Inequity Punishes Sinister Too Hard?

124»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★
    Yes

There isn't many ways to fix the issue sadly, you either tweak inequity to be unique debuffs or non personal debuffs which would ruin a lot of defenders. Or have another champ that shuts down masteries which we also don't want too many of. But it does cripple him sometimes.

They can just reduce the potency of Inequity by a certain percentage the same way Patriot does, I don't see why that would be an issue. This way he's not shutting it down completely and he just gets a little bit of his damage back without changing anything else which is all he needs, Inequity absolutely ruins him at the moment.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    Yes

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

So will we have a champion that turns off inequity soon?

Champions who do large parts of their damage as base attack already essentially do. Cassie Lang, Galan, Omega Red etc.

Unless you mean you want a champ that benefits from debuffs on themselves but don't get affected by inequity, in which case 1) seems unlikely, but we do have champs with very little downside to recoil so maybe it happens, but 2) if it did happen, you'd have to have them balanced around that - and sinister absolutely is not balanced around that.
    Well we did lol
    BitterSteel right now:
    @BitterSteel thoughts
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 244 ★★
    No
    No
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    edited July 7

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Champions who do large parts of their damage as base attack already essentially do. Cassie Lang, Galan, Omega Red etc.

Unless you mean you want a champ that benefits from debuffs on themselves but don't get affected by inequity, in which case 1) seems unlikely, but we do have champs with very little downside to recoil so maybe it happens, but 2) if it did happen, you'd have to have them balanced around that - and sinister absolutely is not balanced around that.
    Well we did lol
    BitterSteel right now:
    He said unlikely. Not impossible . And patriot dies get affected. Just to a lesser degree
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    edited July 7
    Yes
    Jack2634 said:

Does inequity punish sinister too hard ? Yes. Absolutely. It makes every fights of his last 10-20 secs longer, which is a really noticable different in BGs mode.

Does sinister needs any changes about it ? A big no imo. Without inequity he will be way too good in BGs, so considering the damage reduction from inequity as a tradeoff for ending up with 100% hp most of the time - arguably the safest champion to play in BG. He might not be able to compete with other bursty attacker, that is fair considering his degen can bypass 95% of the matches, infinite heal from willpower and also being a solid defender.

What do you think of other champions who also benefit from debuffs on them (Kingpin, Attuma, Ibom), are they affected as much by inequity?

Also 30 seconds compared to 60 seconds is a big difference
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well we did lol
    BitterSteel right now:
    @BitterSteel thoughts
    lol I mean my words are there black and white. “Maybe it happens”
    “If it did happen, you'd have to have them balanced around that“ - and Patriot *is* balanced around it.

I thought it was unlikely, but I think it’s really cool we do have one. It’s a neat interaction and I’m excited for patriot.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    No
    “I wish Sinister was better in BGs” is essentially the ask here, which isn’t something that needs to be done. Not every champion has to be fantastic in BGs all the time. Some are great all the time, some are great depending on the nodes, and yes some are great depending on the opponent’s masteries choices.

This is the same as complaining about Recoil/Suicide masteries. Yes some champions seem to be ‘penalized’ for it, but it is a mastery choice that players choose to have or not.

I could complain about other player’s Double Edge mastery penalizing all my non-mutant champions when facing off against Elsa or non-Robots when facing off against Omega Red. But ultimately that is just what their kits are, how the masteries work, and how other players set their masteries. I just have to choose my champions accordingly; there does not need to be a buff to my non-mutant/non-Robot champions or a nerf to Elsa/Omega Red just because of some masteries.
    Yes
    altavista said:

“I wish Sinister was better in BGs” is essentially the ask here, which isn’t something that needs to be done. Not every champion has to be fantastic in BGs all the time. Some are great all the time, some are great depending on the nodes, and yes some are great depending on the opponent’s masteries choices.

This is the same as complaining about Recoil/Suicide masteries. Yes some champions seem to be ‘penalized’ for it, but it is a mastery choice that players choose to have or not.

I could complain about other player’s Double Edge mastery penalizing all my non-mutant champions when facing off against Elsa or non-Robots when facing off against Omega Red. But ultimately that is just what their kits are, how the masteries work, and how other players set their masteries. I just have to choose my champions accordingly; there does not need to be a buff to my non-mutant/non-Robot champions or a nerf to Elsa/Omega Red just because of some masteries.

I'm not complaining or demanding anything. I just made a poll to see what everyone else thought about Inequity punishing Sinister, chill out lol.

Also I don't know why you're saying "not every champ has to be fantastic in BGs" as if we'd been getting good BGs attackers lately. That's literally been the case for six months already, every champ released this year has been borderline useless in BGs due to speed except for maybe Prowler.
    Yes

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well we did lol
    BitterSteel right now:
    He said unlikely. Not impossible . And patriot dies get affected. Just to a lesser degree
    Why are you replying to me? I just posted a meme in response to someone else's response and it wasn't BitterSteel lmao