**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Let's talk new BG matchmaking system

2»

Comments

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,133 ★★★★
    edited June 26
    dxxnyxl said:

Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

By buffed rewards I meant the rewards in Diamond and vibranium, 15k 7 star shards and 10k titan shards

Those are compensation for people who made it to GC last season and got seeded way too low. They are not permanent "buffed" rewards.
    He also stated he is only Uncollected, and, no offense, but those rewards were never meant for that progression anyways lol.

The fact you thought you should have a chance at those by facing only uncollected level accounts is why this change is great. It balances the game economy back to where it always should’ve been
    The thing is that I think I have a chance at those rewards because, by getting to plat, it opens a lot of possibilities for me to buy resources to rank up my champs, therefore allowing me to push forward beyond that wall in plat in which skill based matchmaking ends.
    No offence buddy but that's kind of the issue here, I'm all for giving the lower accounts a chance to advance their rosters and helping them participate in this, BUT an Uncollected/ Cavalier account should never have been getting to platinum in the first place.
    The current season's complete free for all format makes it very apparent that even average Valiants are hitting their caps in plat and diamond, an uncollected account shouldn't even be able in silver at most.

In the earlier format lower tier accounts moved up faster than higher accounts, this can't be the first game you've played. Tell me, in what world does a lower tier players reach a rank faster than an upper tier players. It's like the people with bigger accounts were getting punished for making progress and having a bigger account.
    So although not everyone might like this change it's what should have been happening in the first place.
    LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME THAT HAS A PVP MODE
  • Options
    But also after this season, if the seeding works correctly you will never face a valiant/ whale in lower tiers, unless they're hampering their own progress to get into a lower tier
  • Options
    dxxnyxldxxnyxl Posts: 30

But also after this season, if the seeding works correctly you will never face a valiant/ whale in lower tiers, unless they're hampering their own progress to get into a lower tier

Yeah well that's of course going to happen in order for the people to get more solo objective points....
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

Yeah well that's of course going to happen in order for the people to get more solo objective points....
    Nope that's not how it works anyone that reaches Vibranium or GC is going to start above plat so there's no way you're ever going to face them unless they skipped on an entire BG season.
    Plus really farming isn't possible in lower tiers anymore the only place they can do it is in gold and above so it's unlikely you'll face any other of them.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★
    When players demanded a more fair matchmaking with equal roster strength until vibranium, kabam developed changes but in opposite direction, lol.

This has to be one of the biggest Uno reverse of all time. Forums are going to be flooded soon
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 481 ★★★

When players demanded a more fair matchmaking with equal roster strength until vibranium, kabam developed changes but in opposite direction, lol.

This has to be one of the biggest Uno reverse of all time. Forums are going to be flooded soon

Nah, the forums people will just think it’s okay for everyone buy their 6*r5s and 7*r3s as always.

Bgs are full of monster accounts and it’s a **** experience
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,483 ★★★★★

dxxnyxl said:

Nope that's not how it works anyone that reaches Vibranium or GC is going to start above plat so there's no way you're ever going to face them unless they skipped on an entire BG season.
    Plus really farming isn't possible in lower tiers anymore the only place they can do it is in gold and above so it's unlikely you'll face any other of them.
    This only works on the assymption that all big rosters push for GC lol which they don't
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,442 ★★★★★
    I'm just glad they've finally stated they changed match making in Season 19, not that it wasn't already obvious to people in Bronze and Silver.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,656 ★★★★★

dxxnyxl said:

This only works on the assymption that all big rosters push for GC lol which they don't
    And that’s a solid point. I’m not really a BG player. Only doing so this season for the Viz piece. And I’ll eventually fall back into bronze. But with the 2 medals for a win change, guys like me with big accounts who aren’t really BG fans will be out of those low tiers incredibly quickly
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    It's better now
  • Options
    Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Posts: 33

dxxnyxl said:

Well, if they don't one can assume that it is potentially a skill issue, no? As ultimately it is those GC rewards that would help their large accounts, not the lurking in lower tiers. Over time, those large account lurkers should be able to be caught up by lower accounts that progress with skill, which I think is ultimately what Kabam seeks long term.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,572 ★★★★★
    edited June 26

dxxnyxl said:

Well, if they don't one can assume that it is potentially a skill issue, no?
    No it’s a lack of interest and rewards not being worth our time.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,483 ★★★★★

dxxnyxl said:

Well, if they don't one can assume that it is potentially a skill issue, no? As ultimately it is those GC rewards that would help their large accounts, not the lurking in lower tiers. Over time, those large account lurkers should be able to be caught up by lower accounts that progress with skill, which I think is ultimately what Kabam seeks long term.
    ...or a lack of interest and minimum effort to just do objectives?...which happens everytime that rewards fall behind the economy.
  • Options
    edited June 26

dxxnyxl said:

It's a PvP mode, and that comes with all its ups and downs.
    Lower tier players need to understand that if they don't have adequate rosters they're going get crushed by the people that do.
    It's not like they're the only one in this.
    Weaker players get crushed by stronger /better players at every level in a tournament style game mode.

• Options
    chrisfernendezzzchrisfernendezzz Posts: 346

So there been a couple matchmaking threads (like always) but more then usual. Now Kabam made a thread about them having changed the BG matchmaking system this season. There is no more account strenght matchmaking system. Now cavs have to fight paragons+ even in brons/silver? Is this going to affect BG participation even more? Before you say anything. I'm valiant vibranium 3 so don't come at me just want to hear y'all opinion.

I feel like this is injustice to all the player, fight should be based on our level. It would become hard to win a match. I am mostly fighting rank 3 7* champions barely having any easy fight. They end the fight faster than me or complete the fight with more health than me, even if I win a fight, chances of me winning the whole thing is less if I am keep fighting stronger accounts than me.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,113 ★★★
    I played a bg now
    Look this match making
    On Bronze 1
    Uncollected vs paragon

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,303 ★★★★★
    For the past 19 seasons of BG, it was always a big sigh of relief upon getting into Plat where the matches get vastly easier than before.

If this was a competition, which it is, this shouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    EakomoEakomo Posts: 52
    edited June 26
    That's one way to characterize it. The other way is that a vocal minority was asking to increase the use of an unfair match making system throughout VT, and instead the devs decided to completely remove this unfair matching system and instead give players a +2/-1 scoring system so that players would rise to their level of strength much faster over an entire season.

BG's in general couldn't be more far from the notion of rising to your strength level/roster progress especially due to the matchmaking.

The "fair" match making system that the vocal minority keeps calling "fair" actually unfairly punishes higher progress players. It has been demonstrated to death by now that under that system a player who plays a weaker roster levels faster than if they play a stronger roster, which is the very definition of "punishing player for having a stronger roster." It consistently creates situations where lower progress players progress faster through VT than higher progress players - at least until that type of match making disappears. A competition in which players who work to strengthen their rosters get punished for doing so is perverse.

The system isn't unfair to the players, but the problem comes with how broad 'similar accounts is considered' even though the differences in account are very wide as players improve but it doesn't show in how the game seems to consider how similar accounts are to each other.

"A competition in which players who work to strengthen their rosters get punished for doing so is perverse" This can be used to describe how the general idea of both VT and GC together are combining to make battlegrounds really painful to do.

The game mode designers appear to agree. They were willing to allow this type of match making to exist for the lower VT tiers to encourage participation, but appear to have decided that the penalty it imposes on higher progress players is simply too high to be allowed to persist. Punishing high progress players in this way does nothing good, not even for lower progress players. By forcing them to match against only higher stronger players, those players advance more slowly through VT, and often simply run out of time and matches before they run into a ceiling in the Platinum to Diamond tiers, where lower progress players would then run into them and get knee capped.

The presumption with the new system is that since stronger players will tend to win more often - which is what is supposed to happen anyway - they will promote higher, and deplete the lower VT tiers of strong players, which will then allow weaker players to have a more appropriate level of competition. Instead of punishing stronger players to give them that appropriate level of competition, the new system rewards stronger players by allowing them to promote faster to accomplish the same thing.

While stronger players should win more now, are they actually facing more weaker players than compared before so they win more, else we're still stuck with the same situation that we had before.

The idea of reaching "one's level" is very similar to the arena structure of other games like marvel strike. Where in the arena of strike force the pool of players in that arena shard is based off how good the attacking teams are to climb the arena and how strong the defensive team is to stay at that position, and where unlike the current bg system, improving your teams will result is a net position rise.
    personally I've found that the experience I'd usually see in diamond/ vibranium you can easily get while in gold which is ridiculous.

but on a final note, seeing accounts that are around and well beyond the average accounts in GC, getting stuck in the victory track is a sign of how bad the entire system is not exclusively matchmaking