**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Matchmaking

So as a Summoner from the beginning of the game I have finally decided to share some insight. Now I am not one of the players that Kabam Jax has referenced as thinking I'm better than I am. I know I'm not great I try very hard. I am Paragon I have a decent roster, this being said I match-up with accounts that have a deck full of 7*R3,R2 and ascended R5. I have my first 7* R2 and 3 R5. I am essentially the little fish they get to move on. This is so demoralizing and takes the fun out of the game. There are always post of ohhh we realized an issue so we are sorry. I'll get blasted for my post or I'll get flagged for being negative. As Prof Hoff has said there is a large group of us in between players, not beginner but not end game either that are being left behind. Why is it in the early stages of BG matchmaking was much more fair I could easily climb to GC knowing that I wasn't the best but I'd still try. Now I will say you all have done some great things like the newest daily rewards,the special 7 day calander etc. Keep those up thank you. But for a middle teir player please do something to fix BG because no amount of practice will get past the fact I haven't put thousands of dollars into my account. More money spent in an account doesn't make you a better BG player it makes you weaker because certain champs are just that OP. Here is an idea maybe make GC all 4* 5* only for the climb. Skill vs Skill, then you can use your best roster in GC. This then allows some of us to get there. I don't mind losing to a skilled player however I do have an issue if I can't compete before it starts. Anyways thanks for reading my rant.

Signed-

A Discouraged and Defeated Paragon Player

Comments

• Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 193

• Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 483 ★★★
    For context, I've built my account from nearly the beginning based on skill - being one of the first few to do ROL with 4* Starlord, having competed in Masters AW, held top 5 at comiccon before leaving at noon to enjoy NYC with my gf - thus, having been highly skilled at one point - and now I face mega rosters with my mainly R4 roster in BG. I'm now old, but I'm far from bad at this game. lol!

What the OP is saying about having to spend excessively to compete is totally 100% my experience. It's killed my enjoyment of the game. Not certain if I will invest my time into the game like BGs so the game is loosing a skilled participant. The game doesn't respect skill. Just say the game prioritizes spenders with mega R3 7* accounts.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,656 ★★★★★

So as a Summoner from the beginning of the game I have finally decided to share some insight. Now I am not one of the players that Kabam Jax has referenced as thinking I'm better than I am. I know I'm not great I try very hard. I am Paragon I have a decent roster, this being said I match-up with accounts that have a deck full of 7*R3,R2 and ascended R5. I have my first 7* R2 and 3 R5. I am essentially the little fish they get to move on. This is so demoralizing and takes the fun out of the game. There are always post of ohhh we realized an issue so we are sorry. I'll get blasted for my post or I'll get flagged for being negative. As Prof Hoff has said there is a large group of us in between players, not beginner but not end game either that are being left behind. Why is it in the early stages of BG matchmaking was much more fair I could easily climb to GC knowing that I wasn't the best but I'd still try. Now I will say you all have done some great things like the newest daily rewards,the special 7 day calander etc. Keep those up thank you. But for a middle teir player please do something to fix BG because no amount of practice will get past the fact I haven't put thousands of dollars into my account. More money spent in an account doesn't make you a better BG player it makes you weaker because certain champs are just that OP. Here is an idea maybe make GC all 4* 5* only for the climb. Skill vs Skill, then you can use your best roster in GC. This then allows some of us to get there. I don't mind losing to a skilled player however I do have an issue if I can't compete before it starts. Anyways thanks for reading my rant.

Signed-

A Discouraged and Defeated Paragon Player

Why should I deserve to miss GC over you when I spent time (and money) leveling up my account to have multiple R3 7*, while you didn’t grind (or spend) as much as me but got to face weaker accounts to inflate your ego and progression? Is that really a fair system to you?

New change is great. Everyone is level, so now natural order takes over. Those who got to float on by to platinum facing R4 5* have to grind just the same as I do facing nothing but 7R3 and 6R5a’s. Good. As it should be.
  • Options
    dxxnyxldxxnyxl Posts: 37
    @Etm34

The thing is that that the people who floated by to platinum facing R4 5 stars also had 5 star rank 4s, whilst you versed nothing but 7 star rank 3s and 6 star rank 5s.... get ready.... because you have 7 star rank 3s and 6 star rank 5s!!!!!
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

@Etm34

The thing is that that the people who floated by to platinum facing R4 5 stars also had 5 star rank 4s, whilst you versed nothing but 7 star rank 3s and 6 star rank 5s.... get ready.... because you have 7 star rank 3s and 6 star rank 5s!!!!!

That’s literally what I face already and have in every BG season, so I’ll be alright haha
  • Options
    @Etm34

You just contradicted yourself, you said: "New change is great. Everyone is level, so now natural order takes over. Those who got to float on by to platinum facing R4 5* have to grind just the same as I do facing nothing but 7R3 and 6R5a’s."

That makes no sense, now they have to grind so much more than you because they are facing players who are several progression stages higher whilst you are still facing people who are in your progression level. Your point doesn't make sense here....
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    dxxnyxl said:

@Etm34

You just contradicted yourself, you said: "New change is great. Everyone is level, so now natural order takes over. Those who got to float on by to platinum facing R4 5* have to grind just the same as I do facing nothing but 7R3 and 6R5a’s."

That makes no sense, now they have to grind so much more than you because they are facing players who are several progression stages higher whilst you are still facing people who are in your progression level. Your point doesn't make sense here....

Neither does a UC having access to 7*s....
  • Options
    edited June 25
    dxxnyxl said:

@Etm34

Nah, they fight the same 7R3s I do until those are gone from that tier (me included) Then the 7R2 accounts go, then the 6R5s, and so on. Thus, natural order. Realistically with an uncollected only roster of 6R1 and 5R4 you’re looking at probably a lower gold finish max, and that’s exactly where you should be.

Are you gonna be stuck in bronze or silver for a while longer than you’re accustomed to? Absolutely. But now the other valiants trying to push aren’t stunted at the expense of a lower level like you finishing above them because you got to face those who haven’t even beaten the collector and they had to face Necro explorers every match haha
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    So we have like 5 months of these posts left?
  • Options

So we have like 5 months of these posts left?

You know well they will never stop
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,734 ★★★★
    We'll get another flood of them every time there's any kind of push to participate for required content.

Just like every [Season] of [Negative Emotion] fight is introduced, we're flooded with claims of how much it sucks.
  • Options

dxxnyxl said:

@Etm34

Neither does a UC having access to 7*s....
    Kabam has made it like that with super daily events and incursions and magnetron crystals.
  • Options

We'll get another flood of them every time there's any kind of push to participate for required content.

Just like every [Season] of [Negative Emotion] fight is introduced, we're flooded with claims of how much it sucks.

Wait for tomorrow with the SoS fight