ThatGuyYouSaw'235s Concept for an entire YEAR (NEW CHAMPIONS, CHAMPION BUFFS, RELICS)

ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
As you might have noted from the title, I am designing a concept for an entire year worth of content. Some of you may have seen my concepts and have varying opinions, I generally enjoy making them and have been doing so for a while out love and respect for the game and its development team, even for all the messy bumps in the road.

This is an extremely ambitious project. I've made concepts for singular champions but would only rarely connect them to other concepts I have made. Now apply that to an entire year's worth of champions, plus buffs and even relics.

This will take me a while to complete, but I feel it is the best way to give purpose to all my concepts and I hope you all enjoy my work as much as I have done making it.

Now, before I begin I will list some disclaimers:

DISCLAIMER 1:

The intention of this thread is not to suggest ideas, but to discuss them. Treat it like you had just seen these champions be announced and feel free to criticise, applaud or suggest ideas of your own.

DISCLAIMER 2:

I am not affiliated with Kabam in any way, shape or form. Any ideas I present forth are NOT OFFICIAL and they are purely concepts given life in this thread. If at some point in the future, one of my ideas parallel new champions, it is purely coincidence.

DISCLAIMER 3:

In terms of concepts. All the new characters I will design have all been chosen and WILL NOT CHANGE. Buffs are more dynamic and have not been all set in stone, so ideas can be discussed as to who I should buff for this year of content. I have not planned out the relics as of writing this, so feel free to suggest relic ideas. There will be no chase champions such as the Deathless for this year, but there will be one trophy champion.

DISCLAIMER 4:

For this thread, no feedback is bad feedback. I appreciate any form of discussion revolving around my concepts so long as it does not derail this thread. If you have a thought, I implore you to discuss it, I am far from a genius.

DISCLAIMER 5:

If an entire comment worth of ideas appears to be absent, it is due to it being stuck in approval purgatory unless I have stated otherwise. I expect to come across this issue throughout my project and I am stating this right here to save myself from stating it repeatedly.

FINAL DISCLAIMER:

I will only work on this project in my spare time. I have many commitments and this is purely a project I'm doing for fun. I expect this project to take a while due to the amount of concepts I will be making, so there may be massive gaps between posts. I kindly request that you refrain from posting your own concepts in this thread to try and complete the year. This is a personal project and while I love discussion, boundaries have to be made.

Now. Let's get into this.

As Kabam usually posts graphics of each of the champion classes with empty slots to give hints towards upcoming champions. I'll do the same, except because I'm too poor to afford Adobe, I will type them out.

FOR THE YEAR 20XX, THERE WILL BE:

- 3 New Skill Champions
- 4 New Science Champions
- 3 New Cosmic Champions
- 5 New Mystic Champions
- 5 New Tech Champions
- 4 New Mutant Champions

For a total of 24 champions.

This includes the SUMMONER'S CHOICE CHAMPION FOR 20XX. To save you all the democracy, I have decided the winning champion.

THE MANDARIN WILL BE YOUR SUMMONERS CHOICE CHAMPION

However I will leave his class ambiguous until I announce it later down the line.

There is an overarching storyline for this entire year, which will be concluded with the December concepts. It is planned to begin with February's concepts. To give you guys an idea of the champions I will adding this year, a lot of them are villains (which was unintentional but actually works pretty well with what I'm going with).

Abilities, synergies, tags, spotlight ratings and writeups will be provided with each champion. I will also do a rebalance program for champions at a rate of three months after they were "released". (Don't worry, I'll rebalance the Oct-Dec champs outside even after I've completed the final concept.)

I have finished January's concepts as of writing this, so expect them to come very soon. To throw you guys a bone, January will be yet another month based on the Immortal Hulk comic storyline, but both of the champions have well defined histories outside of that given storyline so don't fret if you've gotten sick of all the Immortal Hulk content (if any of you exist).

Before I end off. I've give you guys a hint for who February will include. One will be a highly desired champion that has appeared in a past Summoner's Choice event. The other is an often forgotten, yet integral part of an existing "complete" group of characters that exist in the game.

JANUARY WILL INCLUDE (IN ORDER OF RELEASE):

DOC SAMSON - SCIENCE

PUCK - SKILL

A TUNE-UP FOR SUPER-SKRULL:

AND THE BEGINNING OF 1 OF 3 SAGAS

That's all I have to say for now. I hope you enjoy this project!

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,044 ★★★★
    I actually would love to see more ☕️✌️
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I'm absolutely loving the idea of this fanmade champ year, idk why people are disagreeing to this,
    It's like a fanfic. You're puttin in a great deal of effort so I'm looking forward to this. Goodluck
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★

JANUARY

Gamma Flight reunites! The One Below All’s vile conquest of the universe is stymied once again! Facing many rampant foes, Doc Samson and Puck get the warm Battlerealm welcome of pure, unadulterated violent brawling with help of the Summoner and Chee'ilth. Pleasant as things may seem between the old friends, there are devils in everyone and for Gamma Flight, they may be closer than they’d expect. Will our heroes prevail? Or will this be the tragedy of the GAMMA FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES.

DOC SAMSON:

A high-achieving PhD psychologist, Leonard Skivorski was always an inquisitive person, seeking knowledge from any facet available to him. One day his curiosity would get the better of him after attempting to remove the Hulk from Bruce Banner, using a cathexis ray machine at his request. Motivated by scientific inquiry and personal desires, he irradiated himself with the gamma radiation stored in the machine and transformed himself into the superhuman being now known as Doc Samson. A strong ally, prestigious psychologist and a great friend; Doc Samson does it all.

PUCK:

Once a mercenary seeking mystical strength, Eugene Judd used to bite off far more than he could chew. Through a mystical artifact, Judd was granted increased strength and longevity, but was reduced to a fraction of his size. Adopting the moniker of Puck, Judd never changed his lifestyle as he explored the world until it eventually came back to bite him. Stuck in a dead-end jail, Puck got a second chance through Guardian offering him a chance to serve a greater purpose through Department H. Ever since, Puck had always worked closely with fellow Canadian heroes as a member of Alpha Flight, his long life finally seeming to have been granted direction.

MONTHLY BUFF (SUPER-SKRULL):

- Cosmic Energy Overload bonus buffs can now also be gained if Super Skrull reaches the required amount of buffs during Cosmic Energy Overload (Solves Super-Skrull's biggest problem in a very narrow playstyle. His damage will be far more easier to access)

- +17.5% Fury and Armour Up potency (Tops up Super-Skrull's buffs to give him some more power)

- Special 1 Armour Up buff duration is now 32 seconds (For an easier playstyle)

- Special 2 Fury buff duration is now 32 seconds. (Also for an easier playstyle)

- Energy Vulnerability duration is now 12 seconds. (Increases the window for crazy numbers)

- Falter and Energy Vulnerability are now passives instead of debuffs (His key effects shouldn't be neutered by the defining trait of another class. Also gives him extra defensive potential as the opponent can no longer remove them/heal from willpower, miss counters will be key to taking him out.)

- Signature Ability now provides 2% to 9% of a Bar of Power per second. (Makes the sig better)

- “Altercations” synergy bonus with Wiccan changed: Personal Incinerate debuffs are replaced with Nova Flame passives. (The first change makes the synergy redundant.)

- "Fighting Destiny" synergy bonus with Hulkling changed: Personal Energy Vulnerability Passives are paused while Attacking the Opponent. (Gotta be thorough.)

END

Doc Samson's concept will come up first once I finish adding the notes, tags and stats. Puck will come soon after.

DOC SAMSON - SCIENCE

TAGS: #Hero, #Size: L, #Defensive: Tank, #Control: Counter, #Gamma Flight, #Gamma, #Psychic Shielding

Survivability: 3.5/5
    Damage: 4/5
    Ease Of Use: 4.5/5
    Utility: 4/5
    Defender Strength: 3.5/5

SUMMARY: Doc Samson is designed to be an easy all-rounder champion, with each aspect dependent on how many debuffs he can inflict. He offers good survivability by increasing his own Physical Resistance and lowering the opponent’s Block Penetration, which can be further explored if you have the Inequity Mastery active. His utility shines through his unique immunities and consistent access to Decelerate, Wither and Debilitate debuffs. This allows him to counter champions such as Destroyer, Rintrah and Wong through consistent Unstoppable and Power Gain control while being a strong answer to Enchantress through easy access to Debilitate. For his damage, you deal a burst of damage each time a debuff is inflicted. Combined with the ability to apply multiple debuffs on each hit and his SP2 Physical Vulnerabilities, those red numbers will be MAD. When fighting Samson, should you not bring a counter, he will still be manageable with good spacing and making sure you aren’t clipped with the Crush debuff active. He also happens to be a champion you really don’t want to have aggressive AI on, lest you are constantly pressured throughout the fight. Leave it to none but the psychologist to want you to fight steady and level-headed.

Always Active:

An enhanced immune system combined with consistent level-headedness grants full immunity to all Poison, Infuriate, Intimidate and Taunt effects.

Samson’s Critical Damage rating is locked at +X and cannot be modified. If Samson would land a Critical Hit while his Critical Damage rating would be modified, he instead increases his Debuff Ability Accuracy on that hit based on the initial percentage increase to his numerical Critical Damage.

Each debuff on the opponent increases Samson’s Physical Resistance by +65 and decreases the opponent’s Block Penetration by half of the same amount.

DEV NOTES: Samson’s unique set of immunities grant him a degree of niche matchups that he can handle well with his immunities to AI-affecting effects, such as Spider-Ham. The Critical Damage lock was put in place to design an interesting interaction with his Debuff Ability Accuracy. Samson’s damage is not reliant on Crits, however you will still want to take advantage of any Critical Damage boost you can get through Stat Focus or synergies to maximise Samson’s potential.

Studied Habits:

Samson applies his psychiatric knowledge to study the opponent as they attack. As such, each unique attack the opponent performs grants Doc Samson a Studied Habit passive if he does not already have one active for that respective attack.

Samson’s base Debuff Ability Accuracy is 100%. Each Studied Habit passive increases this by +42.5% flat.

Each time Samson successfully triggers a debuff, he will attempt to inflict it again with a stacking -100% Debuff Ability Accuracy penalty for each successful trigger, this cycle repeats until he fails to inflict a debuff due to chance.

When defending, Studied Habits last for 15 seconds and Samson is more likely to throw Special Attacks the more he has active.

DEV NOTES: Taking a leaf out of Attuma’s book and ripping off Titania, this is the crux of Samson’s kit. You’ll want that Debuff Ability Accuracy through the roof if you want to see Samson’s dish out double, triple and based on if you have the right setup, quadruple debuffs!

When you’re facing him, try to stick to using the same attacks if you don’t want him to be aggressive. It may sound weird, but you’ll understand once we get to the Special Attacks.

Personal Debuffs:

All of Doc Samson’s personal debuffs last for 14 seconds at base duration. When defending, these debuffs can be inflicted through block.

Medium Attacks and Special 1 hits inflict a 20% Decelerate debuff.

Light Attacks and Special 2 hits inflict a 5% Wither debuff.

Heavy Attacks and Special Knockdowns inflict a 15% Debilitate debuff for each debuff trigger and subsequent retrigger Doc Samson can perform and are capped at that value.

Successful personal debuff triggers on a direct hit inflicts an instant Rupture dealing X Physical Damage.

DEV NOTES: Utility, damage, debuffs. You will be heavily rewarded by keeping your Debuff Ability Accuracy up with more control over the opponent’s Power Gain, Unstoppable and Evades and bursts upon bursts of physical damage.

I will say this right now. Samson's debuff burst damage will ONLY apply if he hits you directly. Won't apply through blocked hits, won't apply through random debuffs he places on activation, only if he is hitting you straight up. I promise this isn't a case of random unfair damage and it's dependent solely on how good you are at not getting hit.

The wording on Samson’s Debilitate stack limit basically says they are limited based on the best case roll for debuffs. For perspective, examples in the format (Debuff Ability Accuracy: Max Debilitates) are: (100%: 1), (150%: 2), (199%: 2), (201%: 3), (300%: 3).

You hate Enchantress, I hate Enchantress, we all hate Enchantress and Doc Samson does too. Keep a steady flow of Debilitates to keep her spells from ruining your day.

Special 1:

All effects trigger through striking the opponent’s block. If none of the hits leading to the final hit increased Samson’s combo meter, they are inflicted with a 4 second Crush debuff before the final hit of the Special Attack.

The final hit of this Special Attack will attempt to retrigger all active debuffs based on Samson’s surplus Debuff Ability Accuracy.

DEV NOTES: A nice way to keep Samson’s momentum going depending on how you want the fight to go. It’ll be key to keep the Debilitates up and going if you want to make playing Samson an easier experience.

This is also the reason why you don’t want Samson to be aggressive on defence as he’ll keep putting Crush debuffs on you, which will make avoiding Samson’s hits harder, making it easier to slip up and get bursted down by Samson.

Special 2:

Triggering this Special Attack and subsequent hits inflicts a Physical Vulnerability debuff on the opponent reducing their Physical Resistance by -125. These are paused during the Special Attack and last for 12 seconds afterwards.

When any Physical Vulnerability debuff expires, Samson takes 25% of his current Debuff Ability Accuracy to try and retrigger the debuff at -50% duration.

DEV NOTES: You want more damage? Here you go. A healthy helping of Physical Vulnerability debuffs will keep your bursts high and those resistances tanky.

Special 3:

Inflict an indefinite Vulnerability debuff on the opponent, increasing Doc Samson’s Critical Damage rating by +X.

Refresh all active debuffs. This is treated as applying new debuffs for Doc Samson’s abilities.

DEV NOTES: Triggering the Special 3 will give you a flat boost to your Critical Damage Rating, which as you know will allow you to inflict EVEN MORE debuffs.

Oh yeah... there's no limit as well.

This will give Samson a healthy rotation in longer fights, when even quadruple debuffs don’t cut it.

SIGNATURE ABILITY - Controlled Demons:

Punishing the opponent’s Special Attacks or Heavy Attacks with Samson’s Heavy Attacks or Special Attacks gives Samson +25% - 125% Debuff Ability accuracy for the duration of the punishing attack.

Against Mystic Champions, increases to Samson’s Physical Resistance also increase his Armour Rating by 30% - 60% of the same amount.

DEV NOTES: Nice things to have, but aren’t necessary for the full premium Doc Samson experience. The sig simply rewards skill with MORE DEBUFFS and makes Doc Samson even more tanky in Mystic matchups and will let you eat up all the Mangog SP2s through the block like a tapeworm at McDonalds.

Synergies:

Dear Patient: With Hulk

Doc Samson: Gain +X Critical Damage rating.

Hulk: Increase Stun debuff duration by +15%.

Open Sesame?: With Sasquatch and The Leader

Doc Samson: Triggering an instant Rupture has a base 15% chance to inflict a Rupture debuff dealing 50% of Doc Samson’s Attack Rating over 10 seconds.

Sasquatch: Heavy Attacks inflict a non-stacking 25% Debilitate debuff lasting 16 seconds.

The Leader: Each active Protection passive grants +5% Attack Rating.

Strong Beyond Strength: With She-Hulk and Chee’ilth:

Doc Samson: +20% Physical Vulnerability duration.

She-Hulk: +50% Fury duration.

Chee’ilth: [Gamma] Passively Sunder the opponent if they have 10 or more Bleeds.

Curiosity Killed The Cat… Way Too Many Times To Count: With Sandman

Doc Samson: Increase base Debuff Ability Accuracy by +15% flat.

Sandman: Start the fight with 2 Heavy Proficiency passives active, these do not count towards the maximum.

Gamma Flight: With Absorbing Man, Titania, Puck, Sasquatch and Captain Marvel (Movie)

#Gamma Flight champions: Increase buff and debuff duration by 10%.

Who Wants To Live Forever: With Hulk (Immortal), Abomination (Immortal), The Leader and Abomination

#Gamma champions: +5% Health and +5% Attack Rating

• WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★

JANUARY

Gamma Flight reunites! The One Below All’s vile conquest of the universe is stymied once again! Facing many rampant foes, Doc Samson and Puck get the warm Battlerealm welcome of pure, unadulterated violent brawling with help of the Summoner and Chee'ilth. Pleasant as things may seem between the old friends, there are devils in everyone and for Gamma Flight, they may be closer than they’d expect. Will our heroes prevail? Or will this be the tragedy of the GAMMA FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES.

DOC SAMSON:

A high-achieving PhD psychologist, Leonard Skivorski was always an inquisitive person, seeking knowledge from any facet available to him. One day his curiosity would get the better of him after attempting to remove the Hulk from Bruce Banner, using a cathexis ray machine at his request. Motivated by scientific inquiry and personal desires, he irradiated himself with the gamma radiation stored in the machine and transformed himself into the superhuman being now known as Doc Samson. A strong ally, prestigious psychologist and a great friend; Doc Samson does it all.

PUCK:

Once a mercenary seeking mystical strength, Eugene Judd used to bite off far more than he could chew. Through a mystical artifact, Judd was granted increased strength and longevity, but was reduced to a fraction of his size. Adopting the moniker of Puck, Judd never changed his lifestyle as he explored the world until it eventually came back to bite him. Stuck in a dead-end jail, Puck got a second chance through Guardian offering him a chance to serve a greater purpose through Department H. Ever since, Puck had always worked closely with fellow Canadian heroes as a member of Alpha Flight, his long life finally seeming to have been granted direction.

- Cosmic Energy Overload bonus buffs can now also be gained if Super Skrull reaches the required amount of buffs during Cosmic Energy Overload (Solves Super-Skrull's biggest problem in a very narrow playstyle. His damage will be far more easier to access)

- +17.5% Fury and Armour Up potency (Tops up Super-Skrull's buffs to give him some more power)

- Special 2 Fury buff duration is now 32 seconds. (Also for an easier playstyle)

- Energy Vulnerability duration is now 12 seconds. (Increases the window for crazy numbers)

- Falter and Energy Vulnerability are now passives instead of debuffs (His key effects shouldn't be neutered by the defining trait of another class. Also gives him extra defensive potential as the opponent can no longer remove them/heal from willpower, miss counters will be key to taking him out.)

- Signature Ability now provides 2% to 9% of a Bar of Power per second. (Makes the sig better)

- “Altercations” synergy bonus with Wiccan changed: Personal Incinerate debuffs are replaced with Nova Flame passives. (The first change makes the synergy redundant.)

- "Fighting Destiny" synergy bonus with Hulkling changed: Personal Energy Vulnerability Passives are paused while Attacking the Opponent. (Gotta be thorough.)

END

Doc Samson's concept will come up first once I finish adding the notes, tags and stats. Puck will come soon after.
    Personally I think the main thing super skrull needs is the ability to store the effects of buffs while cosmic overload is active even if they get converted. His furies do need a bump, but the biggest issue is that you don't really want his furies active during overload because you want to convert then to armor as soon as you enter it. I'm not entirely sure I agree with letting him gain all of his cosmic overload buffs even after he has entered cosmic overload, it would make him better but I can see it making him way way harder on defense.

Energy vulnerability increasing duration is good, but really what he needs is a way to deal with incinerate immune champions, whether that's a burst of energy damage or an armour break or something. His power gain being increased is an option but as a max sig user sometimes his power gain is too much and he ends up rocketing past where you need him to be which is an issue. I also think his cosmic overload converting into an aptitude after it expires that could maybe stack a couple of times would go a his way to increasing his damage
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,829 ★★★★★
    Wow - loads of work going in here, and it reads like a lot of fun.

Samson really has some interesting abilities.

I'm looking forwards to your updates, @ThatGuyYouSaw235
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 415 ★★

I almost forgot. We get roadmaps for the year to give us strong hints at to who will be coming to the game. I shall do the same.

January -

Doc Samson and Puck of course. Completing Gamma Flight while Alpha Flight gets its 4th member.

February -

A hint was already given, so I'll say that there will be a Science and Mystic champion coming that month.

March -

Once again, the Asgard month! One character is a major Thor villain that I'm surprised hasn't been added yet. The other is someone who has strong ties to a major accomplice of Thor and is part of an existing group of champions that hasn't seen a new addition in a decent while. I'll say the classes are Cosmic and Mystic but I'm not sure how that would help considering that is where 90% of Thor-related characters end up.

April -

We can't forget the obligatory Spider-Man month. This time things will be taken to a more, traditional street-level type deal with the two characters that will come with this month. Both champions are characters you'd associate with a more classic environment.

May -

An X-Men month and an extremely juicy one at that, focusing on a full blown war that will be fronted by two characters which I'm sure will be welcome additions to the contest.

June -

An iconic X-Men character has been found on a derelict, near haunted space station. Imagine those derelict freighters in No Man's Sky, how there's always an overarching sense of danger no matter where you are. Imagine that with the second character, someone or rather something that would be the last thing you would want to be pitted against in a Space Station.

(This concludes the plans for the first half. However, if you remember correctly, Kabam decided to let slip that July 2024 had The Leader coming to the game, as he was such an iconic character. I will do the same for July 20XX.)

July -

Kraven goes hunting. The Lizard is one of his two targets.
    @ThatGuyYouSaw235, my man, I'd love to help out make some!
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 415 ★★

I almost forgot. We get roadmaps for the year to give us strong hints at to who will be coming to the game. I shall do the same.

January -

Doc Samson and Puck of course. Completing Gamma Flight while Alpha Flight gets its 4th member.

February -

A hint was already given, so I'll say that there will be a Science and Mystic champion coming that month.

March -

Once again, the Asgard month! One character is a major Thor villain that I'm surprised hasn't been added yet. The other is someone who has strong ties to a major accomplice of Thor and is part of an existing group of champions that hasn't seen a new addition in a decent while. I'll say the classes are Cosmic and Mystic but I'm not sure how that would help considering that is where 90% of Thor-related characters end up.

April -

We can't forget the obligatory Spider-Man month. This time things will be taken to a more, traditional street-level type deal with the two characters that will come with this month. Both champions are characters you'd associate with a more classic environment.

May -

An X-Men month and an extremely juicy one at that, focusing on a full blown war that will be fronted by two characters which I'm sure will be welcome additions to the contest.

June -

An iconic X-Men character has been found on a derelict, near haunted space station. Imagine those derelict freighters in No Man's Sky, how there's always an overarching sense of danger no matter where you are. Imagine that with the second character, someone or rather something that would be the last thing you would want to be pitted against in a Space Station.

(This concludes the plans for the first half. However, if you remember correctly, Kabam decided to let slip that July 2024 had The Leader coming to the game, as he was such an iconic character. I will do the same for July 20XX.)

July -

I already got Lizard in the bag..

January -

February -

March -

April -

May -

June -

July -

Sorry mate, personal project, thanks for the offer though.
    edited September 19

JANUARY

DOC SAMSON:

PUCK:

END

Personally I think the main thing super skrull needs is the ability to store the effects of buffs while cosmic overload is active even if they get converted. His furies do need a bump, but the biggest issue is that you don't really want his furies active during overload because you want to convert then to armor as soon as you enter it. I'm not entirely sure I agree with letting him gain all of his cosmic overload buffs even after he has entered cosmic overload, it would make him better but I can see it making him way way harder on defense.

Energy vulnerability increasing duration is good, but really what he needs is a way to deal with incinerate immune champions, whether that's a burst of energy damage or an armour break or something. His power gain being increased is an option but as a max sig user sometimes his power gain is too much and he ends up rocketing past where you need him to be which is an issue. I also think his cosmic overload converting into an aptitude after it expires that could maybe stack a couple of times would go a his way to increasing his damage
    serpent number 2 🗣️🗣️

nah but being serious, you make many great points. I don't think Super Skrull will be too hard of a defender as he is still heavily neuteured by buff control, so most mystic champions handle him.

A lot of tech champions have Incinerate immunities dependent on their Armour Ups, which looking back, Super Skrull should counter. Apart from that Super Skrull really doesn't need to handle Incinerate Immune matchups. The buff should make him handle many matchups, not all of them. He does have that option through Nova Flame with his updated Wiccan synergy.

PUCK - SKILL

TAGS: #Hero, #Mercenary, #Size:S, #Defensive: Utility, #Canadian, #Alpha Flight, #Gamma Flight

Survivability: 3.5/5
    Damage: 4.5/5
    Ease Of Use: 2.5/5
    Utility: 3/5
    Defender Strength: 3/5

SUMMARY: To fit his small stature and big heart, Puck is designed to be a very fluid attacker. With the ability to reduce the duration of non-damaging debuffs and poison debuffs to an absolute standstill, with a hint of regeneration that gets crazier as Puck is inflicted with more debuffs. Puck is built to rip the Science class a new one. Seeing his best usage against champions that are far larger than he is or Science champions that like to counter Miss, Puck is due to make a splash in the Contest for both his skills and his skillful, yet very fun playstyle that lets you play him however you want to.

Always Active:

Immune to Bleed and Regeneration Rate Reduction.

Each time Puck would be inflicted with a non-damaging debuff or he triggers an immunity, he gains a permanent 4% Endurance passive, capping out at 15.

While Puck has an active Combo, the opponent acts more aggressively, scaling up with the difference between their tagged #Size and Puck’s own #Size: S tag.

DEV NOTES: Endurance is a rare effect in the Contest, particularly when it is made a centre of a champion’s kit like Puck. Puck also has the benefit of keeping the opponent aggressive in a unique interaction. Small tagged champions would see no change, whereas XL tagged champions will act the most aggressive.

Hardened Endurance - Max: 1:

Ending a Combo with a fourth Light Attack, second Medium Attack or Special Attack grants Puck a personal Hardened Endurance passive, lasting for 1.5 seconds per successful Combo Attack.

While Hardened Endurance is active, he reduces active debuff duration by -35% and regenerates X% of his Missing Health each time a debuff expires while it is active. Gains +100% potency against Poison debuffs.

Puck gains a Grit passive while Hardened Endurance is active and Hardened Endurance counts as an additional Endurance effect for Puck’s abilities.

Hardened Endurance is paused during either champion’s Special Attacks or while Puck is charging his Heavy Attack.

DEV NOTES: Not to be confused with regular Endurance, Hardened Endurance rewards you for staying aggressive. It stacks with regular Endurance so you could potentially reduce non-damaging debuff duration by a maximum of -95%. Hardened Endurance also answers DOTs, particularly Poison as he reduces the duration by -70%.

I decided to give Puck some Regeneration as he will rarely be able to use the Willpower mastery, and the big idea about Puck is that he should not be punished in debuff matchups. If you get your Endurances up, this is how you’ll be rewarded. This regeneration is doubled if the debuff that expired was a Poison as well.

Plus he gets Grit while he has Hardened Endurance active, isn’t that just cool?

Size Matters Not - Heavy Attacks:

When charging a Heavy Attack, Puck’s current Combo is paused and he goes Untouchable with 100% potency. If Untouchable attempts a Miss, it expires after 3 seconds and goes on cooldown for 10 seconds.

No nasty tricks surprise Puck, as such if a Miss is attempted against a Science champion, Puck is passively Unstoppable for 3 seconds and gains +2000 Armour Rating while it is active.

Puck’s Untouchable suffers a -50% penalty against the opponent Special Attacks if they have a Prowess effect active.

Releasing a Heavy Attack grants Puck a 13 second Fury passive, increasing his Attack Rating up by +X% based on how he had charged his Heavy Attack.

DEV NOTES: This is how you get Puck’s damage. If you recall how Hardened Endurance is activated, you can do a four hit combo, heavy attack into a Special and maximise his utility and damage. He also punishes Science Attackers for trying to counter his miss.

Looking at you Photon. You and your fancy pants dexterity shutoff.

Ya Always Gotta Own Up For Your Own Deeds - Special Attacks:

Knocking the opponent down inflicts Puck with a Prideful debuff, plus one if he has Hardened Endurance active. Prideful debuffs have no effect and last for 8 seconds at base.

If launched while performing or charging a Heavy Attack, Puck is Unblockable and gains +X Critical Damage Rating during his Special Attacks.

DEV NOTES: Prideful debuffs are how you’ll be able to supplement Puck’s utility. If the champion has too few debuffs to inflict, you can top your Endurances off with consistent Special Knockdowns.

The Unblockable is there to simply make sure that you aren’t punished if the AI doesn’t recognise that the hit connected and tries to ruin your day by blocking your Special.

Special 1:

For each active Endurance, Puck increases his Fury Potency by +X% for 12 seconds.

DEV NOTES: Rewards you with fast damage based on how many Endurances you keep. Throw those SP1s with those heavies for an absolute fiesta.

Special 2:

Convert all indefinite debuffs active on Puck into Prideful debuffs.

Passively Sunder the opponent for 12 seconds. Plus an additional 1.2 seconds for each Endurance passive Puck has active.

DEV NOTES: Allows Puck to handle matchups where the debuffs do not have a set duration and are instead indefinite (e.g. Void, Anti-Venom..). The Sunder also grants Puck more Critical Hits, but isn’t exactly necessary to let Puck shine. Play how you want to and Puck will do the job.

Special 3:

This Special Attack can only be used once per fight and is disabled while Puck is charging or performing his Heavy Attack.

Puck gains a +X% permanent increase to his Regeneration Rate and a +% permanent increase to his Critical Damage.

DEV NOTES: With the way Puck’s kit works, you’ll want to avoid launching SP3s repeatedly. So if you reach the SP3, if you want to get some cool bonuses to Puck’s survivability and damage, launch it. Otherwise, don’t worry about it.

SIGNATURE ABILITY - The Greatest Canadian You Know:

Fury Potency and Sunder duration is increased by +20% - +50%.

Increase Regeneration potency by +X% - +X%.

DEV NOTES: Simply makes Puck, more Puck. With longer durations and increased potencies to remind you why Puck is the greatest Canadian out there.

Synergies:

Tired And True: With Wolverine and Old Man Logan

Puck: Start the fight with Hardened Endurance at a 6 second duration.

Wolverine: Gain 2% of a bar of Power when triggering a Regeneration buff

Old Man Logan: Triggering Special Attacks inflict a 5 second Vulnerability passive of -1000 potency.

The Grass Is Always Greener: With Absorbing Man

Puck: Triggering an immunity on either champ grants Puck his personal Regeneration passive at 75% potency.

Absorbing Man: +10% Vulnerability potency.

Canada’s Finest: With Guardian, Sasquatch and Northstar:

Puck: Upon expiry, Prideful debuffs have a 33% chance to refresh any active Sunder debuffs on the opponent.

#Alpha Flight: +3% Health, Attack and Special Damage

I Wouldn’t Recommend Filming A Nature Documentary: With Sabretooth, Sasquatch, Wolverine (Weapon X) and Coming Soon

Synergy Champions except Puck: Gain a permanent 10% Fervor buff at the start of the fight.

Enemies: With Spiral, Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and The Leader

All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating

THAT'S A WRAP ON JANUARY!

Thank you all for your inputs, positive and negative. I've chosen to delay the first saga to April! This leaves January, February and March to relatively relaxed months where players can use whatever champions they would like! As a result, each of the Sagas will last 3 months!

In terms of what you can all expect for February 20XX....

THE FIRST NEW RELIC - MISTER FANTASTIC!

YOUR MODERATE BUFF FOR FEBRUARY - NIGHT THRASHER!

This month will be the first tie in to the overarching EQ storyline. As for your characters in order of release...

A forgotten, yet pivotal force where she finds herself. Discarded from appearing in the MCU, leaving the rest of the Black Order to take the spotlight. THE LAST OF THANO'S ARMY.....

SUPERGIANT - MYSTIC

And a character whose entry to the contest is LONG OVERDUE. A legendary hero with a prestigious history in Marvel Comics. A strong and pivotal figure wherever he finds himself. SUMMONER'S CHOICE ALUMNI....

BLUE MARVEL - SCIENCE

One final note:

It appears that Super-Skrull has not been performing as intended. You can expect changes to him come next update!

I'm very excited about what's to come, so stay tuned for more!
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★

JANUARY

DOC SAMSON:

PUCK:

END

serpent number 2 🗣️🗣️

nah but being serious, you make many great points. I don't think Super Skrull will be too hard of a defender as he is still heavily neuteured by buff control, so most mystic champions handle him.

A lot of tech champions have Incinerate immunities dependent on their Armour Ups, which looking back, Super Skrull should counter. Apart from that Super Skrull really doesn't need to handle Incinerate Immune matchups. The buff should make him handle many matchups, not all of them. He does have that option through Nova Flame with his updated Wiccan synergy.
    I mean I get what you're saying about him not needing to take incinerate immune champs, but it's literally like 90% of his damage and considering how many techs are starting to get incinerate immunity it just makes sense to give him something else. He's easy with a mystic attacker, but you don't always have that option and giving him potentially vigilance, unblockable, pyro fists and undermine when he throws an sp2 on defense is an absolute death sentence in a lot of instances. Any nullify immune node would make him a complete brick wall especially if you increase his power gain

JANUARY

DOC SAMSON:

PUCK:

END

serpent number 2 🗣️🗣️

I mean I get what you're saying about him not needing to take incinerate immune champs, but it's literally like 90% of his damage and considering how many techs are starting to get incinerate immunity it just makes sense to give him something else. He's easy with a mystic attacker, but you don't always have that option and giving him potentially vigilance, unblockable, pyro fists and undermine when he throws an sp2 on defense is an absolute death sentence in a lot of instances. Any nullify immune node would make him a complete brick wall especially if you increase his power gain
    Duly noted. I'm not well experienced in Super Skrull, so I'll just fix him up come the February updates.
    AS FOR WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FOR THE FEBRUARY CONCEPTS!

The Mister Fantastic relic will be designed to reward Science Champions who have many unique debuffs and can frequently get the opponent to launch their Special Attacks repeatedly, while giving specifc benefits to Fantastic Four champions!

The Night Thrasher buff will seek to make his damage more accessible while tweaking his utility to be more practical and up to date with the rest of the contest with the addition of effects such as Endurance and instant Debuff duration shortening!

Supergiant will be designed similar to her accomplice Ebony Maw in that when fighting her, the player must play around her defensive mechanics, knowing when to attack and when to hold back. She will also bring unique Mystic utility to cover a wide range of niches such as preventing the opponent's True-type buffs, being the second champ in the game with a Marked effect and being the first champion to have the Panic effect (prevent Evade and Miss) outside of nodes!

Last but not least, Blue Marvel will be the first 5/5 attacker for 20XX! He will be amongst the likes of Overseer, where his kit revolves around buffs. These are no regular buffs however, but ANTI-MATTER buffs. Anti-Matter buffs will be designed to greatly punish the opponent if they are removed, while retaining the positive effects for Blue Marvel. Expect Anti-Matter buffs such as Fury, Precision, Aptitude and Energy Protection and expect massive bursts of damage!