Not sure what to do now

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
So I opened both my crucible crystals and pulled a Man-Thing and a Wags. Definitely happy with the Man-Thing and I’m decently happy with Wags but I didn’t get my most wanted (P2099) so I’m still left a little disappointed.

We get a guaranteed champ of our choice with the token things and I would’ve 100% picked P2099 if I got him from the rewards here and taken him straight to r3, but now I don’t know if I’ll be able to get him awakened for a while if I do pick him

Not sure if there are any additional reunion crystals up for grabs that don’t involve money but I’m trying to do a little planning ahead. What do y’all think? Man-Thing is still a good defender and the 7* juice along with him negating crits and stalling can be really useful. Might actually r3 him for the fun of it but I also want P2099. His awakened ability is nice to have since he starts with battery but ik he’s still good without it

Not sure what to do now 31 votes

Grab another Man-Thing
12%
SpadeHunterDiegog2000EquintsBrill_14 4 votes
Take P2099 anyway
87%
PantherusNZBigTuna_2054AKTEKcscale0725_gmaildfmoore26Creeper_Man_81PikoluSagacious0wlcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeBeastDadChiefGoatYodabolt21NONYABIZZThePredator1001Wasy1NortherehOliver345781MasterAPT_99 27 votes

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Take P2099 anyway

Unpopular opinion but the dupe isn't even that important. It gives you 25 charges but you gain charges every 3.50 secs so the dupe is barely buying what like 10 secs? If you're competing in Celestial that can make a difference but the chances you'll lose a match in lower GC tiers because of those 10 secs are slim. I'd still go P2099 personally.

100 percent agree
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,208 ★★★★★
    👀👀👀

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Unpopular opinion but the dupe isn't even that important. It gives you 25 charges but you gain charges every 3.50 secs so the dupe is barely buying what like 10 secs? If you're competing in Celestial that can make a difference but the chances you'll lose a match in lower GC tiers because of those 10 secs are slim. I'd still go P2099 personally.

I agree but it’s more so about just having the dupe if that makes sense. I wanted to r3 either him or MT and tech is already the class I have the most r3’s in. If I duped him I still would’ve done it easily, but it’s a little more hesitant now despite him easily being the best dual of everyone. Man-Thing doesn’t really need his dupe but I’d like the shiny silver stars if I were to r3 him. Idk though, I think you’re right, I should probably still go for 2099. I hope there’s another opportunity to get him duped
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Take P2099 anyway
    Emilia90 said:

I agree but it’s more so about just having the dupe if that makes sense. I wanted to r3 either him or MT and tech is already the class I have the most r3’s in. If I duped him I still would’ve done it easily, but it’s a little more hesitant now despite him easily being the best dual of everyone. Man-Thing doesn’t really need his dupe but I’d like the shiny silver stars if I were to r3 him. Idk though, I think you’re right, I should probably still go for 2099. I hope there’s another opportunity to get him duped
    Oh if you want those silver starts then yeah definitely Man-Thing, a r3 awakened Man-Thing would be such a tank. I think people are underestimating him too much when they say things like "more Hulk food" cause it really wouldn't be a quick 30 sec fight.
    I thought you like other people weren't sure about how good he was unawakened so that's why I said he's still great with or without it.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Oh if you want those silver starts then yeah definitely Man-Thing, a r3 awakened Man-Thing would be such a tank. I think people are underestimating him too much when they say things like "more Hulk food" cause it really wouldn't be a quick 30 sec fight.
    I thought you like other people weren't sure about how good he was unawakened so that's why I said he's still great with or without it.
    Oh yeah I know some people underestimate him unawakened but I’ve already seen how good he is. Definitely a little slower but still fantastic

I think I’ve decided to take P2099 anyway since I’m sure awakening gems will come at some point. Honestly wouldn’t mind if they released a unit deal for a reunion awakening gem or something lol. I’d take it just for him. I’ll just r2 MT for now
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,080 ★★★★★
    Take P2099 anyway
    Punisher is the safe choice, best dual threat option in this crystal
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,080 ★★★★★