Is necropolis still necessary for valiant

KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
edited August 21 in General Discussion
So as I’m very close to paragon and have no intention of stopping there because after defeating Gwen master act 7 is probably gonna be pretty easy from now and paragon will be achieved in no time. What to focus on after. prepping for necro if nesscary for valiant or going straight into act 8 completion and exploration because as far as I know act 8 exploration only gives 1 r3

Comments

• Nacho98Nacho98 Member Posts: 257 ★★★
    Act 8 exploration and crucible exploration for valiant if you don’t want to complete Necro
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 773 ★★★
    Crucible legendary gives one also for exploration. So you can skip necro now.
  • KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
    Okay I honestly would rather do necro then crucible I just didn’t know if necro was needed anymore
  • KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
    Necro looks fun and I love a challenge and I kinda wanna fight GM again but I wasn’t gonna do it immediately if it wasn’t necessary for progression
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    edited August 21
    I wouldn't say story content gets easier after Gwenmaster, but it does get more fun. There's more thinking to do as the creativity of the fights and global nodes improves, and your need for a more expanded roster increases, but only in a way that benefits you for having more champs, not in a way that punishes you for having less.

First up after act 7 is act 8 exploration. The next step after that depends entirely on your roster. You need a deep roster to get through the Crucible without it costing more revives than Necro, and you need specific champs to get through Necro without it costing more revives than is reasonable for the rewards.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★

Necro looks fun and I love a challenge and I kinda wanna fight GM again but I wasn’t gonna do it immediately if it wasn’t necessary for progression

There might be very occasional offers on 4th July or Christmas that can provide 7r3 materials; but apart from that, I think Kabam are very deliberately putting the stepping stones to Valiant in places where you have to play for them. So big content, like Act 8, Necropolis and Crucible.