Onslaught-R3 worth it after a 6r5a?

GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 588 ★★★
edited September 23 in General Discussion
As the title, I feel my mutant class 7* is lacking. Is taking onslaught to R3 worth it even with a max sig 6*? Will I notice the difference or am I better off with storm, sunspot or bishop? I never use him but I said the same about silk and pig and now they’re my go to for everything.
I do ok in BG and as an alliance we’re plat4/5

Help a fella out if you can.

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    100% tank the 7*

The 6* is kinda mid on defense nowadays. So many champs nuke him so incredibly fast. The 7* r3 has a ton of additional health, slap BP on him and they’ll lose even more health trying to bait heavies, and some champs that cook him incredibly fast as 6* (Hulkling, FAM) get slowed down longer and take a little more damage. R3 onslaught is still a great defender but honestly, I don’t think the 6*A is all that tbh
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 948 ★★★
    Take bishop up, 6* onslaught does the trick most of the time.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,028 ★★★★★
    Ultimately an R3 Onslaught is going to be more useful on defence because of the greater stats and stat focus, plus future-proofing. I'm not sure you really have a better option, Bishop isn't such a threat these days. Sunspot could still be a great offensive alternative.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,344 ★★★★★
    R3 Onslaught will be the better long term rank up.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,404 ★★★★★
    I have both 6r5a and 7r3, both duped. There is a noticeable difference offensively and unquestionably noticeable on defense. If you use him, rank him asap!
  • Hulk808Hulk808 Member Posts: 90
    An r3 Onslaught will go higher than r3 one day…
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    Use the 6* on offense, and the 7* for defense