Who to rank 3

TheTrueElderTheTrueElder Member Posts: 31
So I pulled a 2-3 cosmic gem from 100% Act 8 and was gonna rank up knull unduped because he was the only cosmic I had. Then I pulled Hyperion. Who should I rank up to rank 3 now?

Comments

• MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 237
    Hyperion all day
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    It's tough, both do different things.

Hyperion is a much more straight foward champion, but is somewhat RNG dependant and you need to rely on either parries or heavy intercepts - plus he really needs his dupe to extend his buffs.

Knull shuts down all evades if you stick to his medium attacks (making him a potent Bullseye counter) and is not so RNG dependant, but he also really needs his dupe (and ideally a higher sig) to speed his ramp up and damage potential and making him viable on defence.

I'd probably lean more towards Hyperion but if you're able to wait and see if you can awaken either of them it might be worthwhile. Of course if this is the last step for you to get Valiant then honestly go with either of them, but you'll probably get more use out of Hyperion.
  • Zephyre33Zephyre33 Member Posts: 180
    i have a r3 knull and he is an absolute monster he does needs the awakening for easy ramp but r3 knull does some nutty damage hype is good too but hes ok at r2 he does not have any utility besides power gain and poison immunity
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    Zephyre33 said:

i have a r3 knull and he is an absolute monster he does needs the awakening for easy ramp but r3 knull does some nutty damage hype is good too but hes ok at r2 he does not have any utility besides power gain and poison immunity

He has regen too once sp3 is used which has been extremely useful for sustaining him in quests
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Zephyre33 said:

You’d be surprised how versatile Hyperion is, the power gain lets him get around so many tricky match ups, he’s position immune, has access to a lot of buffs, he has armor breaks, incinerate DOT, and just some amazing damage. I’ve been using my R3 in war and he’s been an MVP. If you can awaken him I’d absolutely take him to R3.

That being said I feel like unduped Knull is better than unduped Hyperion. You really need the extra buff duration to capitalize on the furries, they just fall off too quickly otherwise. He’s still usable but he feels so much better once you dupe him. I took Knull to R2 unduped and yes there’s abit more ramp up for him unduped but he’s still got basically all his utility and damage potential.

Whichever you choose, you can’t go wrong with either of them.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Unduped I'm ranking Knull.
    Duped, I'm ranking knull just because i love the character design, but duped Hype is probably the "better" champ because people like big easy to access damage.

Knull wants higher sig to do damage faster. Hype only needs the first dupe.
  • TheTrueElderTheTrueElder Member Posts: 31

Zephyre33 said:

You’d be surprised how versatile Hyperion is, the power gain lets him get around so many tricky match ups, he’s position immune, has access to a lot of buffs, he has armor breaks, incinerate DOT, and just some amazing damage. I’ve been using my R3 in war and he’s been an MVP. If you can awaken him I’d absolutely take him to R3.

That being said I feel like unduped Knull is better than unduped Hyperion. You really need the extra buff duration to capitalize on the furries, they just fall off too quickly otherwise. He’s still usable but he feels so much better once you dupe him. I took Knull to R2 unduped and yes there’s abit more ramp up for him unduped but he’s still got basically all his utility and damage potential.

Whichever you choose, you can’t go wrong with either of them.
    Yeah I do love them both. I also noticed that I did buy the platinum pass so, I’m guaranteed a 7* beta ray bill(assuming paragon players get him which they should.) If he ends up being really good, he could even be an option cause I am 100% he’ll have to be cosmic.