AI issues even busting PlatPool

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
So I was excited to finally get all of the pieces for 7* platinum pool. I haven’t used my low ranked 6 star much because 7 stars were faster for auto play.

Threw platpool in to watch the 2 star defenders in EQ disappear quickly as I gathered some units… except it was anything but fast.

Sure the screen animations were fast… but

1) Platinum pool simply won’t finish a combo. Most of the time he looks like he is hercules trying to ramp without the intercept. One punch, dash back, hold block. One punch, dash back, hold block. Why??

2) The autoplay defender is just as passive. Hold block forever… dash back when in doubt. Most fights ended after 15 seconds when platpool decided to try a heavy out of the blue in between his best Hercules impersonation.

3) and then he randomly decides he is Valkyrie and with 3 pierce charges. “Oh no! I didn’t hit the block and made actual contact, retreat!” I thought his fight with 2 star Hela was going to reach necropolis levels of fight time.

This isn’t a rage quit scenario or boycott Kabam comment. It’s just an encouragement for kabam devs to look at and acknowledge the obvious. The AI is absurd across the game. It didn’t used to be this bad - not all. Whatever changed needs undone.

Comments

• SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    I find Shuri and Antman quite painful to auto fight in EQs, some champs are just better at auto fights. Kingpin, Doom, Abs man, Hulk, Apoc w/ Sinister etc.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    A while back when I was auto-fighting through act 4 to explore it the ai managed to eat a 39 hit combo from an energize magik.

Just a couple months ago when I was auto-fighting rol my gorr managed to rack up a 43 hit combo for himself, I was pretty impressed lol.

The ai is quite wacky sometimes.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

That's why juggernaut with 3* Colossus is best autoplay, he starts the fight with 3 unstoppable with this syngery and somehow that makes him very aggresive.

Why a 3* Colossus specifically?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian

PT_99 said:

That's why juggernaut with 3* Colossus is best autoplay, he starts the fight with 3 unstoppable with this syngery and somehow that makes him very aggresive.

Why a 3* Colossus specifically?
    Probably just to keep him low enough compared to Pi of Jugg, so that Auto Fight Champ select does not choose Colossus instead if Jugg loses some health along the way in the quest.

Same for Auto-Play PlatPool, you want other champs to be well enough lower of PI so that fast PlatPool is the one chose to Auto-Fight the whole way thru a quest.