Tech 2-3 gem choice (Guardian vs Prowler)

BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 868 ★★★
It’s for battleground purposes. I’m gonna r2 the one I don’t r3 anyways

Tech 2-3 gem choice (Guardian vs Prowler) 83 votes

Guardian (sig 20)
67%
Spity68Ragnarok13Mhd20034cscale0725_gmailxakareeeRockSlyde10or_StrongGrootman1294Rajdeep1997blurblotAleort123459spiderbites0196Sagacious0wlSpadeHunterKingsKrewTotalMonster110Jordan9859captain_rogersItsClobberinTime 56 votes
Prowler (unduped)
32%
7abo2aTeddersLucky7LucianoMegatronOGOurobørosTJ107PikolusvilariumDiegog2000Ben_15455XenagosIoniqus_797Paul_RuddElwindThePredator1001CyrillFromTulaUltragamerorpimeSDarkraw346Nuclear 27 votes

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)
    If prowler was duped I'd give it to him
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 868 ★★★

I think both are overrated, but r3-worthy tech champs are hard to find. I’m not saying they’re bad, but lots of people seem to think they are A+ champs, when I would go more B+. Neither compares to the r3 worthy champs in other classes. Just IMO, of course.

Well who would you use a tech gem on then lol
    Tech isn’t really the strongest class, the only one I’d say is a better choice is Red Skull? Maybe Hulkbuster?
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,340 ★★★★★

I think both are overrated, but r3-worthy tech champs are hard to find. I’m not saying they’re bad, but lots of people seem to think they are A+ champs, when I would go more B+. Neither compares to the r3 worthy champs in other classes. Just IMO, of course.

Guardian can be a nuke on attack with the HB relic and his tankiness and sig ability can allow him to take matchups like bullseye, photon, aside from the obvious domino.

1 sp1 1 sp2 and fight is over. He can cach people on defense too if they dont have a good counter, especially at high sig with his crit damage resistance
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    Prowler (unduped)
    If it’s for battlegrounds, guardian is gonna be really bad for next two GC metas. (Energy Bolster) and (Crit me with your best shot) so I’d do prowler.

If it’s for battlegrounds, guardian is gonna be really bad for next two GC metas. (Energy Bolster) and (Crit me with your best shot) so I’d do prowler.

Prowler doesn’t crit either
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★

Tech isn’t really the strongest class, the only one I’d say is a better choice is Red Skull? Maybe Hulkbuster?
    Good question. I have an r3 Shocker and he is worth it, all day. I’d give RS a gem, absolutely. I don’t have a highly ranked HB at any rarity but I can see the appeal.

I have a r2, sig 20 Guardian and the rotation that everyone always cites (sp1, sp2) doesn’t get the job done against r2s and definitely not rank 3s. So then you have to build up again. Who knows, maybe it’s something I’m doing wrong.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    Prowler (unduped)

Prowler doesn’t crit either

He’ll be good for energy bolster tho

Good question. I have an r3 Shocker and he is worth it, all day. I’d give RS a gem, absolutely. I don’t have a highly ranked HB at any rarity but I can see the appeal.

I have a r2, sig 20 Guardian and the rotation that everyone always cites (sp1, sp2) doesn’t get the job done against r2s and definitely not rank 3s. So then you have to build up again. Who knows, maybe it’s something I’m doing wrong.
    Are you using the HB relic?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)

I think you aren't using hb relic. Throw a 5*/6* hb relic before the sp 2 and launch the sp2, His shock deal 20k per tick and also he also deal huge sp2 damage. A r2 can easily take 250k healthpools in one sp1+one sp2.

I'll definitely agree shocker is way ahead in offense than guardian but only when he's duped and high sig. Shocker really needs the high sig for bgs. But imo shocker is the best tech attacker in the game.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    edited August 20
    Guardian (sig 20)

Definitely true. I have a r3 PROWLER BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY MCOC CAREER. Bro can't even nuke a 300k+ healthpool without some spare change left. Guardian is definitely better tho, that being said there are A LOT of basic Nodes/guardian can't work for. I do think he's just damage his utility isn't really there for example you can't do a knockdown protection node because if you knockdown with your heavy, you lose a force field charge WHICH IS SOMETHING HE NEEDS to do damage.
    Compared to other classes they're alright not anything really impressive.
    Guardian (sig 20)
    NONYABIZZ said:

Definitely true. I have a r3 PROWLER BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY MCOC CAREER. Bro can't even nuke a 300k+ healthpool without some spare change left. Guardian is definitely better tho, that being said there are A LOT of basic Nodes/guardian can't work for. I do think he's just damage his utility isn't really there for example you can't do a knockdown protection node because if you knockdown with your heavy, you lose a force field charge WHICH IS SOMETHING HE NEEDS to do damage.
    Yeah I felt that guardian has a pretty strict rotation like cgr, But he don't shut things down like cgr.

His energy resistance is a clutch but you need high sig for that. But if things align correctly, He is a insane nuke.
    edited August 20

NONYABIZZ said:

Yeah I felt that guardian has a pretty strict rotation like cgr, But he don't shut things down like cgr.

His energy resistance is a clutch but you need high sig for that. But if things align correctly, He is a insane nuke.
    Off topic but is Guardian with HB relic faster than Venom with Venom relic?
    Guardian (sig 20)
    Polygon said:

NONYABIZZ said:

It depends. Guardian has a fixed 45 sec rotation. I've done 25 seconds fight with Venom and 60-70 sec fights as well. Both are not comparable since one has guaranteed damage and the other has RNG damage.

Polygon said:

NONYABIZZ said:

It depends. Guardian has a fixed 45 sec rotation. I've done 25 seconds fight with Venom and 60-70 sec fights as well. Both are not comparable since one has guaranteed damage and the other has RNG damage.

Makes sense. Though, if Venom was RNG reliant, it doesnt make sense the amount of hype that he receives on forums
    Guardian (sig 20)
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Makes sense. Though, if Venom was RNG reliant, it doesnt make sense the amount of hype that he receives on forums
    The relic reduces the rng reliancy. He can do some insane stuff with the relic and got a lot of unique utilities that can come handy. He also have a easy playstyle compared to other cosmic powerhouses like Adam or Gladiator.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)
    Who would even vote for Prowler lmao
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,818 ★★★★★
    edited August 20
    I don't see why people shouldn't vote for Prowler. He's a very decent champ. Not amazing, but decent.

I'd lean towards Guardian's Utility more (Autoblock, Armour Up, Parry projectiles, Bleed and energy Resistance), but Prowler's isn't bad either (counter Evade, Falter immunity, Incinerate + Bleed immunity, counters Power Efficiency, Falter to create openings/land Heavies/avoid Specials)

Damage-wise, they also aren't actually a million miles apart; even with a Hulkbuster relic on Guardian + Sentinel relic on Prowler (who, in this scenario, isn't Awakened):
    Both are 7r1. Simple SP1-SP2 rotation for Guardian; or SP2 spam for Prowler...

edited August 20
    Guardian (sig 20)

I don't see why people shouldn't vote for Prowler. He's a very decent champ. Not amazing, but decent.

I'd lean towards Guardian's Utility more (Autoblock, Armour Up, Parry projectiles, Bleed and energy Resistance), but Prowler's isn't bad either (counter Evade, Falter immunity, Incinerate + Bleed immunity, counters Power Efficiency, Falter to create openings/land Heavies/avoid Specials)

Damage-wise, they also aren't actually a million miles apart; even with a Hulkbuster relic on Guardian + Sentinel relic on Prowler (who, in this scenario, isn't Awakened):

Cause the poll says duped Guardian or unduped Prowler, it's a no brainer.

As for the ROL fight, Guardian can do that fight way faster if you throw two sp1s before sp2, I've done it in 55 with my r1.
    I suppose the main issue with Prowler is that he's less good against Mutants - quite a few you either can't, or shouldn't use Incinerate.

On the other hand, Prowler's lack of buffs, and largely Physical damage makes him a really good option for a lot of the Mystic class; so there's that...
  • Ben_15455Ben_15455 Member Posts: 318
    Prowler (unduped)
    For battlegrounds I would probably go prowler. But for like questing I would say guardian
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)
    It is not really close who is better overall.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)

I suppose the main issue with Prowler is that he's less good against Mutants - quite a few you either can't, or shouldn't use Incinerate.

On the other hand, Prowler's lack of buffs, and largely Physical damage makes him a really good option for a lot of the Mystic class; so there's that...

Agreed, also he is a great Maw counter because of falter immunity
  • Kohlrabi1Kohlrabi1 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 20
    Guardian (sig 20)

R2 duped Prowler did it in 0:53. Fast enough, but I still struggle to find him any use in BGs
  • Kohlrabi1Kohlrabi1 Member Posts: 13
    Guardian (sig 20)
    (except for he is often banned. I have no idea why)
    Kohlrabi1 said:

R2 duped Prowler did it in 0:53. Fast enough, but I still struggle to find him any use in BGs

Yeah I r2’d mine, like him for questing and he was really good for the dazed and confused VT but otherwise I haven’t had any time where I felt I really needed to use him (except for Maw if I don’t draw Torch or Titania)
  • LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216

I have a R3 Lady Deathstrike. Ranked her because she dominates some annoying match-ups (looking at you Wolvie X). I’d also do Ironheart in a heartbeat. She’s a utility god. I use the 6* everywhere.

As for the ROL fight, Guardian can do that fight way faster if you throw two sp1s before sp2, I've done it in 55 with my r1.
    Really?

Without Recoil masteries, or synergies?

Mind showing me a screenshot of that?
    Guardian (sig 20)

Really?

Without Recoil masteries, or synergies?

Mind showing me a screenshot of that?
    @Magrailothos

I also just realized that I have a 6 star r3 duped Hulkbuster relic that has been rotting with Shuri so that makes the decision easier