**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

FAM can solo every boss in the Paragauntlet

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,862 ★★★★★
I wasn't sure who I should bring into the Paragon Gauntlet, but eventually landed on a team consisting of CGR, Bullseye and Future Ant-Man. However, it turned out that I didn't need to ever use either CGR or Bullseye since Future Ant-Man bossed his way through the entire gauntlet all by his lonesome. I didn't go in with the intention of soloing every fight with him but once I got about halfway, I decided to try and see how well he'd fare against each of the bosses.

To my surprise, he was either good or outright great against all of them. I was lightly boosted but didn't even have to use any potions.

If you want a slightly deeper breakdown, here ya go. Unfortunately I didn't record my run but you'll get the text version:

Chee'ilth: This lady has a Whittle Down node, which does mess with FAM a bit. Not only does he not exactly dump debuffs on his opponents, Chee'lith shrugs off a lot of the ones he does throw at her. However, I quickly found a rhythm and while it took a little time to get her down, down she came.

MODOK: One of the bosses that I had the hardest time to find a counter for within the Saga tags. FAM works well since the bleed half of Biohazard is just free healing for him (as long as he's at max sig). I just took it slow. Parry MODOK and throw three quick punches before parrying him again. Just beware of the You Can't See Me - 2 node since it'll make you faltered after every fourth parry.

Sauron: Whittle Down is back. However, Sauron doesn't shrug any debuffs so it was easier to keep the ones I inflicted him with on him. If you know how to dex Sauron's specials, it's a very easy fight.

Vulture: Another easy fight. Just keep in mind that Vulture will be unblockable throughout it and that you'll be rooted during his specials, but other than that it's nothing to write home about. Nothing's holding FAM back.

Patriot: I was a little worried about how FAM would work here, but he outbossed this boss. Just don't inflict Patriot with any non-damaging debuffs (so no parry stuns) and it'll all be fine.

The Leader: I was worried about the Leader as well but FAM worked really well here too. He doesn't counter anything specific in the fight but is just a very solid general option.

Just a small PSA if anyone is struggling with the quest.

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,343 ★★★★
    edited July 15
    Nice write-up. I've got 3.2 left to explore and was curious who I'd use for this team when the time came. As far as who I used for MODOK when I was doing 1.2, I just brute forced him with Bullseye. I'd usually come out with like 15-25% health left due to Biohazard, but I think the fact Bullseye is r3 really helped just nuking him down and not having to worry about the Falter.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,854 ★★★★★
    Thx @Ercarret

Dr. Zola
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★
    Common fantman W
  • AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 150
    Future Antman is a workhorse. He is easily the best option for the Paragauntlet. Also an amazing attacker AND defender in this season of BGs..
  • HerohanoiHerohanoi Posts: 119 ★★
    edited July 15
    Another team I can recommend is Odin, Angela and Blackcat. Angela with Odin Pre crushes Modok (she ignores Autoblock and biohazard ). She can do the first five bosses, or you can use Odin against Vulture, Patriot. And for the Leader you can use Black Cat, she destroyed him.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 495 ★★★
    I used Moleman, Cgr, OS. Cgr took a while with Chee’ilth, but smoked Patriot. OS for Sauron. Moleman rinsed Modok and leader, took some concentration on Vulture. But no potions were harmed.
  • IlociaMIlociaM Posts: 91
    On my run I soloed the 6 bosses whit CGR but I would recommend bringing another champ for modok
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 112
    Moleman was my MVP but wish I would have thought about Fantman