anyone else keep getting parried if hitting opponent block, and also huge lag during specials?

hurricanthurricant Member Posts: 551 ★★★
playing bgs, hitting opponent block, parried a nd killed.

try to evade bishop's special 2, game drop every frame,. it kills me. how is this still an issue

Comments

• kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 94
    because it's kabam, and i don't mean to bash them, but unless it's something to do with the store where they make money, it isn't going to be fixed, like aq comp, bg matchmaking, and bunch of other things that we deal with because it isn't money related, anyway yeah, just doing medium attacks gives me lag sometimes.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    kvirr said:

because it's kabam, and i don't mean to bash them, but unless it's something to do with the store where they make money, it isn't going to be fixed, like aq comp, bg matchmaking, and bunch of other things that we deal with because it isn't money related, anyway yeah, just doing medium attacks gives me lag sometimes.

What's wrong with BG matchmaking?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    kvirr said:

Kascam
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,114 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

try to evade bishop's special 2, game drop every frame,. it kills me. how is this still an issue

If defender masteries involved it’s no longer safe to hit the block past the first medium.

At this point I think it’s safe to call it a shadow nerf to many champs as it’s been radio silence on this for months, and if things go that long in the battle realm it’s unlikely it will ever be fixed… unless it’s a really minor character bug benefiting players.

Those are game breaking and have to be prioritized 🙄
    I guess in fairness it’s also a shadow buff to any defenders that ask you to hit their block… which is what this game needed most in 2024.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 441 ★★
    hurricant said:

Probably due to lag it registered as u started a new combo which has higher chance to get parried .
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    If I remember correctly, it's a result of a bug (or maybe just general AI) fix they pushed through a while ago where the defenders where too passive and wouldn't throw their specials. I'm not a programmer so take this guess with a huge grain of salt, but I suspect that the issue is that they might have made defenders slightly more aggressive, which I think might result in them not holding block consistently and instead letting it go ever so slightly between hits. If that's the case, it would explain why there's this constant chance for them to block the second and onward hits. They basically reparry you.

But as I said, I don't know if that's technically the case since I have no particular insight into it.

The point is, they are aware of the issue. They just had to choose which issue was going to be in the game for a while going forward, and probably deemed the other issue more detrimental to the player experience or something.

Hopefully it does get fixed soon because I agree that it's insanely annoying.
  • RockaflockaflowRockaflockaflow Member Posts: 63
    Happening to me and alliance members as well

kvirr said:

Not a lot for more skilled players, but when it comes to lower levels ( like 40-45 ) the struggle is real, going up against some of these dudes and winning is nearly impossible, for a f2p player getting to gc without having 4+ years of a roster is also impossible, that’s just like a lot of things in this game to be honest, or maybe It’s just a skill issue, but I think for any skilled player anyway, my champs aren’t taking down 400k hp health polls within 2 mins.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    kvirr said:

kvirr said:

Not a lot for more skilled players, but when it comes to lower levels ( like 40-45 ) the struggle is real, going up against some of these dudes and winning is nearly impossible, for a f2p player getting to gc without having 4+ years of a roster is also impossible, that’s just like a lot of things in this game to be honest, or maybe It’s just a skill issue, but I think for any skilled player anyway, my champs aren’t taking down 400k hp health polls within 2 mins.
    But at the end of the day that isn't a matchmaking issue. All players are going after the same rewards. The main limitation for any player is skill, but roster can be a limitation as well. I took 10 months away from the game and as a result I don't have a deck fully stacked with 6r5A and 7r2/3 champs, so they matchups are pretty rough for me in GC. But if I am going for the same rewards as every other player in there, should I not have to face some tough opponents?
    The issue with account based matchmaking is that it makes life easier for weaker players and harder for stronger players. Unless they were to make a second, lower level tier of battlegrounds, the only reasonable option for fair matchmaking is that any player can match any other player in the tier they're in.

kvirr said:

kvirr said:

But at the end of the day that isn't a matchmaking issue. All players are going after the same rewards. The main limitation for any player is skill, but roster can be a limitation as well. I took 10 months away from the game and as a result I don't have a deck fully stacked with 6r5A and 7r2/3 champs, so they matchups are pretty rough for me in GC. But if I am going for the same rewards as every other player in there, should I not have to face some tough opponents?
    The issue with account based matchmaking is that it makes life easier for weaker players and harder for stronger players. Unless they were to make a second, lower level tier of battlegrounds, the only reasonable option for fair matchmaking is that any player can match any other player in the tier they're in.

I agree with what your saying, but spending 15 energy or 90 elder marks just to get some dude that is pay to win and really skilled while players are limited by roster doesn’t sound fair, i love battlegrounds, and enjoy playing when it’s a fair fight. Honestly I wish there was a way to either refund the match and get what you spent back if you lost, or just like you said create a lower level bracket ( which is what they tried to do but didn’t do so great ).
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,956 ★★★★★
    Bugs and more bugs. The same one's that haven't been fixed for years and years, and even got worse with time.

I myself am now experiencing that one bug where my character stops attacking mid combo, and the one where it can't register the intercept light attack.

Bugs and more bugs. The same one's that haven't been fixed for years and years, and even got worse with time.

I myself am now experiencing that one bug where my character stops attacking mid combo, and the one where it can't register the intercept light attack.

Oh that new one is fun, where they run through your light and destroy you. I like getting parried when they don’t even do a block animation now.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited September 25
    BigBlueOx said:

hurricant said:

If defender masteries involved it’s no longer safe to hit the block past the first medium.

At this point I think it’s safe to call it a shadow nerf to many champs as it’s been radio silence on this for months, and if things go that long in the battle realm it’s unlikely it will ever be fixed… unless it’s a really minor character bug benefiting players.

Those are game breaking and have to be prioritized 🙄
    And if the champion has a 2 hit medium, it’s not even safe to hit block at all.
  • KingLotusKingLotus Member Posts: 80
    My only issues this season in bg “in middle of my combo some matchups they trow sp attack” when i intercept i get parry or they intercept me with sp attack … thats idk .. but anyway this season i trow it away cuz its not funny