Quake is still broken in 2024

Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 448 ★★★★
You just have to be willing to lose your sanity.

I wanted to get the solo with Quake the instant I saw the Size: S + Science objective two weeks ago. After many many hours of failed attempts I finally got it. It was a bit poetic, as I used her for the first ever Summer of Pain fight, the Invade/Brawl Rogue from many years ago.

Full Video for anyone interested

Comments

• Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 448 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

If it takes you 2 weeks to do this fight, countless tries and 19 minutes of chore, is she really broken?

If, as a 5*, she is able to turn off every single challenge in some of the most challenging fights that Kabam creates, then yes. The title is definitely a little tongue in cheek, but there's a reason why she's not coming back at higher ranks.

For this fight specifically, there are 3 main difficulties: Root, Pressure Gauge, and Debuff Immunity. Quake's always against the wall anyway, so root doesn't matter. Pressure Gauge requires contacting the opponent, which she doesn't do, and Debuff Immunity stops her stuns, but that just slows down the fight, it doesn't stop her at all. This week's Onslaught would be even easier for her, the only issues are unstoppable on heavies and the specials, both of which don't matter at all to Quake. You can even stun him, so it should be a good bit quicker than Iron Fist.
  • brownchr014brownchr014 Member Posts: 44
    Ackbar67 said:

PT_99 said:

If it takes you 2 weeks to do this fight, countless tries and 19 minutes of chore, is she really broken?

If, as a 5*, she is able to turn off every single challenge in some of the most challenging fights that Kabam creates, then yes. The title is definitely a little tongue in cheek, but there's a reason why she's not coming back at higher ranks.

For this fight specifically, there are 3 main difficulties: Root, Pressure Gauge, and Debuff Immunity. Quake's always against the wall anyway, so root doesn't matter. Pressure Gauge requires contacting the opponent, which she doesn't do, and Debuff Immunity stops her stuns, but that just slows down the fight, it doesn't stop her at all. This week's Onslaught would be even easier for her, the only issues are unstoppable on heavies and the specials, both of which don't matter at all to Quake. You can even stun him, so it should be a good bit quicker than Iron Fist.
    Point still stands. A broken champ wouldn't take many hours of reattempts. That is not broken. Strong sure but you can't say oh I had to over many hours try to get this.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    If she really was broken this fight should’ve taken you one attempt