**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Can we do a GAME 7 thread??

11993451199345 Posts: 496 ★★★
If not, feel free to delete...

For those who don't know, tonight is Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals (which is pretty much a religious event in Canada).

The Florida Panthers were up 3 games to 0, then the Edmonton Oilers decided to wake up and take the next 3 games.

This whole series has been bonkers!!

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    Cmon Davo it’s been to long without a cup in Canada!!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,380 Guardian
    (not watching it, but)
    Consider your Oilers the Champs no matter what.

I don’t think that cities should be allowed to have a team if you can’t actually play the sport outside.
    Like when you're a kid, and you get together with some neighbors, and go outside to play sports together.
    Something that would get the kids interested in the sport because they can play it casually themselves, before advancing to maybe more specialized fields/rinks and equipment.

Of course, at the time of night that the networks put on their “showcase” games, when they don’t end until after midnight a lot of times, and kids can’t stay up that late anyways, maybe the professional leagues don’t really care about drawing in new (young) fans anyways.

All those new southern city teams.. Florida, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Jose (is that one too ??), etc.over the last decade or 2.

Let them form a Professional Street Hockey League instead.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,414 ★★★★
    I wont spoil who won, but this was one hell of a game. Watching the momentum shift from team to team was pretty fun to see. Florida defense and more specifically their stick checks saved a couple different goals, and bobrovsky was playing very well especially in the latter half of the game.

Edmonton offense looked amazing in the 3rd period, basically controlling the whole game. Both teams mostly played well and this was a fun series to watch.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,640 ★★★★★
    It could have been a historic game but it turned out not to be. It was a very good game and all, but it sux to see a team who couldn’t even fill their building these past 2 years & whose fans throw toy rats on the ice as the Stanley cup champion.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 851 ★★★
    Stanley Cup Final... no "s".
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,199 ★★★★★

(not watching it, but)
    Consider your Oilers the Champs no matter what.

I don’t think that cities should be allowed to have a team if you can’t actually play the sport outside.
    Like when you're a kid, and you get together with some neighbors, and go outside to play sports together.
    Something that would get the kids interested in the sport because they can play it casually themselves, before advancing to maybe more specialized fields/rinks and equipment.

Of course, at the time of night that the networks put on their “showcase” games, when they don’t end until after midnight a lot of times, and kids can’t stay up that late anyways, maybe the professional leagues don’t really care about drawing in new (young) fans anyways.

All those new southern city teams.. Florida, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Jose (is that one too ??), etc.over the last decade or 2.

Let them form a Professional Street Hockey League instead.

This is a terrible take, my dude. Beyond the ridiculous gatekeeping, ice hockey isn’t exactly the kind of sport you can go outside to play any time, anywhere. You need a body of water that freezes thoroughly enough to safely play on, plus you still need all the equipment that you would need at a rink to play the game anyway. Half the northern teams would be eliminated by your standards today, and another half would be gone in a decade or so.

Also, the modern NHL really came to be in 1967. The Lightning joined the same year as the Ottawa Senators in 1992. The Panthers joined the same year as the Mighty Ducks (Anaheim) in 1993. Both franchises are over 30 years old now, and are wildly popular in their respective markets. I think they’ve earned their keep.

There are tons of skating rinks throughout the US South. In high school, I would regularly go and watch club hockey games that my friends would play in. Edmonton nearly made an incredible comeback and honestly I was rooting for them as a Lightning fan, but after having a team in the last FIVE Stanley Cup Finals and winning three of them, Florida’s a hockey state. Gotta accept that.
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 287 ★★★

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,876 ★★★★★
    the most oilers way to lose the series lmao
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,047 ★★★★
    Oilers Girl made us ALL fans! They win.