**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Kabam, please fix global chat.

I know that global chat isn’t an essential part of the game, but it’s been a big help to a lot of players when they need to ask questions to others in the MCOC community on the fly about the game, find alliances, etc.

But for the most part, it’s vile content that gives me flashbacks from liveleak and 4chan. It desperately needs to have better moderation, or just removed entirely. Especially before special events like Black History Month, Woman’s History Month, Pride History Month, etc., it’s just disgusting what goes on.

Obviously, this is not a top priority, as I’m sure people at Kabam have much more important things to do, but I just wanted to point out global chat and how it’s pretty much just a place to spread hatred and negativity.

Below are some screenshots I took from my global chat right before posting this on May 31st.

Comments

• Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 868 ★★★
    edited June 1
    Asking Kasham to fix anything is like pissing against the wind. Just don't use Global Chat.
  • Options
    The_Boss253The_Boss253 Posts: 51

While I think there are a lot more issues to look at, this shouldn't go ignored. Global Chat is an extension of the game, and is accessed through the game, therefore should be treated with the same polices, rules, and regulations that the forum has.

I've been in global before when I first started playing. It was good for getting some help for thise who weren't yet in an alliance, duel info, and some friend requests. After a while, I had to disable the chat. It's a cesspool for toxicity. It's serves as a platform for many to spread their hate speech of all kinds, indications of pedophilia, racism, promotion of domestic violence against women in real life, statuatory r***, and the list goes on. These are things Kabam is supposedly against right?. So GC should be somehow moderated (I don't know how) and upheld to the same expectations as the forum. No exceptions.

How is it that one social environment of the game is strict on the moderating, but the other part isn't?

Anyone can disable the chat, but that's only a temporary resolution to a bigger problem that Kabam needs to step in on and shut down. Hate speech and the other behaviors shouldn't have a safe place anywhere in this game.

Wow, very well said. Even if there is a feature to turn it off and block others, it’s still Kabam’s job to properly moderate it.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 649 ★★★★
    It’s a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Best thing you can do is turn it off
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    This solution never gets old...

• Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 604 ★★★
    I’m surprised that guy was saying that, he used to be in my ally, and he was a pretty chill and civil guy
  • Options
    BloodyRoseBloodyRose Posts: 87
    Smash the REPORT USER button. Worked for me before
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,878 ★★★★★
    Don’t use global

However I am embarrassed for the human race for having such black sheeps. My god
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,030 ★★★★★

obsidiman said:

It’s a very temporary solution that doesn’t address the problem I was talking about. I’m not getting offended by anything in global chat, but by not moderating it Kabam is giving a place to racists, homophobes, sexists, etc.
    It's not a temporary solution, it's a permanent one. You'll never see that global chat unless you undo the box yourself.
  • Options
    DragmireDragmire Posts: 19
    Buttehrs said:

obsidiman said:

It’s a very temporary solution that doesn’t address the problem I was talking about. I’m not getting offended by anything in global chat, but by not moderating it Kabam is giving a place to racists, homophobes, sexists, etc.
    It's not a temporary solution, it's a permanent one. You'll never see that global chat unless you undo the box yourself.
    It's a permanent solution for the individual but it doesn't change that global is either not at all or poorly moderated and they should put more effort into maintaining the feature in the game that is supposed to bring players together.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★

obsidiman said:

I'm going to disagree with your assertion that it's a temporary solution. I've had it flipped off for as long as I can remember. And I haven't been tempted to look at it or read it. I've known there's really nothing of value there and therefore no need to have it enabled.

You're right... global chat is not the most savory of place and I don't envy anyone at Kabam having to babysit it. However you ARE making a conscious choice to have it enabled and read or partake in the discussions in it. You do that knowing that there are subjects brought up that you don't agree with or bother you. So yes, it probably should be monitored more thoroughly but you can take steps to make sure it is out of sight and out of mind. Yet you consciously choose not to.
  • Options
    Justcause102Justcause102 Posts: 126
    I was in that conversation that’s kind of funny.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 521 ★★★
    “Make Global chat great again”!!
    …Oh wait,
    It never was even close to good.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 487 ★★★
    Gotta read the room every time you jump into Global; Sometimes it's pretty cool, other times it's cringy. If you choose to join and subsequently encounter abuse, block/report the user(s) as needed; Doing so helps to moderate the space.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,461 ★★★★★
    Get out of that sewer..
  • Options
    AOLOGAOLOG Posts: 22
    You're letting trolls live rent free in your head.... That's what they want and the only reason they do it. Why pick such small battle to fight when you can just disable global chat and happily play the game with the only stress being content induced?
  • Options
    AOLOG said:

You're letting trolls live rent free in your head.... That's what they want and the only reason they do it. Why pick such small battle to fight when you can just disable global chat and happily play the game with the only stress being content induced?

I just feel that if Kabam made an attempt to moderate it beyond just hashing out certain phrases, it could actually be a positive thing and help others. Even if I disable it, which after taking those screenshots I have, it’s still giving hate a place to grow.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,272 Guardian

I just feel that if Kabam made an attempt to moderate it beyond just hashing out certain phrases, it could actually be a positive thing and help others. Even if I disable it, which after taking those screenshots I have, it’s still giving hate a place to grow.

You have to realize that moderating a live/continuous feed in real-time, is quite different versus something like Forums where employees could just come back to and review every so often during the day.

Other than AI censored algorithms that can do so without moderator live-looks, which is already in place, although sometimes mistakenly censors things too.

Continuous real-time observing of Global Chat (and that would include *ALL* of the separate Chat Regions, in *ALL* different languages), would be impossible.

What is available, is that anyone observing that can hit “Report” on offenders, and if enough of them do so, can lead to chat bans for that person.

But even that doesn’t solve the problem (besides for the obvious that it doesn’t happen immediately), they just move onto to other Alt accounts and continue it. Or even just create brand new ones just to continue to stoke the fires in global.

**maybe the user “Report” method can be enhanced so that “x” amount of reports will immediately turn on a temporary chat ban on them, until an actual moderator can take a look at it.
    At least that could result in something more immediate.
  • Options

**maybe the user “Report” method can be enhanced so that “x” amount of reports will immediately turn on a temporary chat ban on them, until an actual moderator can take a look at it.
    At least that could result in something more immediate.
    I like that idea, and I think that would be a huge step forward. If Kabam could implement that, it’d be so much better. Only issue is spam reporting, which I’m sure the smart people at Kabam could figure it out.
  • Options
    cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Posts: 46
    People like Clips47 and Iqqyy are the reason I quit popping in on Global from time to time. If it's not full of trolls it's full of sad lonely teen guys looking for romance lol
  • Options
    cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Posts: 46
    Joker1976 said:

“Make Global chat great again”!!
    …Oh wait,
    It never was even close to good.

You got that right!! It's mostly 12 year Olds looking for girlfriends lol