Who are you picking from the 7 star selector?

Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 450 ★★★★
Interested to know who’s most gonna go with. I’m personally going with Korg to take him to sig 40.

Who are you picking from the 7 star selector? 150 votes

Colossus
31%
AzKicker316ChovnerBENJI830MagrailothosPinballwizurdakanakanJyotishkaDoom_and_GloomZsirhcZWicket329Crysthian_ArnonwvonkGyanemdjerGustavo20doctorbSbkruebC19h28o2svilariumDeaconpeixemacaco 47 votes
Korg
31%
FreakydBigTuna_2054phillgreenIrakliege999menKennadoContestOfNoobsAleorJhonST33Sagacious0wlSpadeHunterZuroSarvanga1_jcphillips7Krishna24o_oRenaxqqBeastDadDeremusWinterFields 47 votes
Thing
37%
PantherusNZCrys23DrZolaSnizzbarWorld EaterRaganatorLongshot57CropDusterpseudosaneEddieVanWdjr17sxlbstverliebtTJ107ButtehrsForevernarwhalspsp742HungaryHippocaptain_rogersBahubaliTripleB 56 votes

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Awakening then Not stopping till 7r3 sig200 Thing.

A stall and incursions cheeser.
    Korg honestly lost so much of defence considering how every new hero is coming with non contact hits or bust of energy damage.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Member Posts: 296 ★★
    People maybe overestimating a high level Thing. The higher star level and rank the higher his health pool which means it will be harder for a champ to trigger his protection. I remember awhile back in bg losing because I faced 5 star thing and I had placed my 6 star max sig Thing. I lost because of the protection triggered so much on the 5 star.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 137 ★★
    Korg
    Jkw634 said:

People maybe overestimating a high level Thing. The higher star level and rank the higher his health pool which means it will be harder for a champ to trigger his protection. I remember awhile back in bg losing because I faced 5 star thing and I had placed my 6 star max sig Thing. I lost because of the protection triggered so much on the 5 star.

I just don’t think it’s realistic for me to expect to be able to max sig thing. I also don’t want to have to worry about getting any other champ to high sig, due to wanting to invest in others at the moment.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,445 ★★★★
    Colossus
    I will pick Magik's brother, because to me it's a more rare champ to get.

I have Thing 6 stars dupped, sig 60
  • Ben_15455Ben_15455 Member Posts: 326
    Colossus
    I have both Thing and Korg at Sig 20 and don't have colossus
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 474 ★★★
    Was gonna go colossus, but I pulled korg from an exalted last nite so might as well go for the dupe
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,768 ★★★★★
    edited October 1
    Colossus

Interested to know who’s most gonna go with. I’m personally going with Korg to take him to sig 40.

My boy! Lol. He's the only one I don't yet have as a 7*. I have the other 2 and both are awakened already.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Thing
    The only one I don’t have awakened
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,472 ★★★★
    edited October 1
    Colossus
    Don't have any of them so collosus. When I eventually awaken him I will r3 him
  • AegonTargarуenAegonTargarуen Member Posts: 55
    Thing
    Korg but I missclicked, need him duped xD
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 504 ★★★
    Thing

Korg is definitely a better defender than thing imo. Korg has more ways to f you up.

I'm picking thing cuz i Have the other two duped

Same here.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    Thing
    Although more sigs in Korg (60) is great, my Colossus (80) is ok, Thing (awaken) would be nice.. thats reason for my choice.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
    Colossus
    Don’t have colossus. Already have Thing at sig 40. Have korg unawakened, but already have sufficient ranked skill defenders for now (Bullseye R3, Killmonger R2 sig 20) so don’t see making the sig investment on Korg.
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 174
    Colossus
    I had an unawakened Thing, but wanted Colossus. Two days ago, I awakened Thing and my desire for Colossus is even bigger. Haha!
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,954 Guardian
    Thing
    Wanna dupe my thing, have no interest in colossus.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    Thing
    It obviously depends on what you already have, but assuming you play BattleGrounds the order of relevance from best to worst, IMHO is:

Korg Awakening/Sigs -> Thing Awakening/Sigs -> Korg New -> Thing New -> Colossus

I'm a big fan of Colossus, hell, I made this meme several years ago, but I think he's just lost so much relevance now.

• SbkruebSbkrueb Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    Colossus
    Already have thing and korg duped so the new champ it is
  • KennadoKennado Member Posts: 994 ★★★
    Korg
    My sole reason for picking Korg is because I dont have him and If I did get him out of the basic crystal, I would be disappointed getting him because then he'd need to be at least awakened. In essence, I'm getting the inevitable disappointment out of the way *now* so that later I can be happy about a Korg dupe *later*. I highly doubt the RNG will give me a Thing & Colossus dupe because, after 9 years, I can pretty much guarantee that both Thing & Colossus will still be unduped 6 to 12 months from now whereas Korg is someone I can see the RNG giving me a dupe on within a few months. Just playing the odds here and gambling on the RNG behavior of my 9 year old account.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    Korg
    I'll take korg for the dupe despite have a colossus as well. Need more annoying defenders for bg's since bullseye and onslaught are almost always banned.
  • JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Member Posts: 54
    Thing
    I’m going for the ever-lovin thing. Mines r2 and I took him to r2 only because I’ll dupe him from the selector
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Member Posts: 152

It obviously depends on what you already have, but assuming you play BattleGrounds the order of relevance from best to worst, IMHO is:

Korg Awakening/Sigs -> Thing Awakening/Sigs -> Korg New -> Thing New -> Colossus

I'm a big fan of Colossus, hell, I made this meme several years ago, but I think he's just lost so much relevance now.

What is it, in your opinion, that has caused Colossus to lose relevance?