**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Promo codes

2»

Comments

• Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 399 ★★★
    edited May 4
    I can see so many crying babies for free stuff. I don't get what is the expectation here. Should kabam post the announcement for promo code for those 3 crystal and give them everybody and why? Promo code was shared in live stream I guess. Who was watching it they got it is simple is that. My team member shared it on line grp so I got that 3 crystals. Even I watched the stream for important points like incursion, SOS and than I left.

Even why kabam giving the explanation about this. This is just cheap things highlighted by some members of community which make no sense. who knew about the promo code they got it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy😁😁
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 125
    bdawg923 said:

It's clearly an issue since there's an uproar about it. I got my 3 crystals because someone shared the code with me. Im not watching a boring 1 hour stream in the middle of work. If they're not making or breaking anyone's account, then kabam could give out MORE THAN 1 PER WEEK for free. Clearly these are some of the best free crystals.

The combo of moaning about free stuff coming from watching a live stream + moaning about not watching a "boring" live stream is just the best combo, which could come from a mcoc player.
  • Options
    Gh0st_R1d3rGh0st_R1d3r Posts: 5
    I totally get it. What Jax is actually saying is more like Costco asked me to go to their store at 3am to get free samples and don’t understand why people are mad that they were asked to go there at 3am!
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 178 ★★
    I can understand people’s frustration but that’s kind of the point of limited time offers in businesses all over the world.

Free samples and promos often have limited time offers. and get this, even items you buy can be limited and then sell out, and guess what, the manufacturer still doesn’t make more! You often have to go on the secondary market like eBay, if that, and some items I have been waiting for years for, or may never get.

This isn’t exclusive to Kabam or Costco or any 1 company.

I didn’t miss out on this promo code, but if I did, as sometimes I can’t make the livestream, I would have been disappointed but that’s it.

On the flip side, I was not on the discord but got the code anyway. Things sometimes have a way of evening out. (I have since joined the Discord, even though I still cant figure out how to use it)

What Kabam could do is make each code unique to each account, and/or they could verify a username was actually in a live stream before giving out a freebie so I choose to count my blessings!

And for all of us who go to NYCC and now Vancouver, we get lots of free in game items, and that’s exactly how it was done at one point - with codes that are unique and can only be redeemed once (which could be given away, used on another account, or gasp SOLD but now as of the last meetup, you get the items essentially immediately, removing any possibility of those things, and I think that’s completely fair.

On the flip side, I remember once there was a Seattle meetup and Brian Grant had some freebies to give away. I didn’t go and I didn’t get any! Sad for sure, but like many raffles and giveaways “you have to be present to win.”
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    This seems like a good way for Kabam to never give out free codes again.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 924 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

But if you live in Australia, as I do, the twitch event is broadcast at 2am my time.

So the message here is ‘if you live in a different time zone tough luck’

How Kabam thinks this is a winning marketing strategy is beyond me.

Bingo....or china....India??? Japan?? 24 hour window or don't give out free rewards code named everybody wins....might as well named it MiddleAmericaWins lol
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 764 ★★★★

I can understand people’s frustration but that’s kind of the point of limited time offers in businesses all over the world.

Free samples and promos often have limited time offers. and get this, even items you buy can be limited and then sell out, and guess what, the manufacturer still doesn’t make more!

Please explain to me how a digital item can sell out. Explain it to me like I'm 5.

• Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 764 ★★★★
    edited May 6

Too much drama over a small reward. The only thing that the people complaining will achieve is to stop this promo codes from happening again.

There's drama because it isn't a small reward. It's the best free crystal we get during a non-event (like gifting). That's why they give out 1 per week. They know how OP it is. Otherwise it'd be more readily available like daily for example. It isn't.

Also you know it isn't a small reward because they're literally using it to bribe people to watch their stream! Imagine they said hey here's a free code for 3 PHC if you watch our stream. Nobody would care. They are giving out one of the best free crystals to actually get people to watch their streams. I can't believe you think it's a small reward.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    bdawg923 said:

Too much drama over a small reward. The only thing that the people complaining will achieve is to stop this promo codes from happening again.

There's drama because it isn't a small reward. It's the best free crystal we get during a non-event (like gifting). That's why they give out 1 per week. They know how OP it is. Otherwise it'd be more readily available like daily for example. It isn't.
    Even as a paragon, nothing in this crystal is truly insane. It's a nice thing as a weekly treat but the insane amount of complaining over missing out on three of these is just too much.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Is there still going to be a "do-over" for those that missed it? I read somewhere that there were plans to have it open again on Monday/Tuesday