It’s like you want us to play less

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
Let me preface this by saying that I really like this game. Still love lots of it, always will, but it’s getting absurd how outdated everything is getting, along with the AI steadily becoming worse and worse

Loyalty Store

To start, every store is out of date. Is it really that hard to revise this regularly so people have an incentive to keep playing? Do we have to beg Kabam and then praise them when the update comes 50 years later? The loyalty store is absolute trash for any tier of progression other than the crystal, the rewards haven’t been updated in ages and it costs a valiant like 600k loyalty for a 6* AG that they hand out every month. Why not update the values at least? There’s no incentive for pretty much anything here, except for occasionally getting raid tickets for rng rewards (yay so fun)

Glory Store

People have been asking for months at this point. Glory store sucks, especially for valiants. The fact that we still have to pay an increased price per item is crazy for the low level of value we get out of anything here. Relic items are the only things I get here and it’s still too costly for how much you get. Not much to say here, they’ve been out of date for months

Battlegrounds

Oh boy. I actually love BG but the level of time and effort isn’t matching the rewards. Grinding your butt off barely gets you anything compared to other game modes these days. Have y’all seen the solo and ally rewards? Absolutely a joke for how much time and points you need. GC rewards are mediocre af (6k shards for placing in Quantum seriously). I know someone is about to mention the realm event, but there should be a more permanent addition. I’m tired of them bringing in small bonus rewards every couple seasons only to shift away from them and keep the same mediocre rewards the next season. The store values and caps should’ve also been updated a long time ago and valiants should have access to more than what we have now

War and AQ are barely worth it for 90% of players. War takes a whole month and unless you’re at the very top, you barely get anything out of it. AQ is similar because the glory store is still bad but I guess the other rewards are alright

Some smaller things that I know they’ll never touch but should’ve been updated a long time ago: Summoner Advancement, Sunday Arenas

SQ and EQ

We got recent confirmation that they’re “working on an update to this” but we can all agree that it’s way way past the time they should’ve done it right? They always update the difficulty a million years later when everyone is already long been tired of the content, and then we’re supposed to be happy lmao. SQ isn’t bad rewards wise, they have some cool stuff in there recently for the effort. The format is stale but it’s ok for now, but EQ is such a slog. TB rewards are awful and we need to 100% it every month just to do the paragon gauntlet, which has mediocre rewards too. I’m fine with the paragon gauntlet but I feel like the restrictions should’ve been removed for valiants a long time ago because TB eq sucks plain and simple. I’ve never been so bored playing the game before

Recent Champ Design

This has been a big topic of debate. I kinda understand what Kabam is doing now, but I feel like it’s too late and too little at this point. Essentially, 90% of 2024 champs are disappointing. Most are undertuned and niche and barely keep up with the amazing batch we got last year. I get it now though, 7* r3’s are the new norm and they’re gimping most new champs heavily to try and scale back the power creep. The thing is, when a 6* CGR or Juggs or Hulkling outdamages all your 7* r3 2024 champs, why would you think that people want to use them? Y’all overtuned a bunch of champs and trying to retract it by gimping every new champ isn’t going to work lmao. I can see them keeping it the same and eventually introducing 7* r4+ soon so the 6* can no longer punch up that high. The thing is, champs like Hulk, Juggs, Silk, Adam, etc that hit like trucks still exist as 7*, so my question is why? Why take such a step back in champs while still releasing annoying defenders. I do enjoy champs like WT, Prowler, BRB, and Dust but most of them have been so mid.

TLDR;

Every store is out of date (loyalty, glory, battlegrounds). Solo events are out of date. Ally events are out of date. Most content is boring and bland and a lot of people are tired of it

The new content we get like SoS and act content + Necro are great imo and the best it’s ever been, but that gets ruined by the bad AI too. Buff team and champ animations are still peak and everything but new champ design is boring. Stop taking so long to update stuff

Comments

• Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 204 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

Let me preface this by saying that I really like this game. Still love lots of it, always will, but it’s getting absurd how outdated everything is getting, along with the AI steadily becoming worse and worse

Loyalty Store

To start, every store is out of date. Is it really that hard to revise this regularly so people have an incentive to keep playing? Do we have to beg Kabam and then praise them when the update comes 50 years later? The loyalty store is absolute trash for any tier of progression other than the crystal, the rewards haven’t been updated in ages and it costs a valiant like 600k loyalty for a 6* AG that they hand out every month. Why not update the values at least? There’s no incentive for pretty much anything here, except for occasionally getting raid tickets for rng rewards (yay so fun)

Glory Store

People have been asking for months at this point. Glory store sucks, especially for valiants. The fact that we still have to pay an increased price per item is crazy for the low level of value we get out of anything here. Relic items are the only things I get here and it’s still too costly for how much you get. Not much to say here, they’ve been out of date for months

Battlegrounds

Oh boy. I actually love BG but the level of time and effort isn’t matching the rewards. Grinding your butt off barely gets you anything compared to other game modes these days. Have y’all seen the solo and ally rewards? Absolutely a joke for how much time and points you need. GC rewards are mediocre af (6k shards for placing in Quantum seriously). I know someone is about to mention the realm event, but there should be a more permanent addition. I’m tired of them bringing in small bonus rewards every couple seasons only to shift away from them and keep the same mediocre rewards the next season. The store values and caps should’ve also been updated a long time ago and valiants should have access to more than what we have now

War and AQ are barely worth it for 90% of players. War takes a whole month and unless you’re at the very top, you barely get anything out of it. AQ is similar because the glory store is still bad but I guess the other rewards are alright

Some smaller things that I know they’ll never touch but should’ve been updated a long time ago: Summoner Advancement, Sunday Arenas

SQ and EQ

We got recent confirmation that they’re “working on an update to this” but we can all agree that it’s way way past the time they should’ve done it right? They always update the difficulty a million years later when everyone is already long been tired of the content, and then we’re supposed to be happy lmao. SQ isn’t bad rewards wise, they have some cool stuff in there recently for the effort. The format is stale but it’s ok for now, but EQ is such a slog. TB rewards are awful and we need to 100% it every month just to do the paragon gauntlet, which has mediocre rewards too. I’m fine with the paragon gauntlet but I feel like the restrictions should’ve been removed for valiants a long time ago because TB eq sucks plain and simple. I’ve never been so bored playing the game before

Recent Champ Design

This has been a big topic of debate. I kinda understand what Kabam is doing now, but I feel like it’s too late and too little at this point. Essentially, 90% of 2024 champs are disappointing. Most are undertuned and niche and barely keep up with the amazing batch we got last year. I get it now though, 7* r3’s are the new norm and they’re gimping most new champs heavily to try and scale back the power creep. The thing is, when a 6* CGR or Juggs or Hulkling outdamages all your 7* r3 2024 champs, why would you think that people want to use them? Y’all overtuned a bunch of champs and trying to retract it by gimping every new champ isn’t going to work lmao. I can see them keeping it the same and eventually introducing 7* r4+ soon so the 6* can no longer punch up that high. The thing is, champs like Hulk, Juggs, Silk, Adam, etc that hit like trucks still exist as 7*, so my question is why? Why take such a step back in champs while still releasing annoying defenders. I do enjoy champs like WT, Prowler, BRB, and Dust but most of them have been so mid.

TLDR;

Every store is out of date (loyalty, glory, battlegrounds). Solo events are out of date. Ally events are out of date. Most content is boring and bland and a lot of people are tired of it

The new content we get like SoS and act content + Necro are great imo and the best it’s ever been, but that gets ruined by the bad AI too. Buff team and champ animations are still peak and everything but new champ design is boring. Stop taking so long to update stuff

I agree, especially the bit about the glory store prices increasing with each purchase.
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 180
    edited September 27

I want to add the Sigil Store/Black ISO Market to this. That's something that we actually PAY money to access. This should HANDS DOWN be updated on a regular basis. And the reset time needs to be drastically reduced. It's almost painful how long it takes to purchase some of the items again. With the addition of 7*'s and the direction that the game is going in, It should no longer take a month for large health potions to be available again. They're becoming outdated anyway.

To add to this, It was teased back in June that a update was coming and yet no further information was given. I also don't understand why Kabam continuously has the thinking that in order to update something that means something has to be taken away. That DOES NOT WORK!! You want to grow the game and keep current players engaged, the breadcrumb economic model is NOT GOOD for player moral. A overhaul needs to happen, just like how you finally updated the crystals and it didn't break the game.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,283 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

BigBlueOx said:

EdisonLaw said:

Arenas as well. Especially Sunday arenas. They are also outdated

At this point seems better to old teller outta its misery…
    Wow. Someone must have really hated Fant4stic
    Not someone, all of us
    Not all of us
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 903 ★★★★
    If they took the rest of the year off on champ releases and fixed the damned game, it would likely make them much more in the long run.
  • Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Member Posts: 54
    Just so you all know the best way to get results is by working together and that best way is kinda like a strike of sorts. Take off the game a week or two see how they respond when they are getting zero income from the player base. Just saying unity is a powerful thing. I usually get banned from forums for my posts bc they know how much damage it can do. They obviously don't care about what you guys or gals say and nothing gets done so see how my method works (trust me on this)!!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

Just so you all know the best way to get results is by working together and that best way is kinda like a strike of sorts. Take off the game a week or two see how they respond when they are getting zero income from the player base. Just saying unity is a powerful thing. I usually get banned from forums for my posts bc they know how much damage it can do. They obviously don't care about what you guys or gals say and nothing gets done so see how my method works (trust me on this)!!

Never in the history of MCOC has any sort of boycott worked.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    I wonder if they ever read this kind of posts, because I swear to you, it looks like they simply ignore it
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 484 ★★★
    It's Kabam bro, 10-years and they're still incapable of keeping up with their own economy unless money is involved.

The Sigil is a joke when they still charge money and can't be bothered to update

I'm sure we were promised more frequent store updates like a year ago?
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    I wonder if they don’t want to update stores for 2 reasons.

1) Players will progress too fast with more appropriate and relevant up materials that they get from all different types of game modes, most of which are easy. Obviously they don’t want us progressing this way.

2) They want to keep all the desired resources behind a pay wall and as rewards for Everest content. If we could get similar materials from content like AQ, why bother with harder Everest content that most people spend or drain their resources to complete?

I don’t agree with either of those reasons, but it’s what I believe is going on at this point in regards to all the various completely outdated stores.

The problem I feel is that they introduced stuff like 7* Rank 3 way too fast. And now they are trying to slow it down outside of when they want to give us Rank 3 materials. They also don’t want every 7* we have easily sitting at Rank 2.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 341 ★★★
    Honestly I really don’t mind about AW or any end game content now, just stick with this game casually only because of BG to have 2-3 match per day for fun, and sometimes gradually exploring Story when I have free time. Just like OP said, everything is outdated now, the only good reward are currently all in those **** end game content, with stupid AI, or in the deal, looks like they just try to squeeze as much as possible now. The EQ is the most outdated actually, consume too much time for the reward which Paragon don’t even care.
  • TheshadowTheshadow Member Posts: 154
    What about developing a new game let's say MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS META with same mechanics but much better tuning to the AI and other aspects.

Yeah I know it's a waste of time and money when you have a functioning game and I don't know anything about coding and all that stuff so feel free to advise me.

But I remember JAX saying in a live stream last year that the BUGS and their SOLUTIONS have been laid out in form of layer which increased as layer over layer over layer making it difficult to find bugs and makes giving a solution hard.

I am gonna mention here FREE FIRE did it they released another game FREE FIRE MAX with the same mechanics with improved graphics.

So I guess with the way it's going the game will kill itself before it dies out among the players.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I’m really not sure why it takes them so long to update certain rewards. Store updates should just happen regularly every 6-8 months. Currently they update stores like once every 2 years, and for the first 3-4 months the stores feel valuable, but then it gets outdated so quickly that I can stop caring about the store after those first few months.

Gc placement also rewards should’ve been buffed 6 months ago, there’s no point in grinding past uru 3 from a time/rewards perspective. Considering bgs is mcoc’s biggest gamemode you’d think they’d want to encourage participation and competition as much as possible, and yet the rewards directly behind the competitive aspect of the gamemode are the most outdated in the entire gamemode. It’s such an easy, highly beneficial fix that I don’t get why they’re not on top of keeping these rewards relevant.

Sq I don’t mind. I appreciate that it’s simple and not too grindy, and the rewards match the effort level. My only complaint has been them adding niche nodes like do you bleed and thunderstruck in a game mode they know a lot of people will want to just cruise through with their random team. I don’t want to plan ahead for an sq path when I already have to do that in other areas of the game. EQ I personally enjoy but still having to 100% tb eq for the gauntlet feels excessive at this point in time. I think they should reduce the requirement to just completion, at least for valiants maybe.

If the explanation for mediocre champ releases is that they’re trying to reverse or slow down power creep, then why the hell did they make someone like juggs a 7* lol. They also haven’t shyed away from making powerful defenders that egregiously power creep the old defenders, so I don’t think they’re doing this sheerly for the sake of managing power creep. My best guess is they want to alter the balance of offense to defense by making defense more powerful and more impactful from a meta defining perspective. (which I disagree with fundamentally but that’s a separate topic) There have been a few good offensive standouts in the 2024 release pool and it’s getting better with count and Shathra, but meta relevant attackers used to be the rule instead of the exception.

I share your frustrations with certain areas of the game and even though I do enjoy the game as a whole, I still feel it could be much better.

I’ve seen the devs talk about how much they regret releasing champs like Juggs as 7* in the discord. I think they messed up and my theory was that they were trying to backtrack (and we also get a lot of anti-Juggs metas probably for that reason). But yeah, 100%.

I want to like the game more so bad, but they fumble the easiest things. I was even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it came to the AI but it’s been like 3 years now. They haven’t fixed a single thing, just promises that never come to fruition or outright denial of the issues. I spent 3 minutes per SoS fight baiting specials like cmon. It’s so absurd that’s even the good content like that is ruined by the AI
    Yea I do personally think 7* juggs was a mistake. I know for example Tom Jarvis said he has juggs at r2 but keeps him out of his deck so he can ban him instead since he “turns the tide of a match” too much. And truthfully, he does. It’d be inconsistent of me to complain about how serpent is a near win condition and not point out that juggs basically is one as well. It’s still a bad move to try and backtrack on that by releasing mid attackers. Surrounding juggs (or any other op attacker) with mid attackers will only make juggs look better. It’s only gonna hurt the problem more than it will help.

The ai thing is just getting old atp. I understand that it’s a complex issue but what I don’t understand is why no temporary band-aid solutions are used to ease the burden. Toad won’t throw specials, and it’s beyond excessive. Ok then, even if you can’t fix the passive ai issue driving many champs not throwing specials, (toad being the current egregious example) then why not add sp1 bias to toad in light of the current situation? You’re telling me they didn’t play test the fight at all to see his passiveness before they released it? Even if they somehow didn’t they could’ve added that node within an hour after the community spoke up about it.

I can excuse being unable to tackle a very complex issue exactly when I want it to be fixed, (even tho it’s been years lol) but I don’t understand the absence of temporary fixes to ease pain while still working on the main issue.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

I remember the day Seatin released that video and the whole community when crazy, some changes were made because of that
    That wasn't a boycott. That was just the sheer amount of feedback they received.
  • TheshadowTheshadow Member Posts: 154
    Also I have a theory that all of this store updates and champ releases are a business strategy.

You know when you give your kid something immediately when he asks for it he would start asking for more. But delay giving things to him he would lose the hope of getting anything from you but when you give it to him he would be soo happy(don't need to explain more I know most of you understand)

Ex: spider punk.

CHAMP RELEASES:

So all of this champ releases are exactly planned well and executed. Just imagine if all of this year champs were actually good I mean as an attacker and also defender they hit everyones sweet spot. No one would be this much hyped for COUNT NEFARIA.

They wouldn't be able to dish out all these GLORIOUS GAMES offers and make the money out of it like they did now(I mean as much money as they made as now)

STORE UPDATES:

The same theory you just keep asking and they dish then out slowly. But this idea has failed here as they went past the time when they should have updated. Now any new updates will feel outdated in a month unless the store comes out as game breaking.

EVENT QUEST:

I remember PARAGON GAUNTLET was released when valiant was three months away I think. This paragon gauntlet became outdated at the start of this year with all of the new sagas and SOS contents.

The problem is they have only planned well for the champ releases which is the only thing that makes them money.

All the other topics have been brushed off to the side and have been forgotten in their list.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★

Not true. All players were gifted tier1 alphas waaay back when that was the rarest catalyst ….. and it wasn’t becuz kabam was feeling generous.