Options

War issues. Walk me through it?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 777 ★★★
We all seem to agree that these past few seasons have been tough and not that fun but I'm getting really confused by alliance expectations and it's causing contention in the alliance. So I run path 1. My path this war was nimrod/sersi/thing(always)/and a 7* onslaught. So. I had to rank up havoc for onslaught (still died twice), took toad for thing (got caught by an unstoppable when slow expired a split second before so one death), and sersi would NOT cooperate. She just wouldn't throw specials and so I got chipped to death twice. Then there is the pressure to contribute to mini boss islands so I solod one and took deaths on another but took it down. And one of my leaders got really really upset with me and started saying I'm hurting the alliance and that it was unacceptable. My confusion is this. I was told to use health pots but i was under the impression we were supposed to avoid item use(and bwcv heals up during the fight anyway). Also, we were just told as an alliance that we needed to speed up our clearing of the map and we were expected to push through fights and also declare mini bosses more often (which I struggle with because I don't know where my champs will be health wise after clearing my assigned paths). So we aren't supposed to die. I get that. But these fights just aren't that simple anymore. Deaths are inevitable even at cc levels of skill. So what's the priority? Slow and steady? Or clear the paths quickly? What's the best strategy to war now? Should I be healing after every fight? Dropping all my loyalty and units on boosts? What's your go to strategy and what's the priority for war nowadays?

Comments

• Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 563 ★★★
    What level war are you in?
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 284 ★★★
    You should be asking all of these questions to your alliance and/or alliance leadership. Each alliance is going to have a different answer for these questions, find out what the expectations are for yours. If they don't align with your effort/ability, move to a different one where it does.
  • Options
    JollyHawk said:

Tier 3 Platinum 3. I love the competition because I don't like casual war. But I feel like a scrub. Looking to change that.
  • Options

You should be asking all of these questions to your alliance and/or alliance leadership. Each alliance is going to have a different answer for these questions, find out what the expectations are for yours. If they don't align with your effort/ability, move to a different one where it does.

Ya. I did bring it up and thats a good point to make. And a lot of what I said I did bring up. I suppose the most important part is the last part. What's the accepted strategy? What could I be doing better? I'm not a unit man player. But I'm not top 50 in the game skill wise either. Sometimes I clear my paths with zero deaths and other times I struggle. What's the most common strategy used by top tier players?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,306 ★★★★★
    edited May 6
    Pandingo said:

JollyHawk said:

Tier 3 Platinum 3. I love the competition because I don't like casual war. But I feel like a scrub. Looking to change that.
    Yea I wouldn’t say much if you’re like
    Competition. Then yes you need to healing op and no relay one BWCW sp2 to healing you op so it either use loyalty or maybe find a casual who doesn’t mind if you die and play 3 ain’t to casual where u can just pop a 40 review that my opinion if I was in a play 3 I be healing to 80 to 90 ever times and boost
    Also I don’t judge I died 6 times to a boss today because I rushed it if I didn’t I had ben find
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Pandingo said:

JollyHawk said:

Yea I wouldn’t say much if you’re like
    Competition. Then yes you need to healing op and no relay one BWCW sp2 to healing you op so it either use loyalty or maybe find a casual who doesn’t mind if you die and play 3 ain’t to casual where u can just pop a 40 review that my opinion if I was in a play 3 I be healing to 80 to 90 ever times and boost
    Also I don’t judge I died 6 times to a boss today because I rushed it if I didn’t I had ben find
    I think the biggest lesson is that right there. I don't mind using potions or spending currency I just wasn't. I have the roster for the most part. The xmagica restrictions have made it pretty difficult though.
  • Options
    And I rarely pop more than one team revive. Today was one of my worst. Onslaught just threw everything.
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

And I rarely pop more than one team revive. Today was one of my worst. Onslaught just threw everything.

I had i bad war today to but I in tier 5 so not as hard i just pop those 40 revies and end it there.

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,569 ★★★★
    Sounds like you have a bad alliance with poor officers...
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Pandingo said:

I had i bad war today to but I in tier 5 so not as hard i just pop those 40 revies and end it there.

I'd be so mad at myself for popping more than 3. 🤣🤣🤣 but I've seen it
  • Options

Sounds like you have a bad alliance with poor officers...

I like them well enough. I don't talk to the head honcho a lot but the one that runs my bg is cool enough. It just feels like I'm getting two different sets of expectations.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,267 ★★★★★
    There is no reason to rush with the 2 days attack now. We often have half of the alliance joining after 24h. Same tier as you.
    Everyone plan his path and submit it to the officers which in turn validate or not and we discuss potential problems etc. Then we go fight.
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

Gamer said:

Pandingo said:

Trust me I was mad to but was in a rush when doing the fight so i should just had walking away and do it when I had more time.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Pandingo said:

Gamer said:

Pandingo said:

Trust me I was mad to but was in a rush when doing the fight so i should just had walking away and do it when I had more time.
    Fair fair. Ya. It's frustrating but we come back because the hurt just hurts so dang good 🤣🤣 plus. NOTHING feels as good in this game as taking your path and 3 minis with zero deaths
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

There is no reason to rush with the 2 days attack now. We often have half of the alliance joining after 24h. Same tier as you.
    Everyone plan his path and submit it to the officers which in turn validate or not and we discuss potential problems etc. Then we go fight.

See. This makes me feel better than everything else. I thought that was what we were doing too. And it was working pretty well. But a lot of wars went to the last hours and I suppose that makes people nervous? Idk. But I planned pretty well and even r4d an r1 specifically for this war(havok) that I was avoiding due to the 7* being an option and I still had a tough time. I haven't died this much in ages but I felt obligated to make it happen rather than wait it out to see if somebody else could jump in. Now. To r3 dust dupe for defense since onslaught just doesnt want me. 🤣🤣
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 208 ★★
    My loyalty is only to buy boosters, lol.