Options

Please help me be less disappointed I pulled this guy.

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,805 ★★★★

I freely admit I don’t know him super well - the few times I’ve tried figuring him out I’ve not had any breakthroughs.

What do you use him for? Where does he shine?

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,627 ★★★★★
    Lots of stuff going on in his kit, most of it very good, but…

Would you invest in QS over LS? Kind of a struggle for me right now, since I like them both but haven’t had either champ as a centerpiece of any of my teams, BG attackers, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the notes - I guess I should give him more of a try. I do agree I’m happier to have pulled him vs. OR, but he was pretty low on my list relative to the others in part due to how strong my Science roster is already.

To @DrZola I’d invest in LS over QS if it was me - in part due to how easy he is to use, but also because one of my main weak spots 7* roster wise is Mystic attackers. LS was my most wanted from this new pool.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the notes - I guess I should give him more of a try. I do agree I’m happier to have pulled him vs. OR, but he was pretty low on my list relative to the others in part due to how strong my Science roster is already.

To @DrZola I’d invest in LS over QS if it was me - in part due to how easy he is to use, but also because one of my main weak spots 7* roster wise is Mystic attackers. LS was my most wanted from this new pool.

That was my struggle, and I eventually did the opposite—choosing QS over LS. My rationale was simple: with Wong and Chavez at R3, Destroyer and Werewolf at R2 and Juggs, L40 Mojo and Guilly all arm wrestling for R2 materials, I just didn’t want my roster to be unbalanced.

Super tough call though.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

That was my struggle, and I eventually did the opposite—choosing QS over LS. My rationale was simple: with Wong and Chavez at R3, Destroyer and Werewolf at R2 and Juggs, L40 Mojo and Guilly all arm wrestling for R2 materials, I just didn’t want my roster to be unbalanced.

Super tough call though.

Dr. Zola
    Yes, we seem to be in the reverse situation - my Science roster is so stacked LS has more value for me. Given how great your mystic roster is already I’d probably do what you did in your situation.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 739 ★★★★
    I have using had the chance to use these champs before, could anyone let me know.

They awaken abilities have a big impact to their strengths?
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 154

He has massive utility and massive damage, I'd consider that a great pull tbh. The reason QS was so bad before was because it was nearly impossible to bait a damn special with him but after the changes to AI, I think he's actually worth running in BGs even. He is a science utility machine, he has massive damage and he's still a very strong defender without a good skill counter just not the quickest on attack unfortunately (oh the irony) because his rotation is always sp1 sp2 (regardless of whether you want to use terminal velocity or not) and his combos are pretty long.
    I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had pulled him though, trust me Omega Red way worse than this guy lol also I have a r4 ascended so a little bit biased but he really is underrated imo.

While trying to help OP, you hurt my feelings. I have a 7* unduped Omega red 🙃
    That doesn't mean omega red is a bad champ, he is still a great champ
  • Options

DrZola said:

Super tough call though.

Dr. Zola
    Yes, we seem to be in the reverse situation - my Science roster is so stacked LS has more value for me. Given how great your mystic roster is already I’d probably do what you did in your situation.
    Situational as always…of course, building Mystic T6 has been a pain and every other class seems to be perpetually full. It’s not a bad problem to have too many top mystics, but…😉

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 681 ★★★
    Least you haven't pulled him 4 times... (like I did)😢
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★

He has massive utility and massive damage, I'd consider that a great pull tbh. The reason QS was so bad before was because it was nearly impossible to bait a damn special with him but after the changes to AI, I think he's actually worth running in BGs even. He is a science utility machine, he has massive damage and he's still a very strong defender without a good skill counter just not the quickest on attack unfortunately (oh the irony) because his rotation is always sp1 sp2 (regardless of whether you want to use terminal velocity or not) and his combos are pretty long.
    I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had pulled him though, trust me Omega Red way worse than this guy lol also I have a r4 ascended so a little bit biased but he really is underrated imo.

😭
  • Options

Actually, if you are going to pull him and use him, the awakening sigs are a good thing from what I’ve been seeing.
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 193
    Fryday said:

I have using had the chance to use these champs before, could anyone let me know.

They awaken abilities have a big impact to their strengths?

for both LongShot and QuickSilver, sig ability is nice (great even), but what makes them shine is in their base kit.
  • Options
    edricedric Posts: 62
    edited May 11

MSD also has him at r3. Loads of utility and damage
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 681 ★★★

Actually, if you are going to pull him and use him, the awakening sigs are a good thing from what I’ve been seeing.

I know he benefits from the sig, but I just don't jive with his playstyle. Been trying a bit more & still don't really like the way his combo works. Can't deny the utility & damage though
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Honestly he's so useful for so much, but a standout for me is how easy it is to apply slow on the opponent, and whilst it is applied he counters miss as well! Just insane. Of course with really good damage and his power control on top of that. Also being able to evade specials by dashing into them. The safety net for intercept and evading while stunned too!
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 506 ★★
    I pulled Moleman, QS, and LS (twice). I'm really happy with the three I pulled. I've played them all but LS in the months EQ and they've been a lot of fun. My mystic roster is stacked so I'll probably take up QS. I've been having a lot of fun with him. I used to like hum but stopped playing with him. This gives me a reason to use him again.
  • Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 111 ★★

Don’t worry, OR is amazing. You can’t dupe a champ unless you already have him. Just one piece of the puzzle that has a much higher ceiling.
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 122
    I also pulled a7* QS. Also sad about it. I just have never liked the guy's play style. It takes awhile to get his timing down to, every time I use him.

He is good though. And can be an annoying defender.
  • Options
    edric said:

MSD also has him at r3. Loads of utility and damage

MSD could amputate 9 of his fingers and he’d still be a better player than me.

That said - thanks everyone - I do feel better about the pull now. Just need to apply some time to properly figure him out.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    Not sure if you watched MSD's video yet but uh:

Yeah, the numbers are there, no doubt about it lol hope this helps a bit more.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 847 ★★★
    Could be me??? My last four 7 star pulls....mysterio, mysterio, mysterio and mysterio.....one more and I'm putting in a ticket for having a broken 7 star pull rng.....I think I have maybe 28 total 7 stars? And to pull him 4x IN A ROW is wild