Predictions Needed for Onslaught Arena Cutoffs!

IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 373 ★★
So, our buddy Onslaught is back in the Arena, and yours truly is itching to add him to my roster. I missed out on snagging him when he first came around, and RNG hasn't blessed me with his presence yet. So, I'm turning to you, my trusty fellow summoners, for some advice.

Now, I know Onslaught is like the VIP of Mutants in the game, so I'm expecting some fierce competition in the arena. Last time he graced the Featured Arena, it was a wild ride with the 6-star cutoff landing between 121 and 141 million, while the 5-star went at around 24 mill.

What do you all reckon the cutoff will be for Onslaught in the Basic Arena this time? I'm sitting at 5.3 million points currently, but I'm not sure how high I should aim to secure him.

Comments

• SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,081 ★★★
    Good luck with your grind, should be let competition due to whales able to but him as a 6* and featured had been out for a while. Not sure if your pace is on course for it though. Try using boosts to help you get more points.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    I hardly think it will be as bad as last time, most people have him now in BG, is my experience. And those few who don't have him, ban him anyway.

• IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 373 ★★
    SammyDe said:

Good luck with your grind, should be let competition due to whales able to but him as a 6* and featured had been out for a while. Not sure if your pace is on course for it though. Try using boosts to help you get more points.

I'm all about giving it my best shot, even if I can't be glued to the Arena 24/7. I've got a real life outside of this crazy Contest. (I also don't buy the Sigil so I don't have Express Mode.) As for my pace: I've now hustled up 8 million points in 19 hours! By the time this Arena's done, I'll be cruising around the 30 million mark. Is it gonna be enough? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, here's to giving it my all and seeing where the chips fall.
    GrO_ot78 said:

I hardly think it will be as bad as last time, most people have him now in BG, is my experience. And those few who don't have him, ban him anyway.

You're probably right; seems like a lot of folks have already wrangled Onslaught into their lineups. Do you reckon a grind to 30 mill will cut the mustard?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,706 ★★★★★
    26 will be enough.
    You can do 30 to feel safer.

26 will be enough.

I'm all about playing it safe, so I'm definitely aiming for that 30 mill mark. But man, your reassurance is like a warm chimichanga on a cold night. Here's hoping you're right and my grind pays off! And guess what? I've got a shiny 6-star Awakening Gem stashed away, just waiting for the day that Onslaught decides to grace me with his presence as a 6-star.

GrO_ot78 said:

You're probably right; seems like a lot of folks have already wrangled Onslaught into their lineups. Do you reckon a grind to 30 mill will cut the mustard?
    30 for the 6* ? Hmm…that will prob not be enough…

https://www.mcoc-guide.com/arena-cutoff-history/

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    How bad do you want it?

I dont really remember but 161 rounds for a 4* was as grindy as I got.

How bad do you want it?

I dont really remember but 161 rounds for a 4* was as grindy as I got.

284 win streak for a 5* Venom back in the day was my grindiest Arena performance. I guess we'll find out on Sunday how badly I wanted it.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,660 ★★★★
    Good luck on your quest to get him. Keep us updated on Sunday.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,706 ★★★★★

26 will be enough.

I'm all about playing it safe, so I'm definitely aiming for that 30 mill mark. But man, your reassurance is like a warm chimichanga on a cold night. Here's hoping you're right and my grind pays off! And guess what? I've got a shiny 6-star Awakening Gem stashed away, just waiting for the day that Onslaught decides to grace me with his presence as a 6-star.
    I have a recent experience to base this off with.
    I went for kushala.
    I was told by a heavy grinder that I'll get her with 24M. But it was my first ever grind for a 6* and I went 30M. Got 173 rank. Overshot but doing 30M felt rather easy lol

Same guy said 25-26 will be enough for him too.
  • Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Member Posts: 124 ★★
    Good luck man! I’ve grinded for one champ once, abs man, and it was brutal. Praying you don’t get shafted with the cutoff
    Thanks for all the support and advice, folks!

@SirGamesBond, appreciate the intel! Sounds like 30 mill might just be my sweet spot too. Nice job snagging Kushala, and thanks for the heads up on those cutoffs!

@Ayden_noah1, I’ll definitely keep you all posted on Sunday. Fingers crossed that the Arena gods smile upon me!

@Joey_Joe_joe_27, thanks for the well wishes! I feel your pain; grinding for a champ is no joke. Let’s hope I can dodge any cutoff heartbreak this time.

Currently 47% of the way to 30 mill...
  • solsk11solsk11 Member Posts: 19
    Interested to see how you go. Can you tell me how you get infinite going and not lose it?
  • Baron_ZemoBaron_Zemo Member Posts: 1
    Got my onslaught 6* at 31.8M ranked 295. It is now safe to say that basic arenas will grant you the 6*s at 30M+ (safe) whether it's a most wanted champ or not.
    Update: Well, the grind was real, but life had other plans for me over the weekend. Managed to push up to 26.4 million points before real life called me away. Ended up ranking 455th, which means I missed out on the 6* Onslaught. Bummer!

But hey, it's not all bad news. I did snag the 3*, 4*, and 5* versions, which I didn't have before this Arena. So, there's a silver lining!

Thanks for all the support and advice, everyone.

solsk11 said:

Interested to see how you go. Can you tell me how you get infinite going and not lose it?

Buckle up, buttercup, 'cause here comes the secret sauce:

Matches 1-5: 5* Rank 3
    Matches 6-10: 6* Rank 1
    Matches 11-25: 6* Rank 3 & 5* Rank 5
    After that: Only use champs with a PI of 10k+

I'm sure it’s not the only way to do it, but it’s my way, and it works like a charm. Hope this helps you keep that streak alive and kicking!

Update: Well, the grind was real, but life had other plans for me over the weekend. Managed to push up to 26.4 million points before real life called me away. Ended up ranking 455th, which means I missed out on the 6* Onslaught. Bummer!

But hey, it's not all bad news. I did snag the 3*, 4*, and 5* versions, which I didn't have before this Arena. So, there's a silver lining!

Thanks for all the support and advice, everyone.

R5 and ascend the 5*, and you will pull the 6* within weeks 😜

It happened to Kindred, CGR, Hulkling, Korg, Warlock and Nimrod on my account.