Wounded Animal node on Toad

Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 412 ★★★
So, many of us have experienced the annoyance of dying randomly in this fight because of Pacify or Assassin failing his regen / prowess. Do we think their intent with this node was primarily to mess with masteries and “encourage” us to make adjustments? From the three non-DV objectives, I don’t really see many champs that we could have selected who would mess with Toad’s AAR, which seems to be the issue the node was designed to prevent.

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,268 ★★★★★
    You have just enlightened me. I randomly died while fighting him a little while ago and was so confused as to what happened but just let it go but this is interesting if true
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

The evidence over the last several months points to Kabam increasing game difficulty by specifically going after masteries.
    You've got this node, attacking AAR.
    You've got champs that shut down willpower.
    You've got champs that have specials that can't be dexed even if you can dex them.
    You've got champs that almost can't be parried.

I'm not saying this is inherently a bad thing or that I have an issue with them doing it, but it seems pretty clear that this is their current push to make end game content and high level war more challenging.

This is their version of mastery 2.0.
  • allinashesallinashes Member Posts: 826 ★★★
    I run 5 points in Assassin and this cost me at least 5-6 revives. I was mostly done by the time I realized the issue and at that point didn't want to switch masteries around especially since I have Assassin on all 3 loadouts.

Don't really see the point to the node though, unless it's to restrict options on the final quest when we fight all the champs.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 493 ★★★
    It's probably for the last gauntlet. Not for this specific fight. Also, there are players who only do completion runs and don't do the objectives
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,118 ★★★★★
    It exists so you won't nuke him in final guantlet with a 4* nimrod
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,305 ★★★★★
    edited September 26
    Pikolu said:

Keep in mind that onslaught had an armor up to prevent havok cheese despite havok not being an objective. This node is intended to force you to not use nimrod in the final gauntlet. It probably just so happens that AAR champions are caught in the crossfire which has happened since 2017. (No joke, for a year straight of EQ, every major boss had true strike just to counter quake)

Nimrod is falling out of relevancy. Give us 7* Nimgod already
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    Ngl surprised to see people still run the pacify and assassin masteries, it’s been a disadvantage to run for several years and then some because of how many beneficial nodes it’s disabled. The “attack on masteries”, in this case, isn’t new. If you were generous, you could argue the fairly recent introduction of the Adamant Axiom node was a buff to those masteries because now you can’t shoot yourself in the foot by disabling the helpful nodes but can still use them to prevent champion abilities. Regardless, makes way more sense to me to leave those masteries disabled and leave AAR to the champs built around it than to get randomly screwed over for occasional RNG benefit.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,118 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Ngl surprised to see people still run the pacify and assassin masteries, it’s been a disadvantage to run for several years and then some because of how many beneficial nodes it’s disabled. The “attack on masteries”, in this case, isn’t new. If you were generous, you could argue the fairly recent introduction of the Adamant Axiom node was a buff to those masteries because now you can’t shoot yourself in the foot by disabling the helpful nodes but can still use them to prevent champion abilities. Regardless, makes way more sense to me to leave those masteries disabled and leave AAR to the champs built around it than to get randomly screwed over for occasional RNG benefit.

Pacify is a double edged sword. It prevent a million annoying abilities randomly. Great if you use domino offensively a lot.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    edited September 26
    Squidopus said:

I turned off Pacify many moons ago due to noticing bad interactions with it that weren't benefitting me. I'm unaware of what stuff Assassin turns off (besides this Toad interaction that messed with players). Care to enlighten me? I've been hunting more another point to use when I redo my masteries soon anyways. Might just take it from there.
  • gforcefangforcefan Member Posts: 394 ★★★
    Assassin grants attack and AAR once the defender is below 18% health. The AAR can apply to anything that is not AAR immune, thus the problem. It is great when it prevents Hercules from going immortal, but not so much when it causes SOS Toad to randomly destroy you.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    Appreciate the comments. Preventing us from using Nimrod to cheese a single fight in the final gauntlet seems like a bizarre edge case to warrant this node, but I follow the logic, I suppose.
    edited September 26

Appreciate the comments. Preventing us from using Nimrod to cheese a single fight in the final gauntlet seems like a bizarre edge case to warrant this node, but I follow the logic, I suppose.

It's Kabam's way of further making Nimrod irrelevant in the contest.

#JusticeForNimrod
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 285 ★★★

Squidopus said:

I turned off Pacify many moons ago due to noticing bad interactions with it that weren't benefitting me. I'm unaware of what stuff Assassin turns off (besides this Toad interaction that messed with players). Care to enlighten me? I've been hunting more another point to use when I redo my masteries soon anyways. Might just take it from there.
    It’s been long enough that I can’t recall specific examples, and assassin is definitely the less hurtful one compared to pacify, but there’s a lot of nodes that trigger on hit that you don’t want assassin messing with. Wouldn’t be surprised if it caused shenanigans with removing Do Not Go Gentle charges for example.

More generally I just don’t think assassins is worth it anyways besides on your war defense setup to ruin a Herc player’s day once in a blue moon. The range it triggers in is small (>18% health) and the AAR isn’t good. It’d be one thing if it was 100% AAR as a way to seal the deal on fights, but nope. -12% with 1 point, -20% with the max of 5, take it or leave it. Not even -25% to completely shut down Serpent’s death immunity with a 100% AAR effect. If I want AAR to prevent some annoying ability I’m not hedging my bets on 1/8 chances of success, or if I’m crazy enough to invest 5 whole points, a whopping 1/5 odds. There’s better things to run with those points imo.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    Just spend revives bro
  • DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Member Posts: 489 ★★★

The evidence over the last several months points to Kabam increasing game difficulty by specifically going after masteries.
    You've got this node, attacking AAR.
    You've got champs that shut down willpower.
    You've got champs that have specials that can't be dexed even if you can dex them.
    You've got champs that almost can't be parried.

I'm not saying this is inherently a bad thing or that I have an issue with them doing it, but it seems pretty clear that this is their current push to make end game content and high level war more challenging.

Next giveaway: this players account cannot have his mastery setup removed or reduced
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★

They can just make an objective that does not involve nimrod. If someone decides to use nimrod just for completion then they lose on rewards for other milestones.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Pikolu said:

Keep in mind that onslaught had an armor up to prevent havok cheese despite havok not being an objective. This node is intended to force you to not use nimrod in the final gauntlet. It probably just so happens that AAR champions are caught in the crossfire which has happened since 2017. (No joke, for a year straight of EQ, every major boss had true strike just to counter quake)

Can you even play SOS?

They can just make an objective that does not involve nimrod. If someone decides to use nimrod just for completion then they lose on rewards for other milestones.
    That too. They don't want you to use nimrod at all. This isn't new. They're been nimrod proofing mutants for a long time now
    They've*

EdisonLaw said:

Pikolu said:

Can you even play SOS?
    Not so soon but I know what that node does. It was designed specifically so that we can’t use Nimgod