The Serpent not gaining the correct amount of Culforce charges

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
Right now he gains 1 charge per special attack, regardless of anything. This is compeltely wrong and should be fixed ASAP since it’s significantly lowering his power. According to his description, his sp1 should award 2 charges if you knock the enemy into a wall and the sp2 should award 3+1 from the power gain expiring.
@DNA3000 @Pikolu please pass this on he’s literally only doing half his damage right now…

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,360 Guardian

I just tested this and he gained three charges using SP2 to knock into the wall. Could you be more specific and provide evidence of where specifically you were seeing this?
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I just tested this and he gained three charges using SP2 to knock into the wall. Could you be more specific and provide evidence of where specifically you were seeing this?

Ok, I’ll get some evidence, because I saw it yesterday when playing him and expected it to be a widespread issue.
    Here you go, got the proof. As soon as the Hour of the Allfather expires he only gains 1 charge for both the sp1 and sp2, which of course, is a bug that significantly affects his performance.
    https://youtu.be/U3PVfeBW7uw?si=OqZsXvX9hJoVnOJm
    Who the hell is spamming the disagree? Just watch the video 😑
    At t=47s I see the HotA passive expire. At t=51s I see you throw an SP2. At t=55s the combat spam shows you gaining three charges. Since you’re at the 16 charge cap, there’s no way to know if you are actually receiving credit for all three, but I don’t see evidence you’re only gaining one.

To see if Serpent is actually gaining more than one charge, I replicated that circumstance but kept myself below the cap. Here’s Serpent v WS, just before the HotA passive expires. You can see I have 11 charges, I got to 12 due to a buff, then I throw a SP2. According to the combat spam I gain two charges, and my buff bar shows charges going from 12 to 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Eziv1rNdE
    If I’ve missed something, please point out specifically what you’re seeing that I’m overlooking.
    DNA3000 said:

At t=47s I see the HotA passive expire. At t=51s I see you throw an SP2. At t=55s the combat spam shows you gaining three charges. Since you’re at the 16 charge cap, there’s no way to know if you are actually receiving credit for all three, but I don’t see evidence you’re only gaining one.

To see if Serpent is actually gaining more than one charge, I replicated that circumstance but kept myself below the cap. Here’s Serpent v WS, just before the HotA passive expires. You can see I have 11 charges, I got to 12 due to a buff, then I throw a SP2. According to the combat spam I gain two charges, and my buff bar shows charges going from 12 to 14.

If I’ve missed something, please point out specifically what you’re seeing that I’m overlooking.

I’m talking about the fury he gains. Does this line mean that he only gains one fury regardless of how many culforce charges he gains? Let’s say he launches an sp2, does it only award a total of 2 and not 4 (how many culforce charges it would have been)? If so, then I’m wrong but it’s still quite stupid. Why would it be harder to ramp fury? I don’t get the design here.

DNA3000 said:

I’m talking about the fury he gains. Does this line mean that he only gains one fury regardless of how many culforce charges he gains? Let’s say he launches an sp2, does it only award a total of 2 and not 4 (how many culforce charges it would have been)? If so, then I’m wrong but it’s still quite stupid. Why would it be harder to ramp fury? I don’t get the design here.

I don’t know the intent, but the description as written states whenever he would gain one or more charges he gains a passive charge. The words “or more” implies however many charges he gains, he only gains one passive. If he was supposed to gain one passive per charge, it would simply state whenever he would gain a charge at the cap, he gains a fury passive instead, dropping the words “or more.”

You ask why it would be harder to ramp fury. But it isn’t “harder.” Rather, it is charge ramp up that is given a faster skill based ramp up path. We can see that in the fact that as a Battlegrounds attacker, Serpent starts off with four charges. The devs clearly were thinking about how long it would take to ramp him up, to the point of giving him four charges in BG where time is critical. But once you are ramped up, they didn’t seem to want players to be able to stack up tons of furies too quickly by continuing to gain them in big batches. I would not be surprised if Serpent started off gaining charges one at a time, and then gained ways to earn more than one charge at a time to accelerate ramp up during balancing.

I think Serpent is one of DLL’s champs. If so, I suspect this is something he thought through carefully. These mechanics seem non-random and well thought out and follow a consistent design path.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I don’t know the intent, but the description as written states whenever he would gain one or more charges he gains a passive charge. The words “or more” implies however many charges he gains, he only gains one passive. If he was supposed to gain one passive per charge, it would simply state whenever he would gain a charge at the cap, he gains a fury passive instead, dropping the words “or more.”

You ask why it would be harder to ramp fury. But it isn’t “harder.” Rather, it is charge ramp up that is given a faster skill based ramp up path. We can see that in the fact that as a Battlegrounds attacker, Serpent starts off with four charges. The devs clearly were thinking about how long it would take to ramp him up, to the point of giving him four charges in BG where time is critical. But once you are ramped up, they didn’t seem to want players to be able to stack up tons of furies too quickly by continuing to gain them in big batches. I would not be surprised if Serpent started off gaining charges one at a time, and then gained ways to earn more than one charge at a time to accelerate ramp up during balancing.

I think Serpent is one of DLL’s champs. If so, I suspect this is something he thought through carefully. These mechanics seem non-random and well thought out and follow a consistent design path.
    I don't know, but he's too slow for bg unless you're against an insanely high armor opponent, atleast he doesnt start at 0 though.