7* Rank 3 Punisher 2099 is OP!

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 200 ★★
edited August 23 in General Discussion
From the seemingly eternal power-lock on the defender at full battery… followed by the 100k+ SP2 Damage… to the potential 90k-100k back-to-back 5 hit combos… Punisher 2099 is surprisingly insane.

🔴 Check out my 7* rank 3 Punisher 2099 gameplay breakdown at ‘MCOC Drøpshøt’ on my new YouTube channel

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★
    One of the best champs from that reunion pool (alongside Man Thing). How does he do on Defense?
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 200 ★★
    @EdisonLaw What’s up my guy. He’s really good on defence due to unavoidable SP1 & 2, so giving him the pierce perk makes him a toned down Tech Bullseye. Nobody has takes him out with more than 50% health unless they use CGR.

@EdisonLaw What’s up my guy. He’s really good on defence due to unavoidable SP1 & 2, so giving him the pierce perk makes him a toned down Tech Bullseye. Nobody has takes him out with more than 50% health unless they use CGR.

Tigra?
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,631 ★★★★

Doom does, I used to use him to counter Punisher 99, I'd power steal and do the sp3 rotation,
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,789 ★★★★

🔴 Check out my 7* rank 3 Punisher 2099 gameplay breakdown at ‘MCOC Drøpshøt’ on my new YouTube channel

I did a search on YT and your channel didn't come up. Can you post the direct link here?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,444 ★★★★★

I don't see how Hulkling, Adam, Silk, Hulk, Sunspot, Red Goat, FAM, Shocker, Mantis, Guardian, Venom or literally any other nuke that can kill before he throws more than two sp1s would struggle against him. He has zero defensive value other than the block damage, if you nuke him down fast enough I doubt you'll lose any meaningful amount of health, if they're losing that much it's probably just bad gameplay.
    EdisonLaw said:

Tigra?
    Tigra can 100% nuke, you just have to get him cornered and he's pretty much dead.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★

I don't see how Hulkling, Adam, Silk, Hulk, Sunspot, Red Goat, FAM, Shocker, Mantis, Guardian, Venom or literally any other nuke that can kill before he throws more than two sp1s would struggle against him. He has zero defensive value other than the block damage, if you nuke him down fast enough I doubt you'll lose any meaningful amount of health, if they're losing that much it's probably just bad gameplay.
    There was a reason everyone was running 6r5 Ascended punishee-99 on that MCoC offline tournament few months ago, legit everyone was losing because of his special attack unavoidable damage on block.
    edited August 24
    PT_99 said:

There was a reason everyone was running 6r5 Ascended punishee-99 on that MCoC offline tournament few months ago, legit everyone was losing because of his special attack unavoidable damage on block.
    Yeah but that was only because of the meta, after that how many times have you seen a r6 for defense purposes? I haven't seen a single one in like a year or so myself and I usually reach Arcane l
    Also, I already fought a friend's r2 and I didn't even lose 10% with Hulkling, I don't see how sp1s alone could take that much health from you. Only way I see you losing a ton is if you take multiple sp2s on block.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★
    Pun can be great at nuke metas, where everyone put 50k scores so your health matters more. in roster specific metas, He ain't that hard to defeat.

Pun can be great at nuke metas, where everyone put 50k scores so your health matters more. in roster specific metas, He ain't that hard to defeat.

Exactly my thoughts, can he be good? Sure, on the right meta where health matters a lot such as nuke ones or on a meta where you will be tanking specials left and right.
    He might be decent for this one since there's a lot of power gain going on if you don't use science or nullify immune, but in a non-nuke meta or a meta where he can't throw multiple specials on your block, he's really not as much of a threat.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,929 ★★★★★
    He should be above average as a defender. But don't forget, his high damage/power control phase is slowed down by buffs - the top Cosmic attackers like Hulkling and CGR will have few or no problems with him.
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 360 ★★★
    xNig said:

Doom does, I used to use him to counter Punisher 99, I'd power steal and do the sp3 rotation,
    He power drains you when you reach sp3…
    Only if he is duped
    edited August 24
    Yeah guys, even though I said P2099 on defence is really good and a ‘toned-down Bullseye… he’s nothing close to Bullseye on defence… and offers nothing on defence but unavoidable specials, and as a 7* with the pierce perk… that can be enough a lot of the time (depending on the attacker). He’s a great attacker either way. Well worth the R3.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 987 ★★★★
    Every time somebody brings up someone that they think is a good defender, mouth breathers come out like “well there are attacker that can take him so he’s not a good defender” and I’ve seen this behavior about literally every defender. I mean go to that Attuma v Maestro thread, they’re doing this about those champs too lmao.
    edited August 24
    @BlackTuran 100% right mate 🎯 the mcoc forums community does that all the time with everything. Everyone always has to ‘but actually…’ and 1-up each other. That’s why I just make my posts and leave lmao. I don’t look at other discussions and posts. People are gonna hate and dislike either way, especially when your opinion isn’t the same as theirs… they have a meltdown.
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Yeah but that was only because of the meta, after that how many times have you seen a r6 for defense purposes? I haven't seen a single one in like a year or so myself and I usually reach Arcane l
    Also, I already fought a friend's r2 and I didn't even lose 10% with Hulkling, I don't see how sp1s alone could take that much health from you. Only way I see you losing a ton is if you take multiple sp2s on block.
    Good thing AI these days LOVES to throw the special you don't want them to.
    Again, where are all the r6 P2099s then? AI has been like that for months it isn't a new thing.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    Pretty sure there are no r6 champs in the game currently 🫣
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,929 ★★★★★

They mean Rank 5 + Ascended.

We call r5 ascended r6.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,887 ★★★★★

*CMM enters the chat* Challenge accepted. 😂
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,887 ★★★★★

Every time somebody brings up someone that they think is a good defender, mouth breathers come out like “well there are attacker that can take him so he’s not a good defender” and I’ve seen this behavior about literally every defender. I mean go to that Attuma v Maestro thread, they’re doing this about those champs too lmao.

You can't say anything in the forum or on social medias without the trolls attacking 😂
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 597 ★★★★
    There’s also a few champs that I’m pretty sure can avoid his specials like Sparky, Ghost, and Silk. He’s not a top tier defender, but in certain metas or round 3 of BGs he can be annoying and a problematic defender. I’m just thinking back to Archaos where crushed and unblockable were running rampant. He would’ve been a terror to fight.

There’s also a few champs that I’m pretty sure can avoid his specials like Sparky, Ghost, and Silk. He’s not a top tier defender, but in certain metas or round 3 of BGs he can be annoying and a problematic defender. I’m just thinking back to Archaos where crushed and unblockable were running rampant. He would’ve been a terror to fight.

He might be good in the next meta since it's about block damage, correct?