with a frickin' instruction manual.

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,947 ★★★★★
    Stertsl said:

Bruh why is @BringPopcorn the bad guy here. If you complete a daily objective and don't claim it next day you won't get a new one. Same with this.

People like to take 24hrs to pick the right ISO, I am the one at fault here🤣
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,245 ★★★★★

Stertsl said:

Bruh why is @BringPopcorn the bad guy here. If you complete a daily objective and don't claim it next day you won't get a new one. Same with this.

People like to take 24hrs to pick the right ISO, I am the one at fault here🤣
    It's not even that serious it's like 10 iso bricks. Not like it's breaking the bank if you choose science and end up needing skill later