The best BG system suggestion for Kabam

DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★
Hi Kabam,

Please review this suggestion for Battleground to have everyone can enjoy this game mode. To be honest, this game mode should be very fun and excited for summoners to play, not creating the frustration like the current situation.

First, the BG victory track should be divide by the Title for matching to have more equal fight. So far this is the best way to put players in the same class because the deck strength doesn’t work when many people abuse the sandbagging by put 1,2 star on the deck. Beside, to make sure people with highest Title like Valiant have their advantage , the VC reward also need to be different base on the Title as well, with the Valiant have the best valuable reward on Victory track. This can prevent many case like a Paragon match with Valiant.

Secondly, the nodes rotation currently is good but should focus on skills more than to target any specific champs.

Finally, the rewards in both VC and GC should be updated more frequently.

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★
    This’ll just mean a new pargon with just 3 r4 can get matched with a pargon who might not care of valaint and then just have full roster of r5 and r2 so your suggestions isn’t god in anyway there’s would always be something bad.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,833 ★★★★★
    Very top tier and unique proposal,
    As long as they reduce and balance
    Total tokens,
    Relic shards,
    And solo points for W/L a match with EMs,
    According to different progressions too.

As long as the items remains same for all progressions, the competition will remain the same..

Why would a player want to progress in the game if they can get the same resources/items while staying uncollected?
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 438 ★★

Hi Kabam,

Please review this suggestion for Battleground to have everyone can enjoy this game mode. To be honest, this game mode should be very fun and excited for summoners to play, not creating the frustration like the current situation.

First, the BG victory track should be divide by the Title for matching to have more equal fight. So far this is the best way to put players in the same class because the deck strength doesn’t work when many people abuse the sandbagging by put 1,2 star on the deck. Beside, to make sure people with highest Title like Valiant have their advantage , the VC reward also need to be different base on the Title as well, with the Valiant have the best valuable reward on Victory track. This can prevent many case like a Paragon match with Valiant.

Secondly, the nodes rotation currently is good but should focus on skills more than to target any specific champs.

U are wrong from start BGs is not for Fun & Enjoyable.
    It's for competitive 1 vs 1 .
    That's not fun for everyone.
    Everyone is fighting for same reward someone is spending money to get extra ,some grind Arena .

• Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,338 ★★★★★

Hi Kabam,

What happens if I become Paragon in the middle of a BGs season? How do you address complaints that a brand new Cav has to face a player who has been Cav for a long time and has a stacked roster?
    The only way I can think of to make it so there’s no incentive to linger at lower progressions would be to make it so that the highest possible BGs reward for one progression is still worse than the lowest possible BGs reward for the next progression step.

And, since the highest tier is already at the tuning level Kabam is comfortable with, that means moving everybody else down. And if the people asking for this realized this, I’m sure they’d stop asking for it.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★

Hi Kabam,

What happens if I become Paragon in the middle of a BGs season? How do you address complaints that a brand new Cav has to face a player who has been Cav for a long time and has a stacked roster?
    Not to mention now kabam gave players to become TB by ranking up 5 6*s to r4, Just imagine if these players face such whale accounts. They will again flood forums with complaints on how bg is "unfair", despite both of these accounts being TB

Basically Kabam just can't win no matter what, they are gonna get matchmaking complaints. But I am pretty sure the current system is way way better than every other solution these players put forward, but the playerbase seem not to get it, lol
    Wicket329 said:

Hi Kabam,

The only way I can think of to make it so there’s no incentive to linger at lower progressions would be to make it so that the highest possible BGs reward for one progression is still worse than the lowest possible BGs reward for the next progression step.

And, since the highest tier is already at the tuning level Kabam is comfortable with, that means moving everybody else down. And if the people asking for this realized this, I’m sure they’d stop asking for it.
    And people with posts "KABAM ONLY PAMPER VALIANTS".

Like, Bg matchmaking complaints will never end, smh
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,626 ★★★★★
    With the new way to acquire progression titles this should be fun to implement and then see people raging.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,163 ★★★★★
    edited May 20
    What will be even point of Battlegrounds for Cavs TB if whole rank rewards will be nerfed to give peanuts?
    Think

Unless you're trying to use this trick to enter Gladiator circuit 😳 then you're onto something.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,163 ★★★★★
    The easiest way to funnel out Valiants refusing to leave platinum diamond is to give bonus points per win for solo milestones in Gladiator circuit, that'll immediately fix stuff up.
    PT_99 said:

What will be even point of Battlegrounds for Cavs TB if whole rank rewards will be nerfed to give peanuts?
    Think

Unless you're trying to use this trick to enter Gladiator circuit 😳 then you're onto something.

Well uru 3 rewards itself is busted for a cav player but

Why not just make GC rewards progression based as well? Seperate GC servers for each progressio cycle and Celestial 1 uncollected guy probably gets a 6* crystal or something as reward. LETS MAKE BG FAIR!!
    Do people lay in bed before going to sleep and start thinking about this terrible ideas?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

Do people lay in bed before going to sleep and start thinking about this terrible ideas?

You really think they thought about this longer than 3 minutes?
    Wicket329 said:

Hi Kabam,

I can just feel the dozens of "slap in the face" posts if that were to ever come true.

You really think they thought about this longer than 3 minutes?
    I think they did... That's the worse part
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,338 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Hi Kabam,

I can just feel the dozens of "slap in the face" posts if that were to ever come true.
    That would keep me, the designated Kabam Face Slapper, very busy.
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Hi Kabam,

That would keep me, the designated Kabam Face Slapper, very busy.
    It'll be good. I need some content for my OnlyCavs page.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 311 ★★

Hi Kabam,

That's was just not even close to a good suggestion lol just keep working on your roster and eventually the game mode will get a lot easier and fun
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Hi Kabam,

1. The game does not match by deck, it matches by roster and progression at lower VT tiers, and matches by whomever is there in higher VT tiers. The people you see with low rarity champs in their decks either have those in there from back when the game did match by deck, like six months ago or so, and never updated their decks, or they are players like you who think the game matches by deck (even though Kabam explicitly stated it no longer did that when they changed it) and are probably encouraged by other players who figure why correct them when it just offers everyone else an advantage.

One thing I find some perverse joy in is that if a player stubbornly refuses to accept the facts about BG and decides to act on their own wrong intuition or what their buddies, who are probably just as uninformed as they are but speak as if they are experts, tell them, it only hurts them and helps everyone else. Accept the truth, or pay the price. I wish the whole world worked that way.

2. Part of the point to the nodes is to shake up the overall roster meta, so players can’t just focus on a few champs forever. Every season benefits different champs, deliberately, to encourage players to rank up a more diverse roster. If it was not obvious from the fact the game sells random gatcha mechanics champion crystals, ties progression to rarity specific rank ups, and constantly releases new champions and monetizes early access to them, this game has a very strong focus on building and growing roster. So the nodes have a varying balance between features that require skillful play and those that benefit certain subsets of the player’s roster. And most node combinations have at least some of both features.

3. Over 200,000 players currently participate in BG every season. Over 45,000 players maxed out the solo milestone last season, and probably around 15,000 players reached th Gladiator Circuit, which is about 5% of all players who participated at all. Nobody will say no to more rewards, but these are not numbers that suggest the rewards for BG are insufficient. They seem to be enough to cause a lot of players to dedicate a lot of time to get them, and flooding the game with more rewards than necessary to incentivize players to play tends to be bad for the game in the long run, as it causes game inflation and makes things less valuable over time and forces the game to accelerate introducing new chase items - new ranks, new rarities, new progression titles. Which benefit the players at the top, but push downward everyone else.

4. Perhaps it is worth considering if your issues with BG stem from a lack of humility over what a player such as yourself deserves to get from a competition. Judging your own suggestions to be “the best suggestion” for Battlegrounds implies a significant lack of situational awareness, or an evanescent subtlety of self deprecation that exceeds what the forums are capable of recognizing.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    @DNA3000 That last sentence was pretty good. Thanks for that.

I get the frustration that a lower account would have if they faced bigger accounts and couldn't win a match. Doesn't make for a fun experience. The underlying issue here is expectations. It's a competitive mode where it pushes summoners to expand their rosters and skills. Move up up the ladder, earn better rewards. If you want to play for funsies, then play team up with a buddy and play friedlies. Everyone has that option.

Honestly, I keep going back to Jax's post about BG's. It's not designed for everyone. We'll continue seeing these posts and the community will keep on firing back. It's not all sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns for "bigger" accounts. BG can be a slog and it was a hot topic when cav accounts were making it to GC while big accounts were duking it out with each other.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    My suggestion for a 2 BG model would be:

You would only be able to join one each season. Have a cap on the deck size, maybe at 540k (which an average hero rating of 18k). It would be suited for Cav/Paragons and below. Rewards would be tuned to players at those levels. Keep the current iteration of BG's as the 540k and up.

Could you stack a deck to feast on lower tiered players? You could, but then you lose access to the higher-tier BG. Let matchmaking be a free for all and call it a day.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Vanitelia said:

My suggestion for a 2 BG model would be:

You would only be able to join one each season. Have a cap on the deck size, maybe at 540k (which an average hero rating of 18k). It would be suited for Cav/Paragons and below. Rewards would be tuned to players at those levels. Keep the current iteration of BG's as the 540k and up.

Could you stack a deck to feast on lower tiered players? You could, but then you lose access to the higher-tier BG. Let matchmaking be a free for all and call it a day.

My suggestion: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367932/bg-crazy-suggestion-1093-allow-players-to-play-unranked-matches-plus-a-trophy-reward-tweak