**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

King Groot cold snap

Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
Should KG shrug off cold snap? Trying to plan out how to take on Ice Pheonix on Uncollected difficultly. Tried dueling Iceman and KG doesn’t shrug off cold snap by losing a fury. Is this intentional or a bug?

Comments

• CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Groot should shrug it of faster ? Or not?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you have a good AV, use him 70% chance no coldsnap
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    So great YOU got one. I thougt also that king groot might be able to kill cold snap after 0,5 sec
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    It’s a debuff and he shrugs everything else off, not sure why cold snap should be any different.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Use rouge
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    I think it’s cause it’s at the beginning of the fight, King Groot only shrugs off debuffs if it’s placed on him while he has a fury buff, it’s probably placing the coldsnap first then your fury buffs in the beginning of the match.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    @Madman_marvin The definitive answer is YES. King Groot will 100% shrug off coldsnap cause it's a debuff. It's not a passive debuff like neurotoxin and frostbite which no champ can shrug it off, at least for now.

BUT here is the cold truth, he CANNOT SHRUG OFF coldsnap AT THE BEGINNING of the fight. If you got coldsnap when you have the Fury buff somewhere throughout the fight, YES he will shrug it off.

I believe it's a bug. Just like Mephisto's soul imprisonment still can't nullify DV's regen when the fight start.
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    @Madman_marvin The definitive answer is YES. King Groot will 100% shrug off coldsnap cause it's a debuff. It's not a passive debuff like neurotoxin and frostbite which no champ can shrug it off, at least for now.

BUT here is the cold truth, he CANNOT SHRUG OFF coldsnap AT THE BEGINNING of the fight. If you got coldsnap when you have the Fury buff somewhere throughout the fight, YES he will shrug it off.

I believe it's a bug. Just like Mephisto's soul imprisonment still can't nullify DV's regen when the fight start.

I’ve noticed that about DV and Mephisto too. Can a mod get in on this? Working as intended???
    Gamer wrote: »
    Use rouge

If I had her, I’d give her a shot. AV is my best bet on not losing a significant amount of health. Might just have to boost up my 3/45 5* SL and hope for the best.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    It's not a bug, it's just that KG doesn't generate Fury at the very first second of the fight when Cold Snap starts.

If it's placed on him later and he's got Fury stacks he will shrug things off.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Use rouge

Look at my name. Now you know how to spell it correctly. ;)
    edited December 2017
    If you guys have so much trouble with Ice Phoenix, don't even bother because Modok will make you cry.

I have ways around him. AA, Gwenpool, and others can help out there. Just wish I could get around the whale milking Ice Pheonix with as little damage as possible
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Duped WWII for Ice Phoenix. 0 block and parry damage. Even a r4 works since he has more health than he loses through coldsnap