BG VT πŸ… Upgrades Next Season

HerohanoiHerohanoi Member Posts: 120 β˜…β˜…
edited May 31 in General Discussion
I just watched Richtheman Video about Updates for next month. There is new improvement for BG VT, for the entire VT we will get 2 medals per win and lose one per defeat. There will be additional ranks with additional rewards to ease these changes. What are your opinions? 😊
Β«13

Comments

• N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 132 β˜…
    Looking forward to seeing more details, but my initial reaction is that this is really good
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,155 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 31
    I actually don't like it. It'll be harder to get my BG milestones.

However, I haven't watched his stream yet so maybe he addresses this.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seems overall beneficial, it’s especially nice with a deathless piece locked behind gc next month. We’ll see if uru gets too crowded or not by the end of the season, that’s my only concern.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,277 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Herohanoi said:

I just watched Richtheman Video about Updates for next month. There is new improvement for BG VT, for the entire VT we will get 2 medals per win and lose one per defeat. There will be additional ranks with additional rewards to ease these changes. What are your opinions? 😊

Insert Thor rags "YES!" Gif here
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,277 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think there will be more ranks to offset... maybe
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

2 wins for 1 loss was BGs at its peak. Then kabam removed it. Now they are bringing it back…. After about a bazillion complaints.

It’s a win. 2 medals for Kabam.πŸ˜‰

Watch it goes back to current format after next season. 🀣
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Let's wait and see, maybe it's good, maybe there are some negative sides to this...from experience we know that changes may not only be positive 😜
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,118 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GrO_ot78 said:

Let's wait and see, maybe it's good, maybe there are some negative sides to this...from experience we know that changes may not only be positive 😜

Well @captain_rogers already noted my rare optimism so I am duty bound to keep it now.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,381 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not saying it's a bad change but I'm worried about milestones, players like me who usually reach GC on week three are now probably going to be on GC on week one and therefore have to grind harder.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Not saying it's a bad change but I'm worried about milestones, players like me who usually reach GC on week three are now probably going to be on GC on week one and therefore have to grind harder.

That's the part I fear, I'm already struggling with the points this season....220k in vib2...πŸ₯΅ It will be even tougher if we move up faster.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,151 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 31
    GrO_ot78 said:

That's the part I fear, I'm already struggling with the points this season....220k in vib2...πŸ₯΅ It will be even tougher if we move up faster.
    I entered GC this season at 195k points, despite using EM for all matches
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

You nailed it. They adding more ranks haha
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,472 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't like it..
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,244 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Need to see the overall rewards change to enter GC from both systems and number of consecutive wins required to gauge the impact and know if it's good or bad.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

If this is the case then don't that kinda defeat the point of changing it to 2 medals πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ. Mind over matter thing πŸ€”
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This doesn't resolve all those BG complaints of I lost 100 matches in a row or I am matched against whale accounts so it's not fair. I think this is great idea for me personally since I win about 50% of the time. This will help me climb faster since losing won't be as rough during my climb to VT. Now for those farming in lower levels, this is going to suck for them.
    Mackey said:

ahmynuts said:

If this is the case then don't that kinda defeat the point of changing it to 2 medals πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ. Mind over matter thing πŸ€”
    Not really, it would take roughly the same amount of time to climb up but not due to "win one lose one". It would be due to the extra ranks and medals required but it would be easier, losing a fight wouldn't feel as punishing as it does right now.
    Prediction: people will complain about being farmed next season.

Hey all. We will be sharing more details before the next BG season starts, but the goal of this change was to make the climb more plausible for those struggling to make progress but not necessarily make it faster for those who were already climbing with ease. We have added additional ranks as well as additional medals to every rank. Wait to see the details but if you are one of those players breezing to the GC with a ~75% win rate, it's going to take about the same number of matches to get there.

Sounds like a great change to me then! This was the main thing I was worried about. Making it easier to climb up but extra ranks and medals required per ranks sounds great though.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’m looking forward to it. That’s what it was before and it worked. People actually wanted to do bg’s and didn’t see it as a chore like it is now.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

This doesn't resolve all those BG complaints of I lost 100 matches in a row or I am matched against whale accounts so it's not fair. I think this is great idea for me personally since I win about 50% of the time. This will help me climb faster since losing won't be as rough during my climb to VT. Now for those farming in lower levels, this is going to suck for them.

The more people who progress through vt faster will mean less of them in the lower tiers of vt where those complaints happen. This wont fix it completely, but should at least easy the burden
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

The more people who progress through vt faster will mean less of them in the lower tiers of vt where those complaints happen. This wont fix it completely, but should at least easy the burden
    According to Kabam Crashed, this isn't for those that can reach the VT easily, it's only for those that are having a hard time. So those that reach VT will be in the same boat but those that were having a hard time climbing will get to Platinum faster and therefore facing against the big accounts sooner. Is that a good thing for those smaller accounts to hit a plateau sooner? Now we will see how many more posts of I climb to Platinum in no time but now I facing against these big accounts sooner. You know it's going to happen.

Kabam Crashed said:
    Hey all. We will be sharing more details before the next BG season starts, but the goal of this change was to make the climb more plausible for those struggling to make progress but not necessarily make it faster for those who were already climbing with ease. We have added additional ranks as well as additional medals to every rank. Wait to see the details but if you are one of those players breezing to the GC with a ~75% win rate, it's going to take about the same number of matches to get there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Mackey said:

ahmynuts said:

Not exactly. First of all, the overall goal I believe was to somehow split the Gordian Knot of allowing players to progress more and stall less, without simply giving them a dramatically easier path to GC. Adding more tiers and increasing the medals per win (above the low tiers where this already happens) does balance each other out, but only for a specific win rate.

It is essentially mathematically impossible to both increase medals per win and increase medals required to promote and have everyone back where they started. If they are targeting ~75% win rate as being roughly neutral, as Crashed mentions above, then it is all but certain that players above 75% win rate will take more wins to reach GC, and players below 75% win rate will take fewer wins to reach GC than now. So the net effect is going to be to shuffle things around where most players will see something different, but most players will see an overall improvement in at least how they progress through VT.

Of course, if your win rate is far below 33%, then you can still get stuck, at least temporarily. The biggest winners are likely going to be the players whose win rates are between 33% and 65%. Players below 33% will see some improvement (for statistically complex reasons) but will still likely see a significant grind to progress. Players from 33% to 50% win rates will go from having a statistically net negative medal win rate to a net positive one, which means they will, on average, see positive progress upward more often than getting stalled. And the players slightly above 50% will go from seeing win/loss trades stalling them temporarily (before breaking through on lucky streaks) to gaining substantial forward bias (gaining medals) in their successive matches, which should counterbalance the extra tiers being added to compensate for the higher medal influx.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,913 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 31
    More ranks to get through in a season everyone will be pushing to get the deathless vision piece.. great

2 for win, 1 for loss will help - if the 5 medals needed to progress doesn’t increase as well

More ranks to get through in a season everyone will be pushing to get the deathless vision piece.. great

You will be fine, doubt they add on the top part...
    And hopefully GC players will start 5 tiers below even with the addition of tiers.