New Realm event - Good or Bad?

BloodreaperBloodreaper Member Posts: 54
The new realm even has better rewards than the crystal cleansing event which is good, but imo the point gain is too low. There should've been a point for winning a battleground match regardless of using energy or elder marks, so that we can do elder marks and get point and get the mission completed and get a few points and some points for winning the match. So if we win we would get more than a 100 points per match.

Comments

• BloodreaperBloodreaper Member Posts: 54
    TyEdge said:

It’s a bad event. The problem is the structure. A 5000 point total is a HUGE ask, but it’s an ask being made without a guaranteed return. If I put in 5000 points and the realm only gets us 60% of the way there, I don’t get the last 40% of rewards I would’ve had otherwise.

It’s horrendous design. If Kabam had shared some numbers like “this is what the realm would’ve posted last season” then we could have some baseline expectations but it’s tough to ask my to double my BG production when I might actually get less than I got last season. Who thought that was a good idea?

True, they are asking for a lot without a guaranteed return.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 492 ★★
    I feel they have the right mindset, but not the right implantation stratagem. The point gain is definitely too low overall. But noting that the same number of points gained in the Realm event in every battlegrounds match is the same, assuming that the same currency is used by both players, perhaps it may just be a certain proportionality, for lack of better term, missing.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 906 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

It’s a bad event. The problem is the structure. A 5000 point total is a HUGE ask, but it’s an ask being made without a guaranteed return. If I put in 5000 points and the realm only gets us 60% of the way there, I don’t get the last 40% of rewards I would’ve had otherwise.

It’s horrendous design. If Kabam had shared some numbers like “this is what the realm would’ve posted last season” then we could have some baseline expectations but it’s tough to ask my to double my BG production when I might actually get less than I got last season. Who thought that was a good idea?

To get 5000 points, you need about 178 points a day, which I feel like is doable. I’ve already got 400 points today.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,417 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

Would you prefer 2k points and then not get anywhere close due to people only putting up 2k points and stopping? We already see that people open 1k crystals and haven't opened one since because they did "their part". Also the rewards aren't progression gated, so it makes sense that there is a fairly steep cost to it for lower players. Kabam isn't going to be handing out easy Titan crystals to all uncollecteds. Also, if you have a good win rate and normally hit the 400k solo objective, then the effort will be similar to get the 5k points
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Member Posts: 214 ★★
    Terrible.
    Rebark said:

Kabam has a problem with 1 billion.
    1 billion is a lot, it's a number almost beyond comprehension.
    I believe these two Realm events will prove that.

This right here…I can’t see the community even hitting half the way. I get the goal is to get more people to play BGs, but these expectations are just ridiculous 😂
    TyEdge said:

100% agree with this
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,564 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Would you prefer 2k points and then not get anywhere close due to people only putting up 2k points and stopping? We already see that people open 1k crystals and haven't opened one since because they did "their part". Also the rewards aren't progression gated, so it makes sense that there is a fairly steep cost to it for lower players. Kabam isn't going to be handing out easy Titan crystals to all uncollecteds. Also, if you have a good win rate and normally hit the 400k solo objective, then the effort will be similar to get the 5k points
    If someone is putting 5k someone else is putting 7k or 3k... Its a bad design of a realm event...
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

This is a very self centered view on the. You are not generating 5000 points on your own, each of those came against an opponent who spent the same amount of elder marks on those matches. Depending on your win rate, your 5000 points led to 6250 points (at 100% win rate) or 20K points (at 0% win rate) for the event. Saying I did my 5000 points is meaningless overall.
    Stature said:

TyEdge said:

This is a very self centered view on the. You are not generating 5000 points on your own, each of those came against an opponent who spent the same amount of elder marks on those matches. Depending on your win rate, your 5000 points led to 6250 points (at 100% win rate) or 20K points (at 0% win rate) for the event. Saying I did my 5000 points is meaningless overall.
    Your statement would be true, if VT and GC scored the same. Call it self centered, looking down or whatever you want. People who reach GC and start spending their elder marks will be carrying a lot of the load to reach milestones.
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 159
    edited 8:49PM
    Rebark said:

Kabam has a problem with 1 billion.
    1 billion is a lot, it's a number almost beyond comprehension.
    I believe these two Realm events will prove that.

I would be willing to sacrifice my free time, after work, to put in 5.000 points only if the amount of 7* shards would be twice the actual amount, and only if we could get full T6CC selectors, instead of 25%T6CC.

Once you get to Platinum/Diamond and Vibranum, the amount of time we have to spend in order to collect 5.000 in total, can double. That's because you can lose more battles than you can actually win, which results in lesser points.

• StatureStature Member Posts: 442 ★★★

Stature said:

TyEdge said:

Your statement would be true, if VT and GC scored the same. Call it self centered, looking down or whatever you want. People who reach GC and start spending their elder marks will be carrying a lot of the load to reach milestones.
    Only makes sense if you are playing bots, then there are no external costs to your points. You are playing against actual players who are spending elder marks too. People who are soldiering on despite high loss rate are the ones carrying others not the small set of players doing a few fights in GC.
    Stature said:

Stature said:

TyEdge said:

Only makes sense if you are playing bots, then there are no external costs to your points. You are playing against actual players who are spending elder marks too. People who are soldiering on despite high loss rate are the ones carrying others not the small set of players doing a few fights in GC.
    Yeah lets play the event on the hopes of people with 1 win for every 10 matches score 5k points in the VT point scoring rate...lets hope this players not only have a 9k elder mark cap but also buy another 5 or 6k with their units...They will be the ones to carry us...