Battlegrounds matchmaking

JuggerclopsJuggerclops Member Posts: 3
Is there something wrong with this? I’m average player, with decent champs. No 6* at rank 5, only a couple of 7, getting matched up with all 6* rank 5, and 7* rank 3. Not even close matches. Tiring and making me hate BG.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★
    edited May 23

All jokes aside, you're new here it seems. There isn't anything wrong with matchmaking. You're being matched with someone in your tier. Matching looks for 2 things- an opponent similar to your deck or anyone in your bracket if someone closer to your deck size isn't available.

This happens in VT until high VT and above. Once that threshold is reached, then it's a free for all. You're in a competition. You were never guaranteed exactly equal matches.
  • JuggerclopsJuggerclops Member Posts: 3
    I get the not always equal, it’s crazy one sided lately. Is this why some opponents have 2* champs in decks? Does that bring them down a tier or level?

I get the not always equal, it’s crazy one sided lately. Is this why some opponents have 2* champs in decks? Does that bring them down a tier or level?

Report those accounts. Sandbagging is against ToS.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★

All jokes aside, you're new here it seems. There isn't anything wrong with matchmaking. You're being matched with someone in your tier. Matching looks for 2 things- an opponent similar to your deck or anyone in your bracket if someone closer to your deck size isn't available.

This happens in VT until high VT and above. Once that threshold is reached, then it's a free for all. You're in a competition. You were never guaranteed exactly equal matches.

Copy and save this on clipboard. You probably have to tell this on multiple threads a day lol

Copy and save this on clipboard. You probably have to tell this on multiple threads a day lol
    At this point, it the general information should be a sticky thread or a required reading when coming to the forums before making a post.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    Does it even matter about your DECK anymore ? Or just overall Roster or Prestige ?

Thought for sure that they long since removed the ability to lower your deck via like 2* and have it have any effect on your matching anymore.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,205 ★★★★★

Does it even matter about your DECK anymore ? Or just overall Roster or Prestige ?

Thought for sure that they long since removed the ability to lower your deck via like 2* and have it have any effect on your matching anymore.

I remember them removing that too. At least after plat 2
    But for OP, have you reached Platinum level in BG yet (maybe, specifically, Plat 2) ?

If so, that is why you could be matching against a lot of much higher opponents there now.
    That is the “High VT” area that has been mentioned.

It is only prior to that where things are generally more equal.
    ahmynuts said:

I remember them removing that too. At least after plat 2
    Thought it was for ANY level they removed the sandbagging.
    And really wouldn’t have been only after Plat-2, since at that point it isn’t looking at roster after that (only a “can match with anyone” system once at Plat-2)

So would have had to be removed from system primarily for lower tiers.

(*unless it still looks at Deck, but maybe just the higher part of your deck, where it maybe just ignores your bottom half of deck ?? But I thought decks FULL of like 4* had also been done away with, you weren’t gonna get a 4* deck opponent anymore)
  • JuggerclopsJuggerclops Member Posts: 3
    Yeah I hit platinum every now and then. Trying to rank up certain champs cuz all I go up against is maxed onslaught, absorbing, hulkling, Kate bishop, kindred, maestro. All pains.
    Thanks for the advice and sorry for the repeated questions
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian

Don't bother. The game stopped using deck matching many seasons ago. All those accounts are doing is nerfing their own deck, either because they did that long ago and haven't bothered to change it, or they think it works and so are deliberately continuing to do it.

On the record, my advice is don't do this because it doesn't work and only harms your deck. Off the record, if you're Valiant or have a strong deck and want to do this, especially if you're going to match against me, go right ahead.
    DNA3000 said:

Don't bother. The game stopped using deck matching many seasons ago. All those accounts are doing is nerfing their own deck, either because they did that long ago and haven't bothered to change it, or they think it works and so are deliberately continuing to do it.

On the record, my advice is don't do this because it doesn't work and only harms your deck. Off the record, if you're Valiant or have a strong deck and want to do this, especially if you're going to match against me, go right ahead.
    You're right. I vaguely remember it now. But yes, I agree they should use as many 2*'s as possible against me.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

They are still out there even if it stopped working, makes you wonder why though...