**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Making BG fun with (no stress)

Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 128
Most people don't enjoy BG, and I can understand that frustration. I have found a few things that help make things easier and having more fun in the process.

1. Understand the metas and how they work.
2. Try to build a balanced deck in Class type and Offensive and Defensive Champions
3. Some metas have nuke champions but that's not the goal, try to win each fight with at least 75% health.
4. Don't be shy to face champions who you struggle with, because you will get better with practice and it's a good way to use energy in overflow. Also you might just find a counter to some annoying champs.
5. Hit the milestones but pace yourself. Burnout happens more often when you feel like you have to get everything done quickly, take time no need to rush, (Alliance not withstanding) I've been hitting goals in a good time frame.
6. The get good/skilled bullying is stupid and idiotic. Most people who play this game have a level of skill but nobody is perfect, nobody is solo the entire Necro without using revives. I've seen some of the best players struggle with content or specific fights. Also the game doesn't run perfectly all the time so sometimes things happen that are out of a players control.
7. It's just a game!!!! Unless you are a content creator or work for Kabam there is NO REASON to stress out about any content even if it has things you need for the chase of certain materials or champions.

I took time away from the game because I stopped enjoying it. It felt like a job more than a game, then I came back and challenged myself to push forward while finding a way to make it fun again. I never saw myself getting to PG much less winning fights against tough accounts in BG. My account is okay, and I'm definitely having fun.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

For every player, based on how much they play, how much they spend, and how good they are, there is a certain level of advancement that is relatively, but not totally easy to achieve. To go higher or faster requires more effort.

If you want more than what that level is, you’re going to have to do more than you’re comfortable doing. It’s when expectations fall out of balance of capabilities that players stop enjoying the game. If you can accept how much you can get, or you can accept the level of effort required to get what you want, the game’s fine.

It’s when you want, think you deserve, but don’t think you should have to do what it takes, that there will be problems.

Also, everything that’s hard to get today will be giving away tomorrow. So it’s not just about what you want, it’s also about whether you have to be among the first to get it. The rewards people are fighting over in BG will be in the calendar eventually. The people fighting for them now want to fight for them now, or at least should. If you don’t want to, you’re not goin to be left behind forever. You’ll just have to wait until the new stuff people are willing to fight over today become the easy to get stuff tomorrow. It’s not stuff that is expensive, it is impatience that is expensive. MCOC taxes impatience. And it’s a heavy tax. That tax pays for all the patient players to play for free.

Always good to get another person's view point. I hope what I said helps someone find that balance and fun to enjoy the game like I am now appreciate your thoughts DNA 🙏🏾
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    edited July 8
    That's why I just play for fun, and make some awesome discoveries along the way. BGs is not that seriois to me.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 297 ★★
    Twist1298 said:

Most people don't enjoy BG, and I can understand that frustration. I have found a few things that help make things easier and having more fun in the process.

2. Try to build a balanced deck in Class type and Offensive and Defensive Champions
    3. Some metas have nuke champions but that's not the goal, try to win each fight with at least 75% health.
    4. Don't be shy to face champions who you struggle with, because you will get better with practice and it's a good way to use energy in overflow. Also you might just find a counter to some annoying champs.
    5. Hit the milestones but pace yourself. Burnout happens more often when you feel like you have to get everything done quickly, take time no need to rush, (Alliance not withstanding) I've been hitting goals in a good time frame.
    6. The get good/skilled bullying is stupid and idiotic. Most people who play this game have a level of skill but nobody is perfect, nobody is solo the entire Necro without using revives. I've seen some of the best players struggle with content or specific fights. Also the game doesn't run perfectly all the time so sometimes things happen that are out of a players control.
    7. It's just a game!!!! Unless you are a content creator or work for Kabam there is NO REASON to stress out about any content even if it has things you need for the chase of certain materials or champions.

I took time away from the game because I stopped enjoying it. It felt like a job more than a game, then I came back and challenged myself to push forward while finding a way to make it fun again. I never saw myself getting to PG much less winning fights against tough accounts in BG. My account is okay, and I'm definitely having fun.

Can u make competitive race fun for everyone??

Top deck will have fun - they win by forefeits
    Mid level will get fun - they win vs lower, they can beat upper deck by draft/matchups
    Lower level - they win among same level maybe among mid level but they can't do much against top decks - they have the least fun .

Comparing how much time someone have to play BGs - that's fun/frustrating
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

I appreciate your positivity. I feel like every battlegrounds post I see is someone complaining, so thank you for both trying to help and being positive while doing so.

It's easy to be negative and we all want to find enjoyment in the game. Thank you for your positive response too.
  • Options
    Asher1_1 said:

Twist1298 said:

Can u make competitive race fun for everyone??

Top deck will have fun - they win by forefeits
    Mid level will get fun - they win vs lower, they can beat upper deck by draft/matchups
    Lower level - they win among same level maybe among mid level but they can't do much against top decks - they have the least fun .

Comparing how much time someone have to play BGs - that's fun/frustrating

Respectfully I definitely understand your point which is why I concentrated on things that can help those in the bottom to mid tiers. I understand that it's competitive mode but if you apply what I mentioned I have a good feeling that more people will find enjoyment in the mode, but unfortunately you can't satisfy everyone. Offer up a solid solution without being mean or pessimistic is step in the right direction 💯
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 339 ★★★

That's why I just play for fun, and make some awesome discoveries along the way. BGs is not that seriois to me.

My philosophy is that I’m always going for the 2-day objectives, and if I climb the ranks that way that’s a bonus.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 6,350 ★★★★★
    We got bg motivation posts before GTA VI 🗣️🗣️🗣️
  • Options

Glad you see it as motivation, and that's awesome. I just want everyone to enjoy the game because it's easy to be negative and having fun is what playing games is all about.
  • Options
    FeydRauthaFeydRautha Posts: 36
    Wish I could have that kind of attitude. Unfortunately, I take BG way too seriously like a sweaty try hard boi, almost to the point of life or death. I feel good when I crush my opponents but feel angry and vengeful when they wipe the floor with me. I used to go easy on players with weaker roster than me but some of them snagged sneaky wins with their sneaky play and strategy. So now I go Ultra Instinct mode on my opponents, no matter who they are. But the most satisfactory moment would be to defeat cocky bois who start spamming emotes after winning first round. The addlepated buffoons don't even realize I'm setting up more favorable rounds to achieve the ultimate victory! Oh how I laugh at their incompetence especially the ones that send me friend request after the match to probably harass me.
  • Options

Wish I could have that kind of attitude. Unfortunately, I take BG way too seriously like a sweaty try hard boi, almost to the point of life or death. I feel good when I crush my opponents but feel angry and vengeful when they wipe the floor with me. I used to go easy on players with weaker roster than me but some of them snagged sneaky wins with their sneaky play and strategy. So now I go Ultra Instinct mode on my opponents, no matter who they are. But the most satisfactory moment would be to defeat cocky bois who start spamming emotes after winning first round. The addlepated buffoons don't even realize I'm setting up more favorable rounds to achieve the ultimate victory! Oh how I laugh at their incompetence especially the ones that send me friend request after the match to probably harass me.

Yeah, The emote things can be slightly triggering but I just write it off. I wish there was a way to make custom ones or at least have your own collection I have some ideas. The RNG of the draft usually works against me because I have counters ready for my opponent but sometimes I get anxious and make a bad decision. That's one of the main reasons why I try to give myself grace of 75% health to allow for mistakes. I also take pride in winning against bigger accounts and I also know when I have a slim chance to get the W.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 6,350 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

Glad you see it as motivation, and that's awesome. I just want everyone to enjoy the game because it's easy to be negative and having fun is what playing games is all about.
    Agreed. Because most bg posts are just yaps about " unfair matchmaking " and seriously no one says what to do and what not to do, how to suceed in bgs.
  • Options

Twist1298 said:

Agreed. Because most bg posts are just yaps about " unfair matchmaking " and seriously no one says what to do and what not to do, how to suceed in bgs.

That's definitely what I was hoping for with my post, to give people a different approach to BG and a little bit of strategy. I understand the RNG and gameplay issues are a part of the issues but giving folks ideas for a better experience rather than being part of the Get good/Skill issue crowd makes things better. One thing I noticed about those types, they never have any gameplay showing their skills lmao.
  • Options
    Cuber2906Cuber2906 Posts: 44
    Bro im a tb playing bgs not only for megatron crystals but also for the 7* in diamond 1 . in the prev seasons ( ive played only 3 srsly so far) ive reached platinum 1 and diamond 2 respectively but in this season its been harder to play since platinum as my acc has improved a lot since 2 months ago so the pity wins i used to get in plat and diamond have reduced significantly and diamond one is tough to reach, any advice on how to progress there as only 8 days for season to end and i had a 11 lose streak yesterday which has been not gud for motivation. also im in diamond 4 atm mostly getting wins frm lower lvl paragons and fellow thronbreakers who have nearly 2 million acc rating whie i just got 1 million last week.( i reached thronebreaker last month)
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Git good... just kidding.

This is an awesome post.
  • Options
    Cuber2906Cuber2906 Posts: 44
    i dont rly have a stacked acccount thts the only issue i have atm but i aint complaining cuz im alrdy diamond 4 and decent matchmaking luck and not messing up can still get me diamond one which is my goal. Also the crystal rng hasnt been good for me as 3 of my 4 7* arent any exciting .
  • Options
    Cuber2906 said:

Bro im a tb playing bgs not only for megatron crystals but also for the 7* in diamond 1 . in the prev seasons ( ive played only 3 srsly so far) ive reached platinum 1 and diamond 2 respectively but in this season its been harder to play since platinum as my acc has improved a lot since 2 months ago so the pity wins i used to get in plat and diamond have reduced significantly and diamond one is tough to reach, any advice on how to progress there as only 8 days for season to end and i had a 11 lose streak yesterday which has been not gud for motivation. also im in diamond 4 atm mostly getting wins frm lower lvl paragons and fellow thronbreakers who have nearly 2 million acc rating whie i just got 1 million last week.( i reached thronebreaker last month)

I definitely understand that feeling of getting stuck, because of roster and trust me I get bad matches once I get in the upper tiers, but don't get discouraged. Just continue to grow your roster. It's a marathon not a sprint. My biggest L streak was 7 this season.. Congratulations on reaching TB so now save up and push for PG. I've only been PG for about a month but it makes a difference because as TB it's kinda in limbo honestly compared to PG or even Cav. At least as Cav you can build up 5* rosters quick and ascension allows you to get a idea of 6*R2 do damage wise treat it as a preview for certain champions and their abilities for rank ups also T1 dust is easier to acquire. OAN As Cav players you can get a full 5* for about 100 units from the shard offers which is another way to target specific champions. It may seem like a waste to end game players but I got lucky a few times got Magik and Quake both ascended and yes I definitely use them in questing and BG.
  • Options

Your post about CMM helped me remember how excited I was to get her as a 6* long ago and she absolutely cooks in this quest, also in VT meta as an Attacker.💯
  • Options
    Cuber2906 said:

i dont rly have a stacked acccount thts the only issue i have atm but i aint complaining cuz im alrdy diamond 4 and decent matchmaking luck and not messing up can still get me diamond one which is my goal. Also the crystal rng hasnt been good for me as 3 of my 4 7* arent any exciting .

I got lucky with my 7* pulls and I don't have a ton, but I have some who are definitely useful.
  • Options
    Just wanted to share my BG matchups today and how close fights are, and both accounts are close to mine