We Deserve Answers.

2»

Comments

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

There's a harsh reality that's being ignored in this.

Someone is doing just fine with this meta, cause all the way down to Uru 3 is filled up.

So while we could all argue whether or not it was a well thought out design, the reality is that the vocal majority are upset because they aren't good at it.

I refuse to believe the folks sitting at the top of GC are there by dumb luck, cause they're all subject to the same RNG as the rest of us.

I'm sitting fat, dumb, and happy in Uru 3, but it's cause all I care about every season is making it to GC. Anything beyond Uru 3 is gravy to me, but I'm not gonna blame it on the nodes, cause the opponent is dealing with the same thing.

It's not dumb luck that gets them to the top, it's countless hours of grinding the game mode.
    Obviously players at the top are more skilled than us at the bottom, but they're all similar skill levels at the top and even the top players are mostly saying this meta sucks and it's too random.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★
    From what I've encountered, it seems that most competitive players (of which I consider myself) do not like this meta at all, while casual players find it very fun. That makes sense to me, I think I would like these nodes in a quest; the random nature of it has some potential to bring interesting interactions. It's only when you're trying to push to high ranks that the RNG can win or lose matches for you, or put you in an unwinnable situation. I don't feel that it's a problem though. Some metas will cater towards the competitive players, some will be more designed towards the casual. I won't like every meta and I don't have a problem with that. I'm hoping I'll enjoy next season's nodes more, but I know there will be plenty in the future that I won't,
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★
    To me the worst BG season was 15 I think with a terrible meta.

This one Im currently at Diamond II about to be Diam I and get the rewards....and Im not even Thronebreaker haha

If the Meta is difficult or not, it will depends on your roster. Luckily mine have five 7 stars, 3 6 stars R4 and a lot of Champs to upgrade.

To be true, im afraid to pull champs nowadays with so many to feed.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    edited July 16
    EdisonLaw said:

TrongNov said:

Just remove unblockable and crushed and it's good. However some debuffs can be detrimental to Juggs, the workhorse of BGs.

Yeah Juggs isn't good in this meta
    To be precise: juggs isn't good if you have bad RNG. If you are lucky and land on furies, prowesses or other buffs without getting a single debuffy you are good to go.
    Which also makes this node unfair
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

EdisonLaw said:

TrongNov said:

Just remove unblockable and crushed and it's good. However some debuffs can be detrimental to Juggs, the workhorse of BGs.

To be precise: juggs isn't good if you have bad RNG. If you are lucky and land on furies, prowesses or other buffs without getting a single debuffy you are good to go.
    And that’s why I said this meta is unpredictable. Like what if you’re fighting Bishop or Onslaught and they have like a shock or bleed on them
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 437 ★★★
    Yeah, I don't get the entitled comment. Had some good points and that one word destroyed the narrative.

I haven't banned Serpent because I'm too stubborn to do so. It's a risk. If they draft him and I miss out on mine, then it's whatever. I know I have to win the other 2. The issue is that you can have the perfect counter and still get completely wrecked in any matchup this season.

Yeah, the other player is in the same RNG boat, but there's already enough luck baked into a match to begin with. Doubling down with the node combo wasn't a good choice.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    benshb said:

EdisonLaw said:

TrongNov said:

Start with crush. Throw sp1, get gem, get armour break, repeat
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

There's a harsh reality that's being ignored in this.

Someone is doing just fine with this meta, cause all the way down to Uru 3 is filled up.

So while we could all argue whether or not it was a well thought out design, the reality is that the vocal majority are upset because they aren't good at it.

I refuse to believe the folks sitting at the top of GC are there by dumb luck, cause they're all subject to the same RNG as the rest of us.

I'm sitting fat, dumb, and happy in Uru 3, but it's cause all I care about every season is making it to GC. Anything beyond Uru 3 is gravy to me, but I'm not gonna blame it on the nodes, cause the opponent is dealing with the same thing.

The first point makes no sense. The fact we made it to GC in a different meta has no bearing on performance in this one.

You’re right that some (not me) are doing fine but the number of people in GC has nothing to do with it.