Kabam!? Why this Arena must continue as it is?

PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,128 ★★★★★

It's honestly baffling at this point, just I don't see how or what is going on but this is just not right man, give us a single good reason that this Arena serves any purpose, one, that's right one.
You can't just say, "hehe Sunday Arena means breaktime" because many players only have a sunday as off day for relaxing and doing some Arena here and there.

But even if no one is doing Sunday Arena but there still should be efforts to bring this mode to today's standards? Perhaps 1000 7* shards at last milestones only? Not a big reward honestly and can go a long way with units attached in every milestone.

Because at it's current stage, it's just bad.

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    edited May 19
    not every single area of the game gets updated and it’s probably by design. they buffed incursions rewards this month and it signals that they want players doing that instead of say the old arenas.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,075 ★★★★
    I never did this arena at all lol 😆
    PT_99 said:

not every single area of the game gets updated and it’s probably by design. they buffed incursions rewards this month and it signals that they want players doing that instead of say the old arenas.

I love reply like this, does not make sense but I still love them equally.
    there are new modes in the game (incursions, BGs, raids) that they want participation in so all the reward buffs go to them (battlegrounds store, glory store, incursions store).

the old sunday arenas are like a rundown restaurant and the new stuff is a high end luxury mall with everything in it.
    edited May 20
    Emilia90 said:

This post gets made every week, and every week Kabam ignores it. Tired of them leaving stuff like this alone

players get shards and cataylsts from the BGs and glory stores now. the sunday and catalysts arenas are out of date for those things and not worth updating.
    "kabam, why won't u buff summoner advancement???!"

same reason as above.

a. they're not going to turn SA like it was in the past because it was a lot of stress on teams.
    b. they can just buff alliance centered stores like BGs and glory instead.
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    The only reason to grind arena is units. Anything else doesn't really matter. No reason to change it, just avoid it as much as you can
    PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

This post gets made every week, and every week Kabam ignores it. Tired of them leaving stuff like this alone

out of date and not worth updating.

The whole point of upgrading thing in life is because they got outdated.
    Idk what you are talking about
    but they DID "update" things. they made battlegrounds and raids and the glory store and the battlegrounds store.

how much will it benefit kabam if they buffed the sunday and the catalyst arenas? not much. first, they will have to remove some rewards from other areas of the game, which means everyone will complain, but other than that grinders will do it and that's it, but the other modes involve more alliance commitment and that's what gets players more invested in the game.

why entice players with better rewards from an area no one really does?
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

Plus do explain your theory of "Kabam have to nerf other areas if they decide to bring this gamemode which is left untouched from multiple years to today's standards."
    Go on.
    there's a finite amount of resources that they spread around in the game. adding more to one place takes away from somewhere else.

arena's are not untouched, but sunday arenas and the catalyst ones probably are, because players get those rewards and much more from other areas of the game and by doing far less work.

they are clearly trying to market modes like battelgrounds and AQ/raid based content as much as they can, which is why the those stores generally have the latest materials.

are they going to make a t4a arena? no, it's still new and you get that from alliance war season rewards, battlegrounds season rewards, and the EOP seasons...

t6cc? nope. already tons of it from bgs, AQ, raids, and AW.

t6b/t3a? same stores as above, plus if you're valiant you're swimming in it from the daily crystals.

lol, t5b/t2a arena? dime a dozen years ago...

what resource would you like in the sunday arenas? 7* shards? why? you get that from incursions...

see where this is going?

any resource that you want already has a place for it in a much newer and more popular area of the game. adding it to sundays won't accomplish much.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

Plus do explain your theory of "Kabam have to nerf other areas if they decide to bring this gamemode which is left untouched from multiple years to today's standards."
    Go on.
    there's a finite amount of resources that they spread around in the game. adding more to one place takes away from somewhere else.

arena's are not untouched, but sunday arenas and the catalyst ones probably are, because players get those rewards and much more from other areas of the game and by doing far less work.

they are clearly trying to market modes like battelgrounds and AQ/raid based content as much as they can, which is why the those stores generally have the latest materials.

are they going to make a t4a arena? no, it's still new and you get that from alliance war season rewards, battlegrounds season rewards, and the EOP seasons...

t6b/t3a? same stores as above, plus if you're valiant you're swimming in it from the daily crystals.

what resource would you like in the sunday arenas? 7* shards? why? you get that from incursions...

see where this is going?

any resource that you want already has a place for it in a much newer and more popular area of the game. adding it to sundays won't accomplish much.
    While you’re correct about kabam choosing to budget themselves so they most likely wont make another unit area. Someone mentioned the gold arena above which shouldn’t break the game.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    While I would like the Sunday arena to get a much needed buff, I don’t mind giving my thumbs some rest one day a week before the six days of grinding…
    Lokx said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

Go on.

see where this is going?

While you’re correct about kabam choosing to budget themselves so they most likely wont make another unit area. Someone mentioned the gold arena above which shouldn’t break the game.
    there already is a gold arena: arena....and incursions....

with incursions you can get 1m gold every 4 days and every month you get a bunch 7* shards, currency for a 7* crystal, t6b/t3a, awakening gems, and sig stones.

why try to reinvent the wheel?

"NO! I DON'T WANT THE BETTER REWARDS OVER THERE! I WANT A BUFF TO THE SUNDAY ARENAS!"

lol
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 153
    Is it really that bad/annoying for some areas of the game to be accessible to lower-level players? This was really helpful when I was coming up from Challenger. As Cav, not-so-much, but the gold comes in handy.
    Matty_Ice said:

Kabam has already said the game is moving in a direction where people have to pick and choose what they do as it’s becoming burdensome to do everything. So there are areas of the game I rarely play, and incursions is one of them for my own reasons that would be better shared in a different conversation. I like arena to shut my brain off and just hit some stuff. No nodes, no reading, no thinking. Just hit stuff and win fights.

Why is asking for an outdated area of the game to be updated for a group of the player base to get gold a bad ask?

it's not a bad ask, but it's easy to see why they wouldn't (they're marketing new game modes) and why we shouldn't ask for it.

if they make a gold arena on sundays, they will remove that resource from another mode, and make players do twice the work for the same amount of resources.

why do incursions and sunday gold arenas if you can just do incursions? asking for a sunday arena would make the game more burdensome for a lot of players, not less.

• Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    Most people have something better to do on a Sunday so those arenas are mostly ignored
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

Matty_Ice said:

Kabam has already said the game is moving in a direction where people have to pick and choose what they do as it’s becoming burdensome to do everything. So there are areas of the game I rarely play, and incursions is one of them for my own reasons that would be better shared in a different conversation. I like arena to shut my brain off and just hit some stuff. No nodes, no reading, no thinking. Just hit stuff and win fights.

Why is asking for an outdated area of the game to be updated for a group of the player base to get gold a bad ask?

it's not a bad ask, but it's easy to see why they wouldn't (they're marketing new game modes) and why we shouldn't ask for it.

if they make a gold arena on sundays, they will remove that resource from another mode, and make players do twice the work for the same amount of resources.

why do incursions and sunday gold arenas if you can just do incursions? asking for a sunday arena would make the game more burdensome for a lot of players, not less.

Incursions are time consuming and honestly not fun (for me). So a Sunday arena would be a simple once a week thing to help give players an option to choose. And if those players want to do incursions and Sunday arena, then they invest more time and ultimately remove an area of the game they are able to accomplish in pursuit of more gold. So a sacrifice is still made.

The goal would be that a player doesn’t HAVE to do both, but they could if they wanted, or could do 1 or the other.
  • Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Member Posts: 124 ★★

Matty_Ice said:

I hate arena but I hate incursions more. Please stop defaulting to the incursions excuse for this argument because they are just as if not more boring and frustrating. Plus, incursions isn’t drawing in loads more people than arena, in fact it’s probably the opposite.
    Why can’t they buff the Sunday arenas slightly? We’re not talking about a game breaking change but one that makes them worth looking at. The current rewards aren’t worth it for cav and up.

Matty_Ice said:

I hate arena but I hate incursions more. Please stop defaulting to the incursions excuse for this argument because they are just as if not more boring and frustrating. Plus, incursions isn’t drawing in loads more people than arena, in fact it’s probably the opposite.
    Why can’t they buff the Sunday arenas slightly? We’re not talking about a game breaking change but one that makes them worth looking at. The current rewards aren’t worth it for cav and up.
    pretend you're kabam and you're investing a lot resources into a game mode like incursions, where it needs regular updates to nodes, defenders, rewards and tying it into sagas and saga related rewards as well as balancing and upkeep and all that.

you're offering great rewards for the time compared to a hypothetical sunday gold arena, and you want as many players doing it as possible.

what do you do? backtrack on it?
  • Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Member Posts: 124 ★★

Matty_Ice said:

pretend you're kabam and you're investing a lot resources into a game mode like incursions, where it needs regular updates to nodes, defenders, rewards and tying it into sagas and saga related rewards as well as balancing and upkeep and all that.

you're offering great rewards for the time compared to a hypothetical sunday gold arena, and you want as many players doing it as possible.

Wouldn’t it be easier for Kabam to just update the arena with incursions rewards then? If it’s taking that much updating and time why not do a buff every few months to something that doesn’t need the nodes and defender updates.

I don’t understand your argument. Just because incursions takes time to update doesn’t mean they can’t get out a small update to a horrible arena day.

Matty_Ice said:

Wouldn’t it be easier for Kabam to just update the arena with incursions rewards then? If it’s taking that much updating and time why not do a buff every few months to something that doesn’t need the nodes and defender updates.

I don’t understand your argument. Just because incursions takes time to update doesn’t mean they can’t get out a small update to a horrible arena day.
    it wouldn't be easier to update arena with incursions rewards because that would fundamentally change the game. arena is mindless activity that requires minimal skill so never in a million years would they add t6b/t3a, awakening gems, and sig stones to it.

you guys are being unreasonable at this point.

if any arenas get updated, it's going to be the 6* featured and basic arenas and they'll probably add 7* shards to rank rewards, but incursions, battlegrounds, and AQ/raids will stay the same and be the big shop for the rewards.

it sounds like you guys want the good stuff just for running a few rounds of the sunday arena. i'm sorry but it's not happening.

if you want gold:

-arena
    -incursions
    -sidequest that gives you mysterium that you can trade for gold in the trader's outpost
    -AQ that gives glory that you can buy gold crystals with

they haven't buffed the sunday and catalyst arenas because they've been replaced by stores that they regularly update, and the community reminds them about it constantly:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367936/glory-store-needs-buff
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,128 ★★★★★
    This silk guy might be the worst defender I've met, no logic, only.

"Want gold? Go here instead,
    Want shards? Go here instead,
    Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★
    Kabam's probably not going to change this anytime soon, since it's an issue that gets brought up regularly, yet they do nothing about it. I just get the Units from the 250k milestone in crystal trove and move on
    PT_99 said:

This silk guy might be the worst defender I've met, no logic, only.

"Want gold? Go here instead,
    Want shards? Go here instead,
    Want resources? Go here instead, stop asking for ancient ignored game mode to be upgraded to today's standards !!!!"

For the last time, NO ONE is asking for T3alpha and T6b in Arena, stop making things out of random to argue for no reason.
    Just a overhaul of Sunday Arena into units gold will be cool, might as well throw 2-3 revives there.

Big yikes.

things HAVE been upgraded to today's standards. it's called the battlegrounds store, incursions, the glory store, and trader's outpost.

"why can't ford make the model T anymore??!! this is outrageous!"