McoC - 1 champ per week - Ep.29 - Yondu🔷

peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★
edited August 12 in General Discussion
"I don't use my head to fly the arrow boy, I use my heart..."

...Yondu Udonta
Ooohbaleeeebalooooo

Yondu a champ not talked too much and most of times forgetted. He has a great arrow attack pressing high at medium distance.

If you're a proud Yondu owner, share some love 🔷to him and your tips here 👍

This series is a collab research that you can share here, so, it's not my topic, but it's a community insight

Let's talk about this champ secrets, synergies, best relics and counters when fight against Yondu

Aunt mai info
https://auntm.ai/champions/yondu/tier/6

Suggestions to improve are welcome
😊👍

Our next champ will be Bishop 🟡

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★
    Found this great Yondu video rotation after his buff against champs that gain Armor, regenerates, and prowess.

https://youtu.be/iIbbFYqs27I?si=wTJ9HPaPhdhogfiP
    Yt video 👆

@Kingering_King any rotation moves for Yondu?
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 856 ★★★

Found this great Yondu video rotation after his buff against champs that gain Armor, regenerates, and prowess.

https://youtu.be/iIbbFYqs27I?si=wTJ9HPaPhdhogfiP
    Yt video 👆

@Kingering_King any rotation moves for Yondu?

He’s pretty straight forward, I find I rely on the sp2 for fury’s which give some big damage.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    He's good but I wished he applied ruptures instead of bleed as many mutants like Sauron, Omega Red, Cable Onslaught especially don't respond well to bleed.

I know @Cat_Murdock really likes him though
  • Cat_MurdockCat_Murdock Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,019 Content Creator
    edited August 14
    EdisonLaw said:

He's good but I wished he applied ruptures instead of bleed as many mutants like Sauron, Omega Red, Cable Onslaught especially don't respond well to bleed.

I know @Cat_Murdock really likes him though

I do! Love that guy. He has been incredibly useful to me.

A lot of people judge Yondu on the surface based on his damage, which in my opinion is the wrong thing to focus on. What’s so good about Yondu is his incredible sustainability. When he’s awakened, he’s going to place Weaknesses on the opponent when they use a special attack, based on how many debuffs they had on them at the time. What makes this so powerful is that they apply AFTER the Defender’s damage modifications. So any of their furies, prowess, etc, all that’s going to be kneecapped. He is one of my favorite Incursions champions for this reason (along with fun Hack combinations). Undexable specials pose very little threat. You could face a Punisher 2099 with 60,000 attack and block his specials, something that would be a quick death sentence for others from chip damage, and you’ll take only a few % damage on Block with Yondu provided you ensure he has some debuffs on him. You can survive a lot with his sig. You can tank a lot of Special 3s with him as well!

I like to primarily stick to his sp1 over the sp2 because it will keep more debuffs on the opponent (more weakness!) including bleeds which are an important portion of his damage. The SP2 I use if the opponent has been able to throw a bunch of specials (since that will make it stronger), as a fight finisher, or if I don’t need Weakness. It’s pretty crit reliant, but the furies to stick around for a bit afterwards which increases his bleed damage and that’s nice.

He has his own built in version of Collar Tech, reducing the opponents combat power rate per debuff on them up to -50%

Also his Armor Removal is not a nullify, and therefore can sneak through when Nullify can’t.

He’s got a very long heal block if the opponent is healing when you apply it, and the shorter version and longer version of this debuff will stack on top of each other if you are able to apply both, adding to your Debuff count for weaknesses.

I dont use his sp3 very often but the Special Concussion from it has saved me a few times, like once in War during that one Prowess meta, I got sp3’d by a Havok after I used it and normally thats death, but between Special Concussion and Weaknesses, I took like no damage.

He does fun things like crit through block, apply bleeds through block. Some of his basics are Non-Contact attacks which also comes in handy. His Yaka arrow animations and sound effects are fun.

He’s neat. Let me know if you have any questions, I love to spread the Yondu love
    🆕 Tips when fight against Yondu

When you have lot of distance (more than one evade distance) between you and him, his dash attack is a punch and you can parry him normally.

However if you are closer than this, his dash attack is the arrow and it can bleed/armor break you through your parry. So when he doesn’t have an L1 to bait, it’s best to keep your distance to minimize any chance of his arrow ruining your day

If you accidentally push him to his sp2, there is a way to evade it. First dodge his arrow, then look at his left hand, it's down. Once he completely lifts it up(not lifting it), that when you evade (only one swipe back). But try your absolute best to bait his sp1,this is just an emergency plan if you accidentally push him. If you think you can't do it then just block.

And

Thanks to @Kingering_King , @EdisonLaw and @Cat_Murdock for the insightfull help here
    😊
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★

🆕 Tips when fight against Yondu

When you have lot of distance (more than one evade distance) between you and him, his dash attack is a punch and you can parry him normally.

However if you are closer than this, his dash attack is the arrow and it can bleed/armor break you through your parry. So when he doesn’t have an L1 to bait, it’s best to keep your distance to minimize any chance of his arrow ruining your day

If you accidentally push him to his sp2, there is a way to evade it. First dodge his arrow, then look at his left hand, it's down. Once he completely lifts it up(not lifting it), that when you evade (only one swipe back). But try your absolute best to bait his sp1,this is just an emergency plan if you accidentally push him. If you think you can't do it then just block.

And

Thanks to @Kingering_King , @EdisonLaw and @Cat_Murdock for the insightfull help here
    😊

Additionally champions who can parry projectiles will excel in countering him
    Thanks! Maybe Ronin, Próxima, Angela and Guardian

Found the Centaurian guide synergies

Link =https://www.marvelsynergy.com/champions/yondu

And as every Mcoc 1 champ per week are linked here the previous
    Nick Fury= https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/373150/mcoc-1-champ-per-week-ep-28-nick-fury

Next champ will be Bishop 🟡