Synergy

LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
edited August 2 in General Discussion
whats a cool synergy that came out in the last year, i feel like synergies are not talked about much with recent champ releases so wanted to know peoples personal favourite synergies that have come out within the last year.

This is also because i’m ignorant on the topic and wanted to some cool ones i overlooked.

Comments

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    Spiderpunk and prowler have a pretty cool set up, they both get the reverse controls toggle, prowler's drain becomes a burn, and punk puts a rupture when the opponent gains power from something other then normal combat, nothing earth shattering, but plays nicely into both their kits.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Not previous year, But the most cool synergy imo is Nimrod + Omega sentinel.

With this synergy, Omega sentinel applies shock for each non contact hit on opponent special. Basically, champs like deadpool og will get one shock since they have one hit special, While champs like punisher and falcon sp1 will get multiple shocks since they have multi hit specials. This is a unique interaction can't be seen in any other champ. You're punishing opponents for having more hits in their specials.

It also allows Nimrod to apply incenerates against shock immune, So He can take more matchups. I always use Nimrod with OS synergy to take down dusts in war.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★

Not previous year, But the most cool synergy imo is Nimrod + Omega sentinel.

With this synergy, Omega sentinel applies shock for each non contact hit on opponent special. Basically, champs like deadpool og will get one shock since they have one hit special, While champs like punisher and falcon sp1 will get multiple shocks since they have multi hit specials. This is a unique interaction can't be seen in any other champ. You're punishing opponents for having more hits in their specials.

It also allows Nimrod to apply incenerates against shock immune, So He can take more matchups. I always use Nimrod with OS synergy to take down dusts in war.

Yeah i’ve used this a lot before. Whenever eq has a mutant they always put shock immune lol, so i bring out os + nimrod. Also whenever the tech quest in eq ramps the tech champ whenever a shock is applied it makes os go crazy.
    Ortoun said:

Spiderpunk and prowler have a pretty cool set up, they both get the reverse controls toggle, prowler's drain becomes a burn, and punk puts a rupture when the opponent gains power from something other then normal combat, nothing earth shattering, but plays nicely into both their kits.

I don’t have them yet but when i do i’ll definitely give it a try.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    Gladiator + white tiger synergy is pretty nice for gladiator.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    It’s not New, but it’s been my favourite synergy of all time and that’s stealthy with scorpion. Permanent upkeep of slow with stealthy, that combined with his crits and I think he’s an absolute wrecker.

Used the pair of them so much in act seven and eight.

I wonder if synergies aren't massively talked about any more though because a lot of the content has moved onto Battle grounds, war and hard content like necro/WoW/SoS where it’s necessary to have counters to actual champs/nodes rather than having two boosted champs through a synergy.

Gladiator + white tiger synergy is pretty nice for gladiator.

Yh, but i find it stressful for white tiger tbh. The power steal cool down is unpredictable so i don’t know if i can push them to sp3 safely or not
    Glassback said:

It’s not New, but it’s been my favourite synergy of all time and that’s stealthy with scorpion. Permanent upkeep of slow with stealthy, that combined with his crits and I think he’s an absolute wrecker.

I wonder if synergies aren't massively talked about any more though because a lot of the content has moved onto Battle grounds, war and hard content like necro/WoW/SoS where it’s necessary to have counters to actual champs/nodes rather than having two boosted champs through a synergy.

Probably, most champs are now checked through the lens of battleground which i understand tbh, it’s the most fun and reoccurring game modes. Also i’ve been on the hunt for scorp for the longest time.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★
    Glassback said:

ADD VENOM! Scorp gets perm furies, Venom gets power gains with new symb buffs. it’s just stupid fun, AND effective.