Super Daily Event AFFECTS FTP

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★

CesarSV7 said:

First of all, Once you spend (Sigil) you are not a FTP anymore.

As an actual FTP player, I like the super daily event. It makes your gameplay less of a chore. And you can freely grind in whatever mode you want. It gives you more gold when compared to the RNG uncollected gold crystals. And plus rank up materials that would cost you more resources to attain. 750 7*shards a day. You get more from this than most eq or side quest in a month. Not to mention T4 alphas which you can’t find easily which swiping that card.

So I’m not sure what you are on about.

That's why when I explained I said I was Sigil to Play, not because I want to but because I CAN'T compete in arena without it.
    That's not a thing. You spend money, you are P2W. You can compete with P2W players, you are not playing from the perspetive of a F2P players

Can we stop this pay to "win" bs?...
    You don't see us calling others Free to leech..
    Its like free players wear a magic cape and a badge and feel special when all they do is complain about not getting stuff...
    Why so hostile towards F2P people? Literally every comment on this thread from you is talking down on them (going so far as to call them leeches in this comment). Chill.

As for the second part of your comment, it goes the other way too. Every sale, there are tons of spenders whining that the sales aren't good enough, and don't contain enough of [resource]. Maybe that's just the casual spenders, but it seems to me like spenders feel special, and complain when they don't feel like they got enough stuff.
    I called them leeches after they call spenders P2W didn't I?
    As your second part, well if they buy something that they don't think its a good deal they are pretty damn stupid in my book...
  • Hussain_SardarHussain_Sardar Member Posts: 7
    Screw 22/7 hrs event... I like super event...
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337

I

Dorky said:

Unyonface said:

This may be controversial, but they gonna put it behind a paywall so all the FTP players can start thinking about spending.

I wonder what would happen if those who want the daily super, would be on a pay wall? Would they like it then?
    They will probably cry, kick, scream. Call them money grabs and do all the stuff they ever do while playing a game for free...
    Oh I forgot, they will also threaten to quit.
    Right. Let's bring back super event but to pay for it. I'm down if that's the case.

CesarSV7 said:

First of all, Once you spend (Sigil) you are not a FTP anymore.

As an actual FTP player, I like the super daily event. It makes your gameplay less of a chore. And you can freely grind in whatever mode you want. It gives you more gold when compared to the RNG uncollected gold crystals. And plus rank up materials that would cost you more resources to attain. 750 7*shards a day. You get more from this than most eq or side quest in a month. Not to mention T4 alphas which you can’t find easily which swiping that card.

So I’m not sure what you are on about.

That's why when I explained I said I was Sigil to Play, not because I want to but because I CAN'T compete in arena without it.

If you are not a competitive player and play casual, this doesn't affect you. The post is related for people who are Competitive, FTP/STP, and grind the game on a daily basis. If One of those is not you, you won't understand.
    Spending on Sigil is part of spending. It’s not ground breaking spending, but you are still paying for a service.
    I started playing this game with $0 spent, 6-7years later it’s still at $0 spent. Valiant, a pretty decent roster with 8 7* r3s. skill wise - below average. Make it to BG GC circuit every season except the first 2. I don’t push after I reach GC and just play the objectives.
    I do a bit of everything. And for arena grinds. I only do up to a certain milestone.
    Ie: 1-4* 600k
    5-7* - 4mil
    6-7* 3mil

Clear all story content, except for Fintechs which I’m about to do in the coming weeks.

When you say being competitive,
    In BG - I am until I reach my peak. Uru 3 is more than good for me.

So in terms of competitiveness I only compete when I need to. The only difference I see you comparing is the arena grinds. With 6* shards being a far more easier access now a days and with feature crystals, you can have a high probability of getting the champs even without the arena grind.

Like I said before, the 22hrs and 7hrs is more like a chore. And it sucks more when the arena objective is on the Sunday arena. I was actually able to get to 800k-1mil and 4.5mil -6 mil.
    The super daily solo gave people more freedom, to grind and play other modes of the game and the rewards are not RNG based.

I don’t think the super daily solo affected “FTP” as much as you say.
    Ummm you don't speak for me. I didn't really grind anything tbh. I just autofighted road to labs lol. That's not grinding. That's being lazy for grinding. Just saying.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I actually think you need more paragraphs.
    Just play the game.
    007Bishop said:

You could have put your time to better use my g. All this to be disagreed into oblivion. The fact is the Super Daily Event is beneficial to EVERYONE, 22 hour solo events are not. The SDE also gave people access to rank 3 materials.

Who's everyone? Don't say everyone because not everyone can agree.
    edited July 24

Dorky said:

007Bishop said:

You could have put your time to better use my g. All this to be disagreed into oblivion. The fact is the Super Daily Event is beneficial to EVERYONE, 22 hour solo events are not. The SDE also gave people access to rank 3 materials.

Who's everyone? Don't say everyone because not everyone can agree.
    I'm pretty sure if there ever was an opinion that was closest to being a fact, "The fact is the Super Daily Event is beneficial to EVERYONE" would be it because it was beneficial to everyone.
    Well that's your opinion but not everyone can agree. But the fact is not everyone can agree. How was it beneficial? Took away shards from calendars, took away relic shards and embers, took away the grind. But then again no one likes to grind anymore unless it's handed to them on a platter. I'm ok with it being being a paywall. Let's see if you and those who like it will agree with it being on a paywall.
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    I am FTP valient but I don't want 22h and 7 h. Also as per op's calculation. To achieve those gold and attack boosts. You need to complete every 7hrs event. IMO that's impossible. We all have lives we can't be online for whole day to grind those useless things..

Super event is quite easy and giving good and rare stuff. I will grind somewhere else. But T4A and 7* shards is so good.and apart from that you can select the resources from the selector.. because of super event I have 15 attack bonus in my stash. I don't remember when I had that much attack bonus. Because I never completed 7hrs event except class advancement.

It is my humble request to kabam to bring back the super event.
    Oh damn, are you really free to play?
  • TrunkoTrunko Member Posts: 27
    All I read was “sigil to play” and was like what the….
  • CesarSV7CesarSV7 Member Posts: 66
    DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

How does Super Daily Event affect FTP/STP through arena grinding?
    Simple, we will have to reduce the amount of lower star level champs ranked for the grind, we won't be able to boost every match of our 3 day grind (9h per day minimum) or our champions, making us UNABLE TO COMPETE for a featured champion and maybe for upcoming 7* arenas.

First of all, only 400-800 players actually earn the featured champ, out of the tens of thousands of arena grinders and hundreds of thousands of players. This sort of impact would be trivial, and focused on players who need the least amount of help, assuming the impact was actually material in the first place.

Second, while the Daily Super Event does have less gold, that's largely compensated for by the gold and ISO in the Traders Outpost. I can't imagine any player concerned about gold not taking advantage of that option. It is progression sensitive, but for Valiant players that's an additional 3 million gold per week, or about 12 million gold per month. The net impact of the Outpost offers and the switch to the Super Daily was still net positive for gold.

Third, absolutely no one grinding at the level you claim to be should have any problems with gold, even if they were not specifically targeting featured champs. You would need to be doing hundreds of rounds of arena every cycle to hit the featured champ every single time, as you claim to be doing. That is millions more gold. Ever since I became an arena grinder, I have never had an issue with gold. Which was about seven years ago.

Fourth, your arena points are based on a base rarity bonus plus 25% of your own PI plus 30% of opponent PI plus a synergy bonus. So a 15% attack bonus would be increasing your points by significantly less than 15% of 25% of maybe 50%-60%. So like maybe 1-2%. They would also speed you up slightly, but most arena fights are over quickly enough that overhead significantly dilute fight speed increases.

The gold thing would have been a problem absent the Outpost additions (I even pointed it out to the devs initially), but my own experience is that nope, in the context of the Outpost offer it doesn't really matter. The boost thing matters a little, but in the specific context of what players can achieve in the arena, the temperature of their phones probably matter more. And outside of the arena few players actually need that many attack boosts.

Also, you're going to have to explain how you are capable of snagging literally every single featured champ (minus one, as you claim) in the arenas and still have enough time to max out all the 22hr and 7hr solo events to actually get all those rewards, since you are comparing the maximum possible rewards from solo events to the Super Daily. That comparison is only relevant to players who were originally get all or nearly all of them. As an arena grinder, I know it was possible to get most of them for a high activity player. But not all of them.
    From my perspective, the impact isn't material, it's actually based on not having an option to compete in this game by taking away the grinding resources even though I invest hundreds of hours to achieve this.

Traders outpost does have a 300k gold bundles as you state, however I also need rank up mats and sig stones so I choose to buy out bundles 4 & 5. I have to choose between one or another. With the 7h and 22h solo events I get the gold, no need to choose between bundle 6.

My problem with gold relies on me starting the game when 6* r2 champs were already out. I have to go through the process of building my account including 4,5 and 6*s on top of the recent 7*s. Leveling and ranking them up and also ascending the 6*s consume lots of gold. Add the amounts of gold spent in deals like Caps Commissary Event...

My arena grinding is based off of speed. I have an all attack no defense mastery setup with highest PI possible. Add 20% Green, 15% Yellow and 15% red boosts on every fight. When using 7*s I use bigger Boosts. So to explain this, I end fights without throwing any specials or one sp1 is enough. Like you said, arena grinding for featured champs requires an average of 700 - 800 rounds for my account, multiply the number of matches (3 per round), times the number of rounds, and even if we are talking about 3sec per fight, 9 per round, 7,200 sec for 800 fights. That's 120min = 2h of less play and more points. Which tbh its more than 3sec, do to the need of AI and maybe having to bait specials.

I have a fan integrated on my phone btw, no problem with temperature. And I don't use boosts in any other game mode except arena.

How can I manage to get all of the featured champs? Strategy. Sigil, Mastery setup, boosts, cycles between 7, 6 & 5* champs, knowing what days to grind, specially when new content is released like tomorrow's BGs, knowing the hype about a champ, hours and hours of hard work. All of 7h and 22h solo events can be easily grinded with the right amount of time. Actually, arenas helps out in majority of those, two birds with one stone.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,694 ★★★★★
    CesarSV7 said:

Let's be real, Kabam will keep adding stuff for spenders, that's what keeps the company and this game alive. And It's Ok.

All I am asking is that they don't take away the only resource that non spenders or STP players have in order to compete in this game. And by this I mean a chance to earn featured champs in Arena or maybe soon to come 7*s by taking away our grinding resources from 7h and 22h events.

And for those that will say "But you still get those resources on Super Daily". I've done the math it's less than half and even spenders have EASY access to that without grinding.

Let be real the sigil only help one loadings the next match if you neeed that’s to stay relevant maybe it time to rethink how important it really is because for me it sounds like you’re just trying to get everything new from arean with it fine but that’s can let you to burn out
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    with my mini cav account .. the super event had a massive impact in its short time in the game on that account. Via the 200 7* shards a day i was able to get the 1st 7* hero and with that to get the BG solo points necessary for the 2nd 7* crystal in that month. Yes they were the 10k specials but makes a big difference at this account level with only a handful of 6r3s mostly not max level.
    It really does give incentive to play daily and really achieves the purpose to drive more engagement.
    Prior to the event, my main was played daily and mini gets ignored until there are a great event that moves the dial with alot of rewards with minimal effort. Sometimes weeks go by without touching that account.

While the event is gone... it does give me some incentive to push some content, while not difficult .. does take time i normally don't make for this account.

really hope this super daily makes its return sooner rather than later.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    All that yap for nothing.

Actually this is one of the most FTP friendly game mode ever. How else do you think uncollected players can get 3k 7* shards a month without spending a penny.