Pre-Release Bundles

NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 436 ★★★
edited August 21 in General Discussion

I'm sorry, I've raised this concern with the forums before and kabam mike responded so don't SUE ME moderators but....
I REALLY "DO NOT" see why this is not a guaranteed 7* champion
$100 is alot of money for just a 6*. The average player who did not inherit a fortune will will not feel motivated to drop $100 for "JUST" a 6*. And I'm talking progression based by the way. This is speaking for new players as well, if I were new to the game and wanted to buy these I would be very shocked especially if this were to be my first purchase (prog level).
When I said this before kabam mike said, the champion was a bonus and you're paying for the crystals "THAT DON'T MAKE IT BETTER". If I'm going to spend $100 on a PRE RELEASE BUNDLE you think I'm doing it for the CRYSTAL and not the NEW CHAMPION that comes with it????? You're telling me I'm supposed to be spending $100 for a crystal that only has a 0.40% chance for a 7* new champion???
The game is vastly moving on from 6* champions and you can definitely tell by how kabam have designed these new champions to need 7*r3 to be able to push out decent damage or be used in important content. 6* are proving to be less valuable day by day. I do think these $100 Pre-Release Bundles should guarantee the 7* or whatever rarity you deserve based on PRG level. I get a headache when I hear people tell me they didn't get the 7* AFTER SPENDING $100. We obviously buy these bundles for a NEW CHAMPION and offering a Rarity depending on prog level will definitely encourage players to spend more. I made this post because I'm very much excited for dazzler and was contemplating buying these crystals but the more I hear people don't actually get the 7* the less motivated I get. I'm advocating for the 6* guaranteed champion to be bumped to a 7* for valiant players.
Let me know your thoughts on this
Let me hear your thoughts on this.

Comments

• NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    edited August 21
    Emilia90 said:

Being able to purchase a guaranteed 7* version of every new champ for a hundred bucks would break the game economy and suck for everyone

If that's the case then lower the price and keep the 6*
    DO YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD GET FOR A HUNDRED DOLLARS?
    We're talking a 100 dollars
    That is WAYY too much for just a 6* champion I'm sorry
    If I'm able to get a 7* beta ray for 30$ I definitely think I should get me moneys worth for A HUNDRED DOLLARS. And I know the plat pass if more of a favor to us and shout-out to kabam for it. But the average player is not spending $100 on EVERY CHAMPION. Not all of us are mindless whales I'll only be spending "$100 for a 7*" if I'm very interested in the champion already.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    While I do agree that $100 for a 6* is far too expensive(for most). It does offer up 12 chances to pull the 7*. Odds are terrible, but still possible. As said above, a guaranteed 7* for a c-note would be kind of s**ty for those of us who occasionally spend. Extremely s**ty to those that don't spend
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Being able to purchase a guaranteed 7* version of every new champ for a hundred bucks would break the game economy and suck for everyone

I mean yeah it is a lot. I wouldn’t mind if they lowered the price (I wouldn’t buy anyway but for everyone else). But offering a 7* wouldn’t be a good idea
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,322 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Seems like you shouldn't be spending 100 dollars in a game then....
    Its been like this for years.. you actually should be happy of getting the guaranteed 6* and the chance of 7*... That's what you are paying for really, the chance to gamble for a 7*
    edited August 22
    You could do what I do OP, pretend the sale is not there and forget about it. After all you don't even know if you are getting a top level or bottom level champ until the review months later.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

You could do what I do OP, pretend the sale is not there and forget about it. After all you don't even know if you are getting a top level or bottom level champ until the review months later.

For the vast majority of players, the sale doesn’t exist.

Most players don’t spend. Not don’t spend on big offers, most don’t spend anything on anything. For almost all the players of the game, the cash offers literally don’t exist.

The game is designed to be played without spending. The people who think that’s silly or naive seem to be completely unaware of what percentage of mobile game players spend on mobile games. It’s in the low single digit percentages.

If you’ve spent even five bucks on this game, you’re already in the top ten percent of spenders, ranking higher than all the zeroes. Spending is meant for people who can afford to spend and are willing to support the game. Everyone else should simply play as if cash offers don’t exist. The game is completely playable without them. In fact, MCOC is among the most friendly F2P games to non spenders I’ve played in the last twenty years.
    DNA3000 said:

Most players don’t spend. Not don’t spend on big offers, most don’t spend anything on anything. For almost all the players of the game, the cash offers literally don’t exist.

The game is designed to be played without spending. The people who think that’s silly or naive seem to be completely unaware of what percentage of mobile game players spend on mobile games. It’s in the low single digit percentages.

If you’ve spent even five bucks on this game, you’re already in the top ten percent of spenders, ranking higher than all the zeroes. Spending is meant for people who can afford to spend and are willing to support the game. Everyone else should simply play as if cash offers don’t exist. The game is completely playable without them. In fact, MCOC is among the most friendly F2P games to non spenders I’ve played in the last twenty years.
    I don't disagree at all; but spenders are gonna spend and good for them (I am a spender btw).
    Early access bundles were probably the worst deal, before the guaranteed 6* though.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I don't disagree at all; but spenders are gonna spend and good for them (I am a spender btw).
    Early access bundles were probably the worst deal, before the guaranteed 6* though.
    In one sense they were the worst, but in another sense they were not.

It isn’t the champ in the bundle that’s worth anything, it’s the opportunity to get that champ before most others that is the real value. Today, everyone can get the 6 for a hundred bucks with a shot at the 7. There’s probably a lot more people getting the 6 immediately as a result, which ironically devalues the 6. When it was much harder to get the 6, it was also more valuable to get it, which made the much higher spending (on average) to get the 6 somewhat justified. Not for everyone, of course, but for enough players to validate the expense.

Of course eventually that had to change to reflect the current rarity state and how much easier it is to get 6s. But I think it’s more complicated than just adding more stuff increasing the “value” of the bundle. Since scarcity is a big part of the value, the more you sell the less they are worth.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,026 ★★★★★
    edited August 22
    As long as lots of people keep buying 6* for 100, we will get 6 for 100
    But again, I never buy this, so whatever, let whales spend.
    Why are you getting so worked up if you're not interested in this deal?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,116 ★★★★★
    Lol that’s not how those work.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,575 ★★★★★
    edited August 22
    Because a guaranteed 7* is worth more than 100$.....currently at any rate. Plus, since there's no 7* arena yet it just doesn't make sense. 7* still aren't absurdly common like everything else just yet. Eventually they will be. But until 8* are a thing, the price of a 7* is gonna remain high.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

In one sense they were the worst, but in another sense they were not.

It isn’t the champ in the bundle that’s worth anything, it’s the opportunity to get that champ before most others that is the real value. Today, everyone can get the 6 for a hundred bucks with a shot at the 7. There’s probably a lot more people getting the 6 immediately as a result, which ironically devalues the 6. When it was much harder to get the 6, it was also more valuable to get it, which made the much higher spending (on average) to get the 6 somewhat justified. Not for everyone, of course, but for enough players to validate the expense.

Of course eventually that had to change to reflect the current rarity state and how much easier it is to get 6s. But I think it’s more complicated than just adding more stuff increasing the “value” of the bundle. Since scarcity is a big part of the value, the more you sell the less they are worth.
    They were always a poor decision.....unless you got the Champ. Lol
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 398 ★★
    I just hate these kind of stupid posts these days which makes no sense.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,907 ★★★★★
    edited August 22
    Idk why you westerners consider 100$ as expensive, It's like just 5 hours of your income right (assuming you're from US/Canada/EU).

If you're from other countries, especially asian and african ones, None of these deals are ever worth for our PPP, Most deals are targetted towards American and European customers.

If I earn by American terms, I'll happily spend my 5 hours income on a 6* champ from a game I love.

Basically I believe it is priced right. If we were to get a 7*, I believe they'll easily price it like atleast 500$
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

Idk why you westerners consider 100$ as expensive, It's like just 5 hours of your income right (assuming you're from US/Canada/EU).

If you're from other countries, especially asian and african ones, None of these deals are ever worth for our PPP, Most deals are targetted towards American and European customers.

If I earn by American terms, I'll happily spend my 5 hours income on a 6* champ from a game I love.

Basically I believe it is priced right. If we were to get a 7*, I believe they'll easily price it like atleast 500$

Wage laws are different all over the country. 5 hours isn't even going to get you to the average for the overwhelming majority of the clientele for this game. And many of the ones that could afford it in 5 hours or less are busy paying rent or a mortgage because they could actually afford to move out. For many it will be around 12 hours of labor. Average is probably around 8 hours. You'd want to spend a full day of wages on a game?
    Okay y'all thanks for the interaction I've understood why it shouldn't be a 7*
    Basically it's kind of a rich get richer situation if whales bought every new champ and were able to 7* r3 it'd be hell for everyone else. This would further the gap between players who pay and F2P Plus it's a gamble for the 7* and it you were able to initially get every new champ 7* whats the point of featured and titan crystals (FOR SPENDERS AT LEAST). I still do think the rate of acquiring the pre release champion should be increased tho 0% if very little lmao. You can obviously tell I'm new to spending and wanted to make sure I was getting the best of my money. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT
    Anyways I do appreciate the people who took their time to explain to me why a guaranteed 7* wouldn't work and for the people who tried to act smart with me "FOR ENGAGING WITH THE FORUMS" despite me not disrespecting any spender or kabam, I'm coming for you give me a minute.

Get out of my discussion if you have nothing meaningful to add. This was a post talking about game deals which cost real money I needed to know what these were and how worth it they were so I asked why it only offered 6* instead of 7*. Do not call me stupid for wanting to be enlightened on what I'm going to spend my money on. Go be miserable somewhere else if you have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

That is WAYY too much for just a 6* champion
    Then keep your money in your pocket and put it towards something else.
    I also, would never spend that kind of money on the game, even for a guaranteed 7*, it's just not worth the money (for me).
    And at the end of the day, these offers are not aimed at people like you or me. They are aimed at the small amount of people who will splash the cash for offers like this.
    So, stop moaning about an offer that is clearly not tailored for you and let other people purchase it and continue with your day.
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 398 ★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Get out of my discussion if you have nothing meaningful to add. This was a post talking about game deals which cost real money I needed to know what these were and how worth it they were so I asked why it only offered 6* instead of 7*. Do not call me stupid for wanting to be enlightened on what I'm going to spend my money on. Go be miserable somewhere else if you have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation.
    You don't have the right to stop me from commenting and forum is not your private property it's anyone can write whatever they want to write without violating forum rules literally so many stupid posts are getting made these days someone asking for promo code other asking for super daily event when it's already told kabam is reviewing other making posts for war rewards buff on gold tiers
    I didn't want to hurt your feelings but these types of posts just annoys me a lot
    I just gave my initial thoughts on the posts not for you
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Why would you want to drop $100 on Enchantress anyways? Lol people really overhyping her these days, can't wait for her to be irrelevant in 3 months just so I can say "I told you so" to everyone 💀
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    MCoC does not run ads.. it is supported my the top % spenders who pay for kabam employee salaries, game development, game servers, and other expenses incurred to maintain the game.. if you make each 7* easily available to those who will pay outright.. the game will loose the interest of the 1%.. then the game economy will crash.. only reason it is afloat is because whales are gambling 🎰 on rng to acquire the 7* champion they want.. this makes the champion not as easy to attain, causing a drive to own the champion at highest rarity and rank..

Op, I think you already got the ideology of mcoc game economy.. aside from champion rarity, is the availability of rank up resources, iso, and gold.. which some summoners may have one or the other but only few people have all.

Why would you want to drop $100 on Enchantress anyways? Lol people really overhyping her these days, can't wait for her to be irrelevant in 3 months just so I can say "I told you so" to everyone 💀

Dazzler will be coming to save us
    NONYABIZZ said:

She better be, the mutant class is so mid right now too (new champ releases at least cause yes Sinister buff was crazy).
    edited August 22

NONYABIZZ said:

She better be, the mutant class is so mid right now too (new champ releases at least cause yes Sinister buff was crazy).
    I better not see "defender" or "made for long form content" in her character description or else the forums would have to ban me for the hell I would raise
    NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I better not see "defender" or "made for long form content" in her character description or else the forums would have to ban me for the hell I would raise
    Been down that road too many times this year lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

I'm sorry, I've raised this concern with the forums before and kabam mike responded so don't SUE ME moderators but....
    I REALLY "DO NOT" see why this is not a guaranteed 7* champion
    $100 is alot of money for just a 6*. The average player who did not inherit a fortune will will not feel motivated to drop $100 for "JUST" a 6*. And I'm talking progression based by the way. This is speaking for new players as well, if I were new to the game and wanted to buy these I would be very shocked especially if this were to be my first purchase (prog level).
    When I said this before kabam mike said, the champion was a bonus and you're paying for the crystals "THAT DON'T MAKE IT BETTER". If I'm going to spend $100 on a PRE RELEASE BUNDLE you think I'm doing it for the CRYSTAL and not the NEW CHAMPION that comes with it????? You're telling me I'm supposed to be spending $100 for a crystal that only has a 0.40% chance for a 7* new champion???
    The game is vastly moving on from 6* champions and you can definitely tell by how kabam have designed these new champions to need 7*r3 to be able to push out decent damage or be used in important content. 6* are proving to be less valuable day by day. I do think these $100 Pre-Release Bundles should guarantee the 7* or whatever rarity you deserve based on PRG level. I get a headache when I hear people tell me they didn't get the 7* AFTER SPENDING $100. We obviously buy these bundles for a NEW CHAMPION and offering a Rarity depending on prog level will definitely encourage players to spend more. I made this post because I'm very much excited for dazzler and was contemplating buying these crystals but the more I hear people don't actually get the 7* the less motivated I get. I'm advocating for the 6* guaranteed champion to be bumped to a 7* for valiant players.
    Let me know your thoughts on this
    Let me hear your thoughts on this.

10 of those featured crystals are 3000 units if you buy the crystals. These bundles started off with offering just crystals and some boosts. They now have a 5 or 6* version of the champion, crystal shards, champion boosts and the crystals for the bundle.

You are spending $100 for "JUST" a 6* champion. You get the shards, boosts crystals and a guaranteed 6* version of the new champion. You're getting more value than the bundle has offered in the past for the same price.