**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Stream Recap - July 5, 2024

Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 426 ★★★

Farewell to Jax

After 2 years, Jax is moving on from Kabam. In his time here, he has had an incredible impact on the game, especially in the community interactions. From the monthly streams, to the official discord, to the Battlerealm Brawl, he has been instrumental in so much that we do. Losing him, especially so soon after Miike, will definitely leave a hole. Once again, I'm sure the team would appreciate some grace as they adjust. As he steps down from this role, he will be succeeded by Dave, of Dork Lessons fame. If anyone is up to the task of filling Jax's shoes, it's him. We will miss Jax greatly, but I know Dave will do great in this role.

July Content - Stern Minds Prevail/Alpha Fight

The side quest is a simple structure, one quest each week for 4 weeks. Solo objectives and events tie into completing the quest.
Full Details/

Patriot/Leader

Patriot can gain large precision passives and gets extra combo for each hit. He places non damaging debuffs on himself, but counters the Inequity mastery. Easy access to Vigilance, and once built up, can trigger a reversal, countering the attack. He gains benefits for each debuff, and is anticipated to be an excellent Photon counter. He will have some good defensive utility, but is intended as a better attacker, especially in war and battlegrounds.
The Leader builds tons of spectre and wither debuffs, and rewards light intercepts. He has an AoE effect called the Green Door in the middle of the arena. The door starts closed, but once it opens, it deals damage when the opponent is standing on it. His kit is designed around reversing healing and power gain, and even increases the opponent's regen rate. He will likely be a decent dual threat in battlegrounds, especially against mystic opponents.
Deep Dives will go live over the weekend

AW Showcase #2: X-Magica

• Lowered Energy
  • Removed hardest defenders
  • Increased Rewards
  • New AW related nodes

Saga Incursions

• July 10 - Aug 4
  • Overseer/Shocker bosses
  • Magnetron crystals in Zones 1-10
  • Top rewards in Zone 15

Jax's Gift Code coming Monday @ 11am PDT
(Share it with your friends, share it with your momma)

Comments

• Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 869 ★★★
    Thanks for doing the gods work as always my friend!
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    What 7* Guardian?
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 426 ★★★

What 7* Guardian?

The gift code coming Monday is a free Guardian, rarity dependent on progression. Paragon+ get 7*
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,244 ★★★★
    Just took my Guardian to r3 the other day and pumped all my Arcade sig stones into him, this will put him at 120 now. Noice!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

What 7* Guardian?

I didn't see the stream but how do I get a 7 star Guardian.

Huge W as always.

Will miss jax, But thanks a lot for that 7* guardian, Finally I have a tech that's r3 worthy.

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,869 ★★★★★
    Guess my guardian will be awaken huh ... Now I may rank him eventually
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,847 ★★★★★
    @Ayden_noah1 There will be a promo code on Monday, use it on mcoc store to redeem 7* guardian
  • Options

@Ayden_noah1 There will be a promo code on Monday, use it on mcoc store to redeem 7* guardian

This means that I can rank 3 my Guardian on Monday. It was between him and Red Skull (unawaken). It was going to be whoever was awakened first and it looks like Guardian wins. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 269 ★★

This means that I can rank 3 my Guardian on Monday. It was between him and Red Skull (unawaken). It was going to be whoever was awakened first and it looks like Guardian wins. Thanks for the info.
    I would say red skull doesn't need dupe and can be helpful and tanky and benefits more at r3 where guardian can still be op at r2
    At the end it's your choice though 🙂
  • Options

I would say red skull doesn't need dupe and can be helpful and tanky and benefits more at r3 where guardian can still be op at r2
    I already have an unawaken Kilmonger at rank 3 out of 4 so I want my next rank 3 to be awaken. I do love Red Skull a lot. My other option was Onslaught but again he's unawaken and I have a rank 5 6 star already.
  • Options
    Lone_TigerLone_Tiger Posts: 5
    Do you guys know when aw showcase come out? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 718 ★★★

Do you guys know when aw showcase come out? Thanks in advance

Wednesday when new content goes live
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    Ahh man, I thought he's getting promoted.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,847 ★★★★★
    Where is the info about showcase and incursions? They said they'll post a announcement after the stream But I can't find it.

@KabamDORK any updates?
  • Options
    Shark524Shark524 Posts: 4
    Do we have an exact date for AW showcase?
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    God bless you Kabam jax
    It shall be well with you wherever you go
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 269 ★★

I already have an unawaken Kilmonger at rank 3 out of 4 so I want my next rank 3 to be awaken. I do love Red Skull a lot. My other option was Onslaught but again he's unawaken and I have a rank 5 6 star already.
    Bro what you have onslaught and u are not taking him to r3 bro really awakening only matters when that champ need the most if the champ is not affected by awakening then you can rank them unawaken and difference between r5 onslaught and r3 onslaught is quite massive in both attack and defence so going with onslaught or red skull would not be a bad thing
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 238 ★★★
    Will miss Jax. Will add more sigs to my R3 Guardian...🥳
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 570 ★★

@captain_rogers Where will the promo be?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,471 Guardian
    ** v45.1 UPDATE NOTES for JULY **

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v45-1-release-notes/

A lot of fixes listed in there, but in particular..

* Fixed an issue where Champions placed as defenders in Alliance War were sometimes missing Saga tactics badging (icon)

(For RAIDS in particular, hopefully those cross-fight Charges ? But wonder if this will include AEGON charges in general too after a crash like in other game modes ??)

* Fixed an issue with Champions losing Crossfight abilities after a crash in game modes with health penalties for fight recovery

* Fixed an issue with the M.O.D.O.K. Raids Boss not realizing Special Attacks were knocking him down. In his defense, he’s basically a cube. It was hard to tell.

(some alliances that were having enlist issues at start of the season)
    * Fixed an issue with Alliance leadership being unable to update both on and off-season Alliance War settings at the same time
    Fixed an issue with Alliance War Attackers incorrectly being able to join other quests

(and finally in game)
    * Made the Canadian tag visible in game menus (+ fixing 2014 Champ tag)

(and no more RED King Groot ?)
    * Fixed an issue with certain Champions unintentionally glowing red
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    Finally have a candidate for my tech rank 3 gem…

Tech is my weakest class by far and although I would like a HB or Warlock as rank 3, this should be a worthy rank up on Tuesday (Oz time).
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 716 ★★★
    Oh man. This complicates things in the best way. Was waiting to bring guardian to r2 when awakened. But now do I r3 him, awakened serpent, unawakened weapon x or sig 120 Angela (who I’m leaning toward).