Blob: Concept Ability Kit

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
Class: Mutant

Abilities
Passive
Thick, almost impenetrable skin grants Blob the immunity to all Frostbite and Coldsnap effects. It’s power to ricochet bullets grants Blob a 60% chance to fail Bleed effects and he takes -90% damage from bullet or weaponry-based attacks.
His skin has shown to be resistant to most diseases and toxins. Blob gains 30% resistance against all Poisons of the Battlerealm.
Parry Stuns have a 20% chance to fail.

Inexorable
Blob is passively Unstoppable while dashing in and +0.3 seconds. If Blob intercepts his opponent successfully, he gains a passive Fury increasing attack rating by +50% for 6 seconds, which is paused if a special attack is activated.
If Blob is intercepted while Unstoppable, it goes on cooldown for 20 seconds. However, intercepting during this cooldown triggers a 100% Inexorable Passive for 4 seconds. While Inexorable is active, Blob takes -30% incoming physical damage. (Counts for intercepting while Unstoppable as well).

Blob Mass
Blob starts with 300 Blob Mass. He gains charges as follows:
• 5 charge for every basic hit
• 15 extra charges for landing a heavy
• 10 charges for gaining a Passive effect
• 30 for successfully intercepting while Unstoppable
• 30 for every hit landed while Inexorable.
• 20 for every damaging debuff that fails to apply.

When Blob reaches 500 Blob Mass, he gains no more.

Angry
Blob is sensitive about his weight. Reaching 500 Mass charges consumes all and Blob becomes Angry for 30 seconds, granting 5 permanent Prowess buffs of each +20% potency. His dashing Unstoppable cannot be removed by any means during this mode and he is passively Unblockable while activating special attacks. Blob’s short temper is well known. If an Intimidate or Infuriate effect of any kind is applies on Blob while under 500 Mass, Mass gain is paused and Blob becomes Angry for 6 seconds.

Special Attack 1
Each successful hit grants 50 Mass Charges. As a defender, each hit avoided with the Dexterity Mastery causes this ability to fail.
The last hit places a Slow debuff for 6 seconds.

Special Attack 2
Blob is Unstoppable during this special attack. This unstoppable remains for 12 seconds after this special attack ends. If a Passive Fury is active on Blob, each hit has a 70% chance to deal 200% of the damage of that hit as a Rupture burst.

Special Attack 3
Blob distorts the gravitational field around himself and his opponent. The opponent sinks to the ground is Weakened, Hindered and Fatigued by the increase in gravity. A random number between 1-5 of each debuff is applied on the opponent and grants Blob a Passive Fury increasing attack by +70% lasting 5 seconds for each debuff applied by this special attacks.

Signature Ability: Thin Mint
On defence, if Blob is hit with a special attack while not Stunned, he is Inexorable and Indestructible for the duration of the special attack plus <0.1-3> seconds.
Increase the potency of Fury Passives by <10-40>%.
Blob’s skin absorbs blows and reflects incoming contact physical damage. <5-30>% of incoming damage is reflected while Inexorable.

Shout-out to @BringPopcorn.

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,921 ★★★★★
    Nice kit except the sig, He is indestructible against all special attacks in a stun immune/tenacity node? Sounds Too Op for me.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    Mutant Kingpin?
  • AzureAzure Member Posts: 123
    So basically, there is gonna be a murder when he is AW defender?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    Dude I was joking
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,514 ★★★★

Dude I was joking

This is your fault

Dude I was joking

This is your fault
    edited August 23
    ^^^
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Yes to Blob, no to messing with masteries.

• Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★

Dude I was joking

This is your fault
    Well, SOMEbody hurt you. WHO HURT YOU?

Nice kit except the sig, He is indestructible against all special attacks in a stun immune/tenacity node? Sounds Too Op for me.

There's no Tenacity, and he's only Stun Immune if he dashes in. The best way to counter that would be parry his light and be as close as you can to him. Then, launch your special attack. That way, you bypass both Inexorable and Indestructible.

Dude I was joking

You wanted a fat guy, I gave you a fat guy with a Thin Mint (sig)

There's no Tenacity, and he's only Stun Immune if he dashes in. The best way to counter that would be parry his light and be as close as you can to him. Then, launch your special attack. That way, you bypass both Inexorable and Indestructible.
    What about stun immunity from nodes, What if he was placed as AW boss, We just can't do any damage via specials?

What about stun immunity from nodes, What if he was placed as AW boss, We just can't do any damage via specials?
    Hmm. Well caught. I'll correct that.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Most of the kit is fine, if not a little plain, but the sig is absurdly powerful
    edited August 24

Hmm. Well caught. I'll correct that.
    Yeah I'll say, if blob is not stunned, blob takes 0-100% less damage from special attacks (scaling with sig) scaling with modified damage. Not applicable against tech champs and the damage reduction is halved in attack (So players just don't tank specials).