Playing mcoc in China

ZatbustZatbust Member Posts: 23
Are there any restrictions to playing mcoc in China? I seen previous forums of individuals needing vpns. Does any vpn service work?

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    I'd guess so
  • ZatbustZatbust Member Posts: 23
    edited September 8
    Can I not use my current version of the game? Do I have to download mcoc in China then log into my account?

And would that ban my acct if they see it being logged in somewhere else?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    Zatbust said:

Can I not use my current version of the game? Do I have to download mcoc in China then log into my account?

And would that ban my acct if they see it being logged in somewhere else?

Just needs to have been downloaded via an actual Android (or Apple) App Store ( not a knockoff HuaWei or etc App Store).

Govt may have different restrictions on time allowed online for games, etc, depending on your age. (which means your device may have to somehow have provided proof of age ?)
    And that is maybe why VPN's are used by some, to avoid it registering as being played n certain regions.

Game may be able to detect being “logged in” from different locations, but plenty of ppl using VPN regularly without triggering ban (so long as it really is from your device, by you, etc, that is logging in and playing)
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,076 ★★★★★
    @AcidBurn404 is from China but I'm not sure if he uses vpn
    What are some recommended vpn for gaming and that works in China?
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    i use vpn
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 114
    Xue Huea Piao piao bei Feng Xiao Xiao
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★

?
    Google translate isn't Google translating lol

Nvm found translation on Internet
    It's a song

"Yi jian mei"
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    MCOC was available but not anymore in AppStore China, those people downloaded can still play it, but no new players.
    A big loss for Kabam, there are many very good players and big spenders.
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244
    Wouldn't their censorship affect the fact that Wiccan and Hulkling are gay or am I just being racist? Like, I imagine that Kabam will remove any mention of it to appeal to the Chinese market or the Chinese government will not allow it.
    Atleast it's not Germany with red skull 💀

Wouldn't their censorship affect the fact that Wiccan and Hulkling are gay or am I just being racist? Like, I imagine that Kabam will remove any mention of it to appeal to the Chinese market or the Chinese government will not allow it.

• What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Member Posts: 41

You are being racist, AFAIK, the game was online in China for years (with Herc and Hulking released), even today there are still over ten thousand players, it was removed from AppStore only for a couple of years, the rumor said because Kabam didn’t refresh local license.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

There are countries that have death penalty for homosexuality and even those countries don't have any censorship for mcoc.

There are countries that have death penalty for homosexuality and even those countries don't have any censorship for mcoc.
    It's allowed in China
    But they do face some charges so I'd say it would not be allowed

It's allowed in China

the information required just steal ur parent's ID card and type the ID number in ( or use urs if ur already 18

How does this work if I don’t have a Chinese id? What vpn do you recommend?